Old 01-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ I agree
Old 01-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Havok_RLS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quamen
I would definetly check the LS1Tech.com boards. Tons of information over there and the forums are extremely active unlike this forum. Don't just go with a shop that says they can do the swap. You can butcher your car yourself ...no need to pay someone else to do it. With that in mind definetly go with a shop that is clearly competent enough to do such a swap, as it already seems you are trying.
100% agree.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you considered shipping your car. I know JE ships cars in from all over the US. Very simple process and not as expensive as you might think. Could be worth the peace of mind.

Last edited by SikkyMFG; 01-12-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 AM
ColecatZ

I have a request in for a shipping quote, we'll see what I get back. You have a PM, SikkyMFG. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ColecatZ
I have a request in for a shipping quote, we'll see what I get back. You have a PM, SikkyMFG. Thanks in advance.
No Problem, anytime!, I would recomend checking directly with JE on the shipping. They use a fully bonded/insured carrier that does enclosed shipping and have better rates than anyone since they do this on a regular basis. They helped us with shipping the Pro drift 350z we sponsor back from the final round of the XDC drift circuit in Arizona to Baltimore. One day notice and they were there loading it up in a massive enclosed rig, talk about white glove service! Car rode back with a couple Ferrari's, Maserati's and a hummer for some NBA guy. Car arrived back in B-more three days later!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 AM
ColecatZ

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
No Problem, anytime!, I would recomend checking directly with JE on the shipping. They use a fully bonded/insured carrier that does enclosed shipping and have better rates than anyone since they do this on a regular basis. They helped us with shipping the Pro drift 350z we sponsor back from the final round of the XDC drift circuit in Arizona to Baltimore. One day notice and they were there loading it up in a massive enclosed rig, talk about white glove service! Car rode back with a couple Ferrari's, Maserati's and a hummer for some NBA guy. Car arrived back in B-more three days later!
LOL, I never saw mention in the thread of a shop named JE and just assumed by your post it was service. I googled "JE Auto Transport" and the first link was http://www.jecarriers.com/ so I sent them a request for a quote.

I see now there is a shop in your area...Baltimore... I'll check it out. From my research thus far I was leaning towards a LS3.... what obstacles are still in the way for that platform?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:26 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Let us know what you find out ColeCatz..
Old 01-13-2011, 10:41 AM
ColecatZ

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
Let us know what you find out ColeCatz..
Oh, I will, my plan is to convert all of DFW to 570 and 600z's.... and then caravan to Cars & Coffee for a huge WTF FEST.

we could crash the http://www.ntcorvetteclub.com/
Old 01-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Royal_T

^^ lol... But you guys should just do it yourself. really not that hard.. especially with the Sikky kit.. And you will save a ton
Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^^I plan to Royal_T...I may just take it to kustoms unlimited to do the wiring. Thats the only part I think I may have an issue with..
Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 PM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sikky's kit is alot better than what i have seen from hinson, and their customer service is much much better than i've seen from alot of shops. i say get the sikky kit and diy it. the ls motor has more room than i initially thought a v8 would have. i even fit an ls1 block in the trunk of my m35x lol
Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

I am planning on doing this in the near future. A DIY. Been lurking on ls1tech and a TON of good reads. Also just waiting on a wiring setup. Car is a semi DD, prob will become full time with this swap .

Any further info on the wiring Sikky?

Chris

I think we need to get a swap section going. This swap is becoming very popular among others.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:14 AM
jksstar

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

With the wiring you can just do a stand alone harness to run the ls1. Then it depends on what stock items you want to use in the z. My z harness and ecu are sitting somewhere in a box and evereything you need in the car still works, all lights, heat and air (I'm sure you could wire the ac up to work with the ls ecu) and even some of the guages.

Imo wiring is going to be the easy part of the swap and with the sikky kit I don't see why you could not do this swap in afew weekends.

Last edited by jksstar; 01-14-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:00 AM
NA&CH
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by jksstar
With the wiring you can just do a stand alone harness to run the ls1. Then it depends on what stock items you want to use in the z. My z harness and ecu are sitting somewhere in a box and evereything you need in the car still works, all lights, heat and air (I'm sure you could wire the ac up to work with the ls ecu) and even some of the guages.

Imo wiring is going to be the easy part of the swap and with the sikky kit I don't see why you could not do this swap in afew weekends.
I HATE wires with a passion. I had problems in my old car with a stupid indash navi and never touched a wire since.

I would like to retain as much OEM electronics as possible. I have read the tach is giving some problems and the alternative seams to be working fine and looks OEM. I was also reading about the Throttle etc. Just wanted to see if there was going to be a plug and play option?(if possible).

Unless your offering to head on down to Naples and wire this bish up

Chris
Old 01-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NA&CH
I HATE wires with a passion. I had problems in my old car with a stupid indash navi and never touched a wire since.

I would like to retain as much OEM electronics as possible. I have read the tach is giving some problems and the alternative seams to be working fine and looks OEM. I was also reading about the Throttle etc. Just wanted to see if there was going to be a plug and play option?(if possible).

Unless your offering to head on down to Naples and wire this bish up

Chris
Everyone makes the wiring out to be such a big issue and it is not. The only reason it has ever been portrayed as difficult is because Hinson originally tried to integrate both the Nissan and GM ECU's together to make the stock gauges work.

All you have to do is retro fit the stock Z oil pressure sensor and coolant sensor to the LS motor and install an aftermarket tachometer such as the Speedhut gauge and you are good to go. Wire the LS motor up with the stock GM harness and ECU and call it done. If you use an aftermarket tachometer, there is nothing about an LS swap that requires the Nissan and GM electronics to communicate.

As for the throttle, just adapt a GTO pedal assembly to the Z if you want to use an electronic throttle. Otherwise go cable and call it a day.

Here is my tach:

Old 01-14-2011, 11:14 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^Baller! Thanks for the info Quamen!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:38 PM
NA&CH
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Quamen
Everyone makes the wiring out to be such a big issue and it is not. The only reason it has ever been portrayed as difficult is because Hinson originally tried to integrate both the Nissan and GM ECU's together to make the stock gauges work.

All you have to do is retro fit the stock Z oil pressure sensor and coolant sensor to the LS motor and install an aftermarket tachometer such as the Speedhut gauge and you are good to go. Wire the LS motor up with the stock GM harness and ECU and call it done. If you use an aftermarket tachometer, there is nothing about an LS swap that requires the Nissan and GM electronics to communicate.

As for the throttle, just adapt a GTO pedal assembly to the Z if you want to use an electronic throttle. Otherwise go cable and call it a day.

Here is my tach:

Sounds like installing headers is harder I kid. Thank you for that. That's the tach setup in was referring to. Looks oem and awesome.

Are you running ac? What would that include. Could you fab a bracket to use the stock z ac system or use the oem ls?

Thanks for the above info. I see your using the cable system. Is there anywhere the gto pedal assembly was used?(I search )

Chris
Old 01-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Royal_T

Quamen, Is so right, nothing to hard about the wiring. I just think people get scared when talking about wiring.. Good info Quamen

Acid, Can't wait bro,, I should have my build thread up in a couple of months,, Just don't want to start it now and have people wait for updates.. Have other things I am doing so its taking longer..
Old 01-14-2011, 01:16 PM
ColecatZ

I keep seeing posts about losing the AC in various builds, that is not an option in Texas. What are the people with a knack for conditioned air doing?

I'm a fan of how my Z's AC is fuhreezing cold.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:17 PM
ColecatZ

Thanks for the info, Quamen. That helps alot.

Quick Reply: Sikky 350z/G35 LSX swap