Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Air conditioning help pls?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Bwicked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air conditioning help pls?

Alrighty guys after going through a few threads with the search function I thought I'd post my issue and see if once again I can get some help/ advice here lol..

I turn the a/c on my car and get nothing but HOT HOT AIR, but it blows very hard. I tried re-charging it myself, Nothing. I then took it to a shop to re-charge it. Nothing. When I put the A/c on the idle raises and it seems like its working. but no cold air. The shop said I might have a leak but doubts it b/c he did a vacuum test and it was fine. THen said it may be the condensor not converting the liquid to air?

A few things I read are :
Relay for a/c may be dead/ blown? ( fuse) Where is this at so i can check it?
I see both belts moving I'm sure.
I had A/c before I sent my car out for a engine build and JWT TT kit. WAsn't sure if i had it after havent tried till earlier this month. Had the car for 2 1/2 yrs never charged a/c or had any probs its a 2003.

I read that sometimes when the freon goes out the compressor doesnt kick on till u "jump start" it. Somewhere along those lines

Can someone give me a "specific" way to do something to check lol?
Old 06-07-2008, 12:09 PM
pmohr

When you turn the AC on, do you see/hear the clutch engage on the front of the compressor?
Old 06-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Bwicked

I don't really "hear" anything. I think before I used to hear a click sound. My cars kinda loud with the exhuast but i was pretty sure I used to hear a click before lol. I'm not sure who you are from AAM but I'm Brandon V. You guys did the work on my car lol. I membered I asked you guys to check my a/c during the rebuild. Prior to the engine spinning a bearing the a/c pulley ( or clutch) popped off at the drag strip one day. but when a/c worked after that still lol.
This is what fell off :

Not can you find out if u guys replaced that? or put it back on lol? like i said thoguht the a/c did work after this popped off. lmk
Old 06-07-2008, 12:24 PM
pmohr

Originally Posted by Bwicked
I don't really "hear" anything. I think before I used to hear a click sound. My cars kinda loud with the exhuast but i was pretty sure I used to hear a click before lol. I'm not sure who you are from AAM but I'm Brandon V. You guys did the work on my car lol. I membered I asked you guys to check my a/c during the rebuild. Prior to the engine spinning a bearing the a/c pulley ( or clutch) popped off at the drag strip one day. but when a/c worked after that still lol.
This is what fell off :

Not can you find out if u guys replaced that? or put it back on lol? like i said thoguht the a/c did work after this popped off. lmk
The compressor wouldn't work without that whole clutch assy in place.

I can check with Clint on Monday, have him check out the notes on your ticket. Personally I don't remember your car, but I'm sure Clint'll be able to look up the info on it.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Bwicked

That be great thanks! I just want to get a heads up and give a shop the most details possible to the problem before I get charged an arm n leg for diagnosis.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Thermal1

Is it blowing hot air like the heat is on? cause It could be the mechanism that controls the temp. (Blender motor it might be called?). I don't know specifically if that is what its called for Zs, but it is a fairly common problem with 240sxs.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Bwicked

no, not heated air just hot air or the outside temp basically
Old 06-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a very similar issue...even though I'm running the fcon, I had to have my stock ecu replaced for a new one because it wasn't sending out the signal to trip the compressor....big time drag.