Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

VQ35 Or RB26 DTT

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Oleg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
Lets also not forget the tire feathering issue either
Not with me, my whole wheels/suspension setup is aftermarket. So all the 2003 problems are not pertaining to the 5AT drivetrain then?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:57 AM
ManDogFish

holy ****in s**t
you guys are such ****n ignorant haters....

guy asked you if he should go for the rb26 or stick with the 2jz...
answer the frikin question and stop questioning him about his finances, his abilities and his english...
how does those things have anything to do with the comparison of the rb26 and vq35??

bronze 350z is quite accurate about what he is saying...might not be the best english but in a country like Saudi, its not easy to be good at english while living in an arabic speaking community...

that is a chevrolet caprice drifting...not a malibu...they are only sold in the middle east and in australia...
and the base model...comes the 5.7l Corvette ENGINE....
drifting a camry at those speeds while not leaving the road is harder than drifting on a 350z...
350z is easy ****... took me an hour to get the hang of it and a few days to get it perfect'ish

He does drift.. In such a country, the consequences of unlawful activity are very very heavy... Its not worth it for him to risk his future to prove shet to you....

who says a FWD handbrake drifting is not real drifting?? youtube... japan FWD drifting... ull eventually find a video of FWD drift cars on a track in japan... its just a different category...
the Japanese made Nissan > 350z... if they are wrong saying that is drifting... than ur car is wrong... Nissan made it...

and its harder to FWD drift properly than RWD...as you can not accelerate while drifting, your momentum and weight transfer has to be right before initiating the drift...

a lot of Saudis are born rich...
he most likely does have an M5, he most likely has servants clean his car, a driver to take it to the dealership and ****...
he just doesnt want to start modding on a platform that he may be unhappy with later on...
you dont know how much he may spend modding the engine he goes with

I dont get how this forum is supervised and still this frikin useless...

the question was rb26dett or vq35de/tt:
RB26dett............................VQ35de/tt
engine life ~160,000km........engine life ~220,000..probably around 150k if turbocharged
tt in stock form, easy +hp.....tt kit will very be as reliable as stock rb26dett
aftermarket support..............A big ***** of aftermarket based on NA aspiration
500lbs................................350lbs+(maybe 90lbs for the tt kit..prob more)
FI troubleshooting support.....very little reliable FI t.shooting supp
40-60,000km engine avail......needs forged rebuild for over ~440hp as DD
$3000 ................................$6000 for the turbo kit...$5000 for the stroker kit
BIG *** TURBO!!&bov...........cant utilize a big *** turbo as weak internals and alloy instead of iron block

kind of a late reply...but go for the rb26...
you can get labour cheap is KSA...
the rb26 has good aftermarket support and is more of a racing engine than a vq35...
the vq35 focussed more on torque and is a better daily driven engine...
the weight difference is not much between a stroked TT vq35 and a stock rb26...
the rb26 is an inline V6...its longer...
once installed, the front half of the engine will sit closer to the bumper than the vq35... this will disturb the weight distribution and cause understeer on the stock suspension setup...the centry of gravity of the engine will sit further and it weighs more...

but GO FOR THE RB26DETT
its not just max torque or power, its how its delievered...
an RB26dett pulls much harder than a vq...
350hp 350z's have a very hard time in 0-60 (0-100km) in under 5 seconds...
the rb26dett in RWD form needs about 330-350hp to easily do 0-100km in under 5 seconds...in awd they need about 290hp to beat 5s

if you are going for serious performance...get a suspension setup later on...

but yea
@OP
you have more than most here...and you seem to have gotten it easier without having to research much about things either
and you can drift in your streets while people here cant...
so haters gonna hate...they always gonna hate...
if you prove them wrong...they gonna work harder to try to make you look or feel bad...they gonna try as hard as they can
just make sure you are asking the right people...

Last edited by ManDogFish; 05-31-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:13 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ terrible post.

Save yourself the hassle and money, and stay away from the RB26. Yeah, it seems like a great idea right now... but when you actually get into everything, it's gonna add up quick. I suggest someone be reasonably educated or have a relationship with a shop that has experience with them before they jump on it.

Last edited by Spork; 05-31-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:16 AM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you notice its a 2009 thread?
Old 05-31-2012, 05:50 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So much FUD not to mention reviving a 3 year old thread... there should be an automatic ban module for people doing that.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most epic d-bag post ever! I need to find a really old post and create a bullsh!t response for no reason?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quamen
Most epic d-bag post ever! I need to find a really old post and create a bullsh!t response for no reason?
lol amazing. This guy has a pretty reputable post count though: 2
Old 05-31-2012, 02:29 PM
TreeFiddyGee

This thread needs to be burned with fire
Old 05-31-2012, 02:57 PM
jerryd87

1) nice necromancy pay attention to dates.....
2) the 5.7L hasnt been in the corvette since the 05
3) i havnt bothered to watch the video but i guarantee you it isnt a chevy anything its a damn holden since neither the chevy caprice or malibu are rear wheel drive the holdens are.
4) pretty much EVERYTHING for the vq35 works even better on FI then NA
5) very little support? obviously you have not talked to a single shop, manufacturer or even look in the FI section
6) why the hell does the vq35 need a stroker kit? a vast majority of those running fi do not have this eagle rods and cp pistons all most people need, hal is running over 700 to the wheel on this setup as are others.
7) obviously have not looked at the products boosted performance offers, no big *** turbo? huh here i thought a 7675 was pretty damn big.
8) alloy block? are you fing serious? go take a look at dart, rhs, warhawk all making aluminum blocks that take 2000 hp of pure abuse in outlaw 10.5 class and they are brutal. try again.
9) you are a complete dumbass there are numerous people doing far better then 5 second 0-60 times. im expecting around 2.8ish when my tires come in if i can hook. if i went with big tires so i dint need to shift and super sticky tires mayby 2.5 assuming perfect driving.

i think troll needs to go find a bridge, but instead of guarding it jump off it, preferably hitting rocks on the bottom. actually know something before you start talking, theres a reason the rb26 isnt produced anymore, there are far more advanced and useful options out there.
Originally Posted by ManDogFish
holy ****in s**t
you guys are such ****n ignorant haters....

guy asked you if he should go for the rb26 or stick with the 2jz...
answer the frikin question and stop questioning him about his finances, his abilities and his english...
how does those things have anything to do with the comparison of the rb26 and vq35??

bronze 350z is quite accurate about what he is saying...might not be the best english but in a country like Saudi, its not easy to be good at english while living in an arabic speaking community...

that is a chevrolet caprice drifting...not a malibu...they are only sold in the middle east and in australia...
and the base model...comes the 5.7l Corvette ENGINE....
drifting a camry at those speeds while not leaving the road is harder than drifting on a 350z...
350z is easy ****... took me an hour to get the hang of it and a few days to get it perfect'ish

He does drift.. In such a country, the consequences of unlawful activity are very very heavy... Its not worth it for him to risk his future to prove shet to you....

who says a FWD handbrake drifting is not real drifting?? youtube... japan FWD drifting... ull eventually find a video of FWD drift cars on a track in japan... its just a different category...
the Japanese made Nissan > 350z... if they are wrong saying that is drifting... than ur car is wrong... Nissan made it...

and its harder to FWD drift properly than RWD...as you can not accelerate while drifting, your momentum and weight transfer has to be right before initiating the drift...

a lot of Saudis are born rich...
he most likely does have an M5, he most likely has servants clean his car, a driver to take it to the dealership and ****...
he just doesnt want to start modding on a platform that he may be unhappy with later on...
you dont know how much he may spend modding the engine he goes with

I dont get how this forum is supervised and still this frikin useless...

the question was rb26dett or vq35de/tt:
RB26dett............................VQ35de/tt
engine life ~160,000km........engine life ~220,000..probably around 150k if turbocharged
tt in stock form, easy +hp.....tt kit will very be as reliable as stock rb26dett
aftermarket support..............A big ***** of aftermarket based on NA aspiration
500lbs................................350lbs+(maybe 90lbs for the tt kit..prob more)
FI troubleshooting support.....very little reliable FI t.shooting supp
40-60,000km engine avail......needs forged rebuild for over ~440hp as DD
$3000 ................................$6000 for the turbo kit...$5000 for the stroker kit
BIG *** TURBO!!&bov...........cant utilize a big *** turbo as weak internals and alloy instead of iron block

kind of a late reply...but go for the rb26...
you can get labour cheap is KSA...
the rb26 has good aftermarket support and is more of a racing engine than a vq35...
the vq35 focussed more on torque and is a better daily driven engine...
the weight difference is not much between a stroked TT vq35 and a stock rb26...
the rb26 is an inline V6...its longer...
once installed, the front half of the engine will sit closer to the bumper than the vq35... this will disturb the weight distribution and cause understeer on the stock suspension setup...the centry of gravity of the engine will sit further and it weighs more...

but GO FOR THE RB26DETT
its not just max torque or power, its how its delievered...
an RB26dett pulls much harder than a vq...
350hp 350z's have a very hard time in 0-60 (0-100km) in under 5 seconds...
the rb26dett in RWD form needs about 330-350hp to easily do 0-100km in under 5 seconds...in awd they need about 290hp to beat 5s

if you are going for serious performance...get a suspension setup later on...

but yea
@OP
you have more than most here...and you seem to have gotten it easier without having to research much about things either
and you can drift in your streets while people here cant...
so haters gonna hate...they always gonna hate...
if you prove them wrong...they gonna work harder to try to make you look or feel bad...they gonna try as hard as they can
just make sure you are asking the right people...
Old 07-09-2012, 09:19 AM
ManDogFish

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/d/6...+Caprice+5.JPG

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...001_medium.jpg

Im at work...I might come back to prove other stuff said ....
Old 07-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Exemption

Old 07-09-2012, 02:09 PM
jerryd87

pics of the drivetrain? because any malibu or caprice that is rear wheel drive is a HOLDEN malibu or HOLDEN caprice. holden is owned by GM but the platforms are different(the rwd holden actually use a stretched version of the solstice/sky chassis, the body panels are only mildly different most of it in the mounting) try arguing with someone who dint work for GM in the past. so far you have proved nothing your not going to prove anything either because your ****ing stupid and have no clue what your talking about, your flat out wrong.

if its a chevy its a export spec fwd if its a rwd its a holden.

oh yah once again nice ****ing necromancy dumb *** i like how you take over a month to respond amazed the mods dint lock it after my previous post.

one last thing i forgot about the base engine isnt even close to ****ing 5.7L either its the 5.3L truck engine, the upgrade is the 6.0L ls2 so once again try again(and thats in the older ones the 3.6L direct injected has since replaced the 5.3L since they make the same power.), oh yah if you need go ahead and google chevy australia the only thing you will find is dumb ****s like you commenting on **** they have no clue about. you will find a legitimate chevy site for australia dosnt exist as they are all HOLDENS

http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles

oh **** look right there holden caprice................

Last edited by jerryd87; 07-09-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 AM
ManDogFish

Originally Posted by jerryd87
pics of the drivetrain? because any malibu or caprice that is rear wheel drive is a HOLDEN malibu or HOLDEN caprice. holden is owned by GM but the platforms are different(the rwd holden actually use a stretched version of the solstice/sky chassis, the body panels are only mildly different most of it in the mounting) try arguing with someone who dint work for GM in the past. so far you have proved nothing your not going to prove anything either because your ****ing stupid and have no clue what your talking about, your flat out wrong.

if its a chevy its a export spec fwd if its a rwd its a holden.

oh yah once again nice ****ing necromancy dumb *** i like how you take over a month to respond amazed the mods dint lock it after my previous post.

one last thing i forgot about the base engine isnt even close to ****ing 5.7L either its the 5.3L truck engine, the upgrade is the 6.0L ls2 so once again try again(and thats in the older ones the 3.6L direct injected has since replaced the 5.3L since they make the same power.), oh yah if you need go ahead and google chevy australia the only thing you will find is dumb ****s like you commenting on **** they have no clue about. you will find a legitimate chevy site for australia dosnt exist as they are all HOLDENS

http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles

oh **** look right there holden caprice................
hahaha buddy.... Ive driven a caprice, its rwd...
youtube it...you'll find all you need to beat your own head with...

1. The at chassis for the caprice and lumina started selling around 2002~2003...before the solstice...it does not use the solstice chassis
2. Its rwd, a 5.7l and 6.0l V8 do not work in a FWD config...
3. Know who you are arguing with. I wanted to get the Lumina SS but moved countries...you have never seen a caprice SS, a solstice is a toy in size comparison..
4. "Its not who says it, it is what he/she says"... You working at GM makes both the company are you look bad, even if it didnt... it would have no value to one who looks at what is said more than the person saying it...

you just proved that you are so stupid ... that after working at GM for that long you dont know ****...
The caprice and lumina have been sold earlier, quicker and cheaper than holdens... M.E Police use it, street racers use it and normal people use it...

lol...no bud, chevrolet sells 2 cars on similar platforms in saudi...
Chevrolet Lumina:
Lumina LS (used to be 3.6l they changed it in recent models)
Lumina S (used to be like 3.8l or something with stiffer suspension)
Lumina SS (5.7l V8, sports susp....ls series engine, option of manual trans)
and the 2008+ lumina SS come with the 6.1l engine... both in auto and manual...

Chevrloet Caprice:
Caprice base (used to have the 5.7 V8 ~310hp before around 2005..but then they cut down to v6 to make the new ones cheaper...)
Caprice S (V6 and optional 5.7 LS V8)
Caprice SS (5.7lV8, only in automatic, 330hp in 2003, 340hp in 2006)

The Caprise SS does not use the same chassis as what you are saying...but one based on that. It is quite a bit longer and more like a limo...

The Chevrolet Lumina SS does use the same chassis as the holden...

and guys... feel bad about being in this economy... no lies, when I was in Saudi, in 2008...the Lumina SS with leather and a bunch of options and the 6.1l engine was 99,000SR total cost on road...which is $26400...

In other countries, the resources of all the parts made was taxed, once the subcomponents were made, it was taxed again, the land it was made on was taxed, the labour was taxed, the sub assemblies were taxed, the whole sale was taxed and so on... by the time it comes to you as a holden or a pontiac G8...it costs a lot more...

but yea, back to the response...bud, id rather not pick on you but you just dont stop...

you could have spent 5 minutes looking up it on this thing that may not be familiar to... it might be too complex for you but I think you have the ability to eventually learn to use it... its called google.... ask your friends, they'll teach you...

you got beeeeccccH
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 AM
ManDogFish

this is the older lumina SS:
you can probably find the caprice doing that online aswell...btw people in M.E like calling their lumina SS a holden monaro...cuz the monaro costs more and comes with better audio/NAV and it has a better name...maybe cuz of people like you...

The reason it takes me this long to reply, is cuz I come here when Im dead bored...say when Im stuck at work and have to stay here till 4:45pm...and when I get bored of doing everything else I could do...

you really are a. dum.bPhak, arent ya??

if a person is an arguement being in a superior position helps you believe he/she is right..

I got offered from GM in St. Catharines... I turned it down... I currently work at the 2nd largest automotive parts producer...not that it has much to do with any of this... but yo

you

are

an

ignorant

dumb

ayss

Those were different incomplete sentences...so I technically said nothing
Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 AM
ManDogFish

my bad yo... it is always possible that I could be wrong...

I think that guy in that video and all other videos slaved little green gremlins to go behind the wheels and make them spin to make it look like a RWD burnout...

damn gremlins...cause so many issues in our forum communities these days
I will be back...when Im dead bored...again
Old 09-13-2012, 07:50 AM
ManDogFish

m bored... talk to me
Old 09-13-2012, 08:17 AM
dj lizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F*** that.... a fellow from saudi arabia try to f***ing act tuff guy and wanna lie about his **** to prove he is someone... I'm an arab my self so it's not racist hahahaha... those stupid kids just keep bringing shame with every stupid a$$ thing they do... plus most of those so called "DRIFTERS" lmao are under drugs of some kind... uh one more thing.... look how he starts lying about his **** just to prove he is right some how hahahaha.. guys close this thread already....
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 PM
StAtiXz6

ladies calm down. Why is everyone's panties in a bunch? If this is a dead thread and no one liked his comment what does it do for anyone around to have a flame war? Women have arguments like that..I wish I knew that there were that many Women 350z drivers. I need to meet some more.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:41 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 AM
C5_vette

Quick Reply: VQ35 Or RB26 DTT