Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Relieve fuel pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 AM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Relieve fuel pressure?

I know you can relieve fuel pressure by using a Cipher, but is there a way to do it mechanically? I need to swap out my injectors and don't want to mess w/ fuel squirting around.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
sloppymax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull out the fuel pump fuse then start the car. It will start then die. I would start it once more again then pressure should be relieved.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:06 PM
mthreat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the service manual might say how. Usually it says, "with CONSULT" and "without CONSULT". CONSULT is Nissan's equivalent of cipher - it hooks up through the OBDII port.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:04 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by sloppymax
Pull out the fuel pump fuse then start the car. It will start then die. I would start it once more again then pressure should be relieved.
DO NOT DO THIS!! This is an ignorant, and dangerous idea!! Our fuel pump is acessed from inside the car. You do not want that and the fumes AND the open tank exposed while engaging your electrical system!!!! Not to mention you run the risk of damaging things. WTF are you thinking!! This is how people get killed. If you want be a dumbass and do this be my guest. But don't play with others lives because you don'tknow what the F' you are doing!!!!

To the OP....

Open your hood. Theres a schrader valve (Bicycle valve) with a GREEN screw on plastic cap on it on the passenger rear side of the engine compartment. Unscrew that cap. And with the car OFF AND COLD depress the little nipple like you are letting air out of your tire, while covering it with a rag. It will burp a little gas out, and that's it!

OR as soon as you remove the fuell rail, the same thing will happen. Wither way works.

Last edited by halfass872; 04-23-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 AM
sloppymax

Originally Posted by halfass872
DO NOT DO THIS!! This is an ignorant, and dangerous idea!! Our fuel pump is acessed from inside the car. You do not want that and the fumes AND the open tank exposed while engaging your electrical system!!!! Not to mention you run the risk of damaging things. WTF are you thinking!! This is how people get killed. If you want be a dumbass and do this be my guest. But don't play with others lives because you don'tknow what the F' you are doing!!!!

To the OP....

Open your hood. Theres a schrader valve (Bicycle valve) with a GREEN screw on plastic cap on it on the passenger rear side of the engine compartment. Unscrew that cap. And with the car OFF AND COLD depress the little nipple like you are letting air out of your tire while covering it with a rag. It will burp a little gas out, and that's it!

OR as soon as you remove th efueal rail, the same thing will happen. Wither way works.
I must apologize for all the people I have killed in the past, all the damage I have done to the fuel systems and all the people I will kill in the future.

Last edited by sloppymax; 04-23-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 AM
halfass872

This is a good way too. Not as easy as just venting the valve, but easy none the less.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:19 AM
halfass872

I must apologize for all the people I have killed in the past, all the damage I have done to the fuel systems and all the people I will kill in the future. Explain to me how the tank is open again?

WHOA!!! I SUCK!!!! Sorry man. I totally breezed through your post and thought you said to pull the fuel pump. THEN i quoted you again not realizing it was the same thread, and gave you props!!!

Whoops!!! LMAO!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:23 AM
sloppymax

Haha, just making sure. I would never tell anyone to open a tank and pull the pump while its running. One way to make the schrader valve method easier to attach a fuel pressure gauge to it and allow it to vent that way. I was hoping someone was not bi-polar, haha.

Last edited by sloppymax; 04-23-2009 at 06:27 AM.