Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Can you say "BLING"? (Crawford)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 10:56 AM
KrazY-2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
they send you one, then you send in your original after you receive the new one. so there's no down time. if you don't want to send in the original then you pay them another 200.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:18 AM
ChadO

Originally posted by Evil350z
If you want power, come racing with the Crawford crew sometime.
I wish to hell I could!
Old 10-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Ralphus

Actually...

The BLING plenum makes the SAME gains as the original crawford plenum. Many more hours have gone into this, grinding down the "humps" and welds. Then the polishing method used. It's the plenum we did, which everyone demanded they wanted a "pretty" one.

As for the "I wish they'd make that plenum not look like the tin man took a poo on top of your motor. You can't put the cover on?" comment... Go buy a BMW or Lexus if you want bling bling ... If you want power, come racing with the Crawford crew sometime.

Honestly... pretty parts aren't something we're aiming for. We want power. If power is ugly... Then so is the win our cars will take because we have that power advantage.

Damn... I hate it... being fast is soooo damn ugly!
I've seen plenty of go fast parts that are functional and good looking. Ugliness usually equals inexpensive, low quality, or lack of attention to detail, but in this case I guess it's just lack of caring. I think it'd be cool if you could add that part, but still put the cover over it. There's no way possible?
Old 10-13-2003, 03:47 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Ralphus
I've seen plenty of go fast parts that are functional and good looking. Ugliness usually equals inexpensive, low quality, or lack of attention to detail, but in this case I guess it's just lack of caring. I think it'd be cool if you could add that part, but still put the cover over it. There's no way possible?
How many times has this been discussed? No offense, but seriously, this has been brought up here so many times and explained so many times that I'm tired of reading the answers.

The problem with the stock plenum is that it squeezes down too much over the front cylinders, which restricts their airflow significantly compared to the rear cylinders. I suspect this is partially related to the slope of the hood, since clearance is so tight that you have to move the strut bar with Doug's part if you want to keep it. The Z plenum (vs the one for the G35) has to even have a small dip in the middle of the front to clear the hood without hitting. If all of that is true, how could the ugly plastic cover fit?

I don't get the tupperware fascination with that plastic piece. I personally think it is kind of ugly on its own. It is an engine for God's sake, not a storage container.

(Disclosure: I have nothing to do with Crawfords other than I know the guys. Don't take what I say as anything important or official )
Old 10-13-2003, 03:53 PM
webcarconnection

I'm gonna install mine tomorow (with the Z sticker too )... Thanks to Doug Crawford (very nice guy) and to Victor for convince me to buy it
Old 10-13-2003, 04:01 PM
dougrace zs

Default Re: Thanks, Crawford

Originally posted by Richard 350z
I hope you sell lots of the polished ones to people who like that sort of thing. I'd love to go racing with Crawford too, but I don't get to Tennessee that often (like never).

I recommend your product to my fellow 350z owners.
Chris (Evil350z) here...

Glad you like the piece... how does it feel with those cams? Obviously should help quite a bit!!!

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

As for not being in TN... don't worry... we'll be in Orange County for the `04 Convention!!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:12 PM
OCG35Coupe

Woo hoo! Orange County!

When is the "04 Convention"
Old 10-13-2003, 06:45 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by OCG35Coupe
Woo hoo! Orange County!

When is the "04 Convention"
This time, next year...

The `03 convention is going on as week speak in New Hampshire. Which come to think of it... I'm SHOCKED no one is reporting on it...
Old 10-13-2003, 09:10 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually...

The BLING plenum makes the SAME gains as the original crawford plenum. Many more hours have gone into this, grinding down the "humps" and welds. Then the polishing method used. It's the plenum we did, which everyone demanded they wanted a "pretty" one.
ooops, that's what i meant, but no more gains over the normal crawford plenum.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:11 PM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by webcarconnection
I'm gonna install mine tomorow (with the Z sticker too )... Thanks to Doug Crawford (very nice guy) and to Victor for convince me to buy it
YES! they are starting to believe!!!

Victor
Old 10-13-2003, 09:12 PM
MY350Z.COM

Default Re: Thanks, Crawford

Originally posted by Richard 350z
Evil350z -

I got my powder coated plenum installed last Saturday. It is everything it is cracked up to be. I'm very happy. I'm even getting used to the way it looks.

I hope you sell lots of the polished ones to people who like that sort of thing. I'd love to go racing with Crawford too, but I don't get to Tennessee that often (like never).

I recommend your product to my fellow 350z owners.
Richard I see an area of improvement for your bay. The intake pipe. You can replace the factory plastic piece with the Injen tube for slightly better airflow since it doesn't have the ribbed section like stock.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:52 PM
little_rod

Hmmm, I wonder what a regular powder-coated Crawford plenum would look like if the top of the plenum was dipped in chrome. Anyway, Richard, it looks sweet.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:26 PM
MY350Z.COM

yes it does according to your pictures.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:42 AM
Ralphus

Sorry, I should use the search button!

Originally posted by MannishBoy
How many times has this been discussed? No offense, but seriously, this has been brought up here so many times and explained so many times that I'm tired of reading the answers.

The problem with the stock plenum is that it squeezes down too much over the front cylinders, which restricts their airflow significantly compared to the rear cylinders. I suspect this is partially related to the slope of the hood, since clearance is so tight that you have to move the strut bar with Doug's part if you want to keep it. The Z plenum (vs the one for the G35) has to even have a small dip in the middle of the front to clear the hood without hitting. If all of that is true, how could the ugly plastic cover fit?

I don't get the tupperware fascination with that plastic piece. I personally think it is kind of ugly on its own. It is an engine for God's sake, not a storage container.

(Disclosure: I have nothing to do with Crawfords other than I know the guys. Don't take what I say as anything important or official )