Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

racing chips for the Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 11:20 AM
jdm3fiddyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing chips for the Z

i just got my 350Z about a month ago and already broke it in past the break in period and was wondering if there are any companies out there that make any racing chips for the Z that provide substantial HP. i know the chip isnt going to give it as much power as it would a turbo car, but if anyone knows anything please post!

thanks
Old 09-05-2003, 01:59 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Racing Chip, HAHA! Sorry but it's just a term that a lot of teenagers at school use whe talking about their Honduuuhs.

OK, Now that I'm done laughing.

You are probably looking for an ECU Program.

Technosquare has a program that is readily available and shows substantial increase in power.

You can get one @ http://www.strictlyz.com

MRC Motorsports is working on the Perfect Power SMT6 piggy back. During R&D stages it is showing a very very nice increase in power, but has a lean condition.

I'm waiitng for the SMT6.

Victor
Old 09-05-2003, 02:40 PM
wren57
Banned

No reason to be rude to the guy Mike, especially since he is admittedly a newbie and just trying to learn. I'm the same age as you Mike, and wonder why you laugh at member of the board you own just because they don't know as much about something as you. I would imagine if you asked him a question, you wouldn't like to be laughed at.

Maturity issues aside, he IS correct in that technosquare (chebosto) currently has a flash for you ECU, but people have been very skeptical about actual gains. MRC does have the SMT6 but it is still undergoing testing and getting all the bugs worked out. It is MHO that the Z is tuned quite finely from the factory, and won't benefit without doing something more radical along the lines of FI and/or cams, head work, etc. I would save the money and put it towards a turbo fund for when they come out.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:57 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

I agree with Victor's sarcasm 100%. As I stated in another post, theres too many new guys joining the forum asking redundant questions without doing 2 seconds of research. Doesn't take an expert to hit the search button and there will be a hundred posts about the TS ECU as well as plenty of info on others that are in development.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Zilverb@ck

But then again some people are new to forums and don't know how to do much of anything, much less search a topic. Now that he knows it is an ECU he can do the search.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:27 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by zxsaint
..."new" guys joining the forum asking redundant questions...

Maybe because they were "new"?
Old 09-05-2003, 06:44 PM
jesseenglish

He probably did do a search, but did it on racing chip. Which I'd put money on, doesn't return anything of value.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Pimp'n Z

on the ECU upgrade, it only shows 10 HP gain! I thought you could get more out of an ECU upgrade.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:42 PM
PA_Z

Is everyones time so valuable that they can not simply help out a fellow Zer. Come on guys - when I go on a sales call and my client doe snot understand the full potential/ features of the product i dont just bust out in laughter. I show some common decency and take the b lame for not explaining the questioned feature. I am also sure that I will get brunt down for grammar and spelling errors.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:07 PM
350G

I'm with ya on that one. Being a moderator of another forum, it does kind of get annoying seeing the redundant questions, but for the amount of time people spend saying "use the search button," they could have answered the question, rather than pad their post counts . . . 500+ posts of "use the search button" doesn't cut it . . . when we see a Z'er on the road, we pull side-by-side and give a thumbs up to our brothers. Why can't we educate the new members of the family with an explanation worthy of bandwidth?