Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Sikky 350z/G35 LSX swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
Im excited, hopefully I can start ordering some sikky parts in the next week or so.. I got a very good deal from them on the whole set... the swap kit, ecu wiring,power steering, master cylinder, and the 1 7/8 headers. so it should be good to drop in.

Ive been eying this 06 Ls2 GTO motor with 25K miles so we'll see..

I will definitely PM you with some questions!
You won't regret the swap at all! My LS1 is ten times more fun to drive than my SC VQ35 was even though it is 90whp less and goes through a three speed auto. Not to mention I can stick $1k in it and be well into the 400's with ease and reliability.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Quamen
You won't regret the swap at all! My LS1 is ten times more fun to drive than my SC VQ35 was even though it is 90whp less and goes through a three speed auto. Not to mention I can stick $1k in it and be well into the 400's with ease and reliability.
its amazing at the way bolt ons react in the LS motors compared to the Z.. there bolt ons gain as much as hp as you would be by FIing a Z.. its nuts. Even more actually and doing it reliably
Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 PM
JBF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ +1

My buddy installed a cam (not sure what type) and had the car tuned and gained like 60+ whp.

He could have been lying but I noticed a HUGE difference when I drove the car between the mods
Old 02-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
^ +1

My buddy installed a cam (not sure what type) and had the car tuned and gained like 60+ whp.

He could have been lying but I noticed a HUGE difference when I drove the car between the mods
It's completely possible depending on the supporting mods. The one thing about the LS motor is that it seems to have not only better gains from individual mods, but the compound gains seem to also be much better from combined mods.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Rookie84

I used to own LS6 RX-7, so I know a bit about these swaps and the power these motors can get with simple cam/headers/exhaust. Yes, it was hard to believe first as I'm used to modding imports. LS1 can put down over 400rwhp easily just with bolt-ons and cams... ridiculous. However, with cams, you sacrifice some drivability at low-rpms. But you can still achieve over 400rwhp easily with just a mild, street friendly cam and bolt-ons...
Old 02-10-2011, 08:34 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie84
I used to own LS6 RX-7, so I know a bit about these swaps and the power these motors can get with simple cam/headers/exhaust. Yes, it was hard to believe first as I'm used to modding imports. LS1 can put down over 400rwhp easily just with bolt-ons and cams... ridiculous. However, with cams, you sacrifice some drivability at low-rpms. But you can still achieve over 400rwhp easily with just a mild, street friendly cam and bolt-ons...
very true, then throw in the high reliability of this setup and it looks even better than a high strung VQ turbo setup. You can literally daily drive this setup and it feels almost OEM.....other than different rumble from the exhaust and neck snapping torque!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

I've probably missed but but has sikky finished up the wiring harness?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
very true, then throw in the high reliability of this setup and it looks even better than a high strung VQ turbo setup. You can literally daily drive this setup and it feels almost OEM.....other than different rumble from the exhaust and neck snapping torque!
I've daily driven this setup for over a year with zero issues.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:11 AM
QTB

Woot! My LS2 and T56 (2.66) Magnum has just arrived and the clutch is on order. I can't wait to get this beast on the road this April. I still need to order my conversion kit and couple small things but I will here in about a month. Hopefully the Sikky kit will be a little further along.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by QTB
Woot! My LS2 and T56 (2.66) Magnum has just arrived and the clutch is on order. I can't wait to get this beast on the road this April. I still need to order my conversion kit and couple small things but I will here in about a month. Hopefully the Sikky kit will be a little further along.
We are fully stocked on everything we offer for this swap. Mount kits are on the shelf as well as headers, master cylinder kits, and power steering line kits. We are typically shipping same day on this stuff now. We were backordered on the shifters for a while but we are finally finished the production run on these as well.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 AM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QTB
i got a t56 monsterclutch i can give you for cheap!!! holds 700 ft lbs, came with my built t56 and i already have another setup for my power goals.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:18 AM
QTB

Originally Posted by bbs350z
i got a t56 monsterclutch i can give you for cheap!!! holds 700 ft lbs, came with my built t56 and i already have another setup for my power goals.
I'd take you up but I've already paid for my twin disc.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:16 PM
bbs350z

Originally Posted by QTB
I'd take you up but I've already paid for my twin disc.
Name:  Okay.png
Views: 400
Size:  17.8 KB
sikky, what type of clutch slave cylinder do you guys use? i see you have a kit, but just curious
Old 02-12-2011, 03:30 PM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

sikky, what type of clutch slave cylinder do you guys use? i see you have a kit, but just curious
New oem seems to hold up good. We have some issues with the higher mileage ones so recommend replacing the slave if unsure of it's condition.

Our kit comes with the master cylinder and all lines, fittings and needed brackets/hardware. As well as a nice bleeder setup that allows bleeding the slave outside the bell housing, unlike the poorly designed Oem configuration.

Last edited by SikkyMFG; 02-12-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:33 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

We are building a g35/ls1 right now with your full kit. Will be interesting since a GT4294r is going in along with it
Old 02-12-2011, 06:48 PM
UCIgrad

For those of us in California, has anyone looked at the EROD option from GM? Complete LS3 that is CARB compliant for OBD-I vehicles and includes all the emission stuff. My question is what is needed to make the LS3 EROD OBD-II compliant. Seems like all the emission and harness parts are OBD-II.

Also, will the headers/cats from 2010 Camaro fit in the 350z? I think the headers are the major limitation to making this legal in California.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:41 PM
bbs350z

Originally Posted by meatbag
We are building a g35/ls1 right now with your full kit. Will be interesting since a GT4294r is going in along with it
where are you mounting the turbo? whats your power goal? details on the build please!

Originally Posted by UCIgrad
For those of us in California, has anyone looked at the EROD option from GM? Complete LS3 that is CARB compliant for OBD-I vehicles and includes all the emission stuff. My question is what is needed to make the LS3 EROD OBD-II compliant. Seems like all the emission and harness parts are OBD-II.

Also, will the headers/cats from 2010 Camaro fit in the 350z? I think the headers are the major limitation to making this legal in California.
i thought swaps were only legal as long as its from the same manufacturer??
Old 02-12-2011, 11:21 PM
UCIgrad

I used to think so but a member on here corrected me. I also found nothing in any of the CARB executive orders or engine swap/change laws that restrict the swaps to the same manufacturer. Just have to be newer, accompanied by the oem mated transmission, and installed with all emission components from donor vehicle. The EROD package has all of this, minus the tranny, but a T56 can be easily acquired.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:30 PM
bbs350z

Originally Posted by UCIgrad
I used to think so but a member on here corrected me. I also found nothing in any of the CARB executive orders or engine swap/change laws that restrict the swaps to the same manufacturer. Just have to be newer, accompanied by the oem mated transmission, and installed with all emission components from donor vehicle. The EROD package has all of this, minus the tranny, but a T56 can be easily acquired.
wow didnt know this! good to know these sorts of things, thanks!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:17 AM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

where are you mounting the turbo? whats your power goal? details on the build please!

Its for a customer car. Not sure where the turbo is going yet till the motor is in the car. We have to keep AC and everything in this car so it could get tricky.

Quick Reply: Sikky 350z/G35 LSX swap