Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

KAAZ LSD reviews/input

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 01:33 PM
g356gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KAAZ LSD reviews/input

I am looking for reviews from those who have installed the KAAZ rear LSD on their cars. Good?.....Bad? Please let me know what you think vs the stock viscous LSD.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:41 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do a search, there is a review by daytona.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Kazz unit is one of several that are avaliable. I highly HIGHLY recommend that you run a search so you can gain so heady insight on the various brands and if one brand might make a certain "model" of LSD that is the best for you, (don't limit your thinking to only the Kazz). Their have been some discussion's that your really need to look up. Running a search may take you a few minutes, but it will be worth the effort.

Let me say something about the the stock viscious LSD vs any clutch type and why the clutch type is going to be better.

The stock LSD being a viscious unit has a limitation in the amount of power and or traction it can pass and still do it's job. Stickier tires can even find it's limitations, providing more grip resistance than the viscious fluid can handle. the stock viscous diff responds to a difference in wheel speeds, relying on the slipping plates to heat the fluid and tighten, which means it must react to wheelspin AFTER it begins. And theirs a limitation to the amount of force that it can deal with and do it's job of limiting slip. So by adding that much more power and surely wider grippier tires, you will likely over work the stock LSD to the point that it becomes ineffective in limiting slip on a regular basis. This is why the clutch type system's are superior, when you load them more, wheather with gripper tires or more power, you compress their clutch's more, improving their internal grip level's more. This is a fundamental difference between a clutch-type and a viscous limited slip. The clutch types responds to torque, so it reacts BEFORE the inside tire has a chance to spin. That's a big difference. The viscious has one possible advantage, smoother engagement's when it's doing it's job. Which is one of the differances I see people mentioned between brands and model's of clutch type LSD's marketed for the 350Z/G35.

This is kinda ironic for me to post about being that I'm installing a stock viscious limited slip into my sedan, like right now. The car is at the dealer as we speak (which didn't cost me much btw). For me viscious is better than nothing at all.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:37 PM
350z4steve

Default Re: KAAZ LSD reviews/input

Originally posted by g356gear
I am looking for reviews from those who have installed the KAAZ rear LSD on their cars. Good?.....Bad? Please let me know what you think vs the stock viscous LSD.
The best MOD yet!!
I highly recommend it if you want the power on the wheels and have it translate into forward momentum at all times especially high speed cornering. Also it allows you to power slide and drift easier.Definetly noticible improvement at the track.
See what these guys said and make your own decison if its for you.

Kaaz Review
Old 10-15-2003, 05:57 AM
g356gear

I have read all the recent articles available but I was hoping for unbiased opinions from individuals who actually have them in their cars and drive with them on a daily basis.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by g356gear
I have read all the recent articles available but I was hoping for unbiased opinions from individuals who actually have them in their cars and drive with them on a daily basis.
I don't know how unbiased you can get when reading reports from people that have tried several of them and have reported on how different one's are, well different. If you can't find the post I'll try and find the one and let you read it and see if you get the same vibes I did when I read it.

If you can't be helped by what has already been written here, then you might as well toss a coin and cross you fingers as the people in the know on the subject have really spoken a awfull lot on the topic in my opinion. Perhaps the only way to get the anwer you want is go find out every make and model of LSD that's made for the 350z/G35 and go to some of the Nissan 240 forums and find out who's using any of them and get their opinion's, but will those opinion's be biased or unbiased?
Old 10-15-2003, 03:14 PM
g356gear

This is why I wanted info from individuals on the forum. Magazines and shops can be biased because that's what they sell or that's what was given to them as a free promo unit for their project car. Looking for opinions from Joe Smith who has done an install into his daily driver and either loves it or hates it.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well,I know raceboy here got the Cusco RS LSD from us and I think its now installed - maybe see what his opinons are. I don't think you'll find anyone with anything negative to say about the KAAZ or Cusco, as both are high quality items from top end companies