Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch problem need help asap!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:31 PM
D_unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problem need help asap!!

Hey guys , I'm rarely on this but I need your guys help.

My buddys has a 350z and the Oem clutch was slipping and was pretty worn out after 90k mikes on it.

Right now me and my buddy installed a nismo r-tuned clutch, nismo flywheel and nismo pressure.

The installation took long but got everything installed.

Now the problem is when we took it for a drive and around 2500rpm to 3300rpms it underloads and makes a loud hum , we though it was something hitting it like the stock Y-pipe or such but stil makes a loud "hum" noise and we don't know what else to do, we thogh it was the pilot bushing and throw out bearing but it wasn't since we took it apart again and replaced both.

If anyone know what the problem is please chime in, thanks in advance
Old 06-16-2008, 01:36 AM
D_unit

anyone? bump bump
Old 06-17-2008, 08:00 AM
mac d

sorry i don't have any info on this but i am curious to hear what people say when they respond to you. i am about to tackle the flywheel, pressure plate etc. as well. I might hit you up for some knowledge as you have taken yours apart already.

BUMP
Old 06-17-2008, 03:27 PM
D_unit

Originally Posted by mac d
sorry i don't have any info on this but i am curious to hear what people say when they respond to you. i am about to tackle the flywheel, pressure plate etc. as well. I might hit you up for some knowledge as you have taken yours apart already.

BUMP
for sure, we also have found that it COULD be possible that the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate is unbalanced, and already had 2-3 pro mechanics do a check on it and they assume its the clutch package being unbalanced. but now the place we ordered it from will not take it back , and is avoiding my buddy on his return on this .....
Old 06-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I couldn't exactly tell from your message...

Is it working correctly but just that it makes the whining noise, or is it not performing correctly as well?

--Spike
Old 06-17-2008, 06:25 PM
D_unit

Originally Posted by Spike100
I couldn't exactly tell from your message...

Is it working correctly but just that it makes the whining noise, or is it not performing correctly as well?

--Spike
yes it works correctly, you can shift through all the gears , but to around 2500rpms when around there it sounds like a deep deep hum sound, like almost like a intake sound when you just punch it, but it comes from under the seats and in the rear and has a loud vibration feel too

so we are still clueless
Old 06-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I replaced my transmission, and do get a whine sound at around 2500-3500 rpm, but never any vibration.

The vibration you describe must be "chatter" on the pressure plate. I would think this is something that requires correction.

--Spike
Old 06-17-2008, 08:33 PM
D_unit

Originally Posted by Spike100
I replaced my transmission, and do get a whine sound at around 2500-3500 rpm, but never any vibration.

The vibration you describe must be "chatter" on the pressure plate. I would think this is something that requires correction.

--Spike
correction as in replaces it? i mean we re-done it twice and had pros theres that made sure everything was on right.

any suggestions?