Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Catch can setsup - which one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:03 AM
msommers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catch can setsup - which one?

I posted this on g35driver but didn't get any responses. Thought I'd try my luck here...Mine is an 06 6MT (so revup)

------------------

I've been looking around here on the forums for catch can ideas and I'm finding that everyone's setup is a little bit different.

Here there are only two hoses, driver and passenger, and two breather filters on it.

Here there are two hoses but no breather filters. Also both hoses are going to the passenger side. Is it possible to do 'T' one of the hoses to get the driver's side inlet?

Here there are 3 hoses, and no breather filters. Two to the passenger and one to the driver. The one to the driver's side, is this going to the inlet on the intake tube?
http://www.z1auto.com/images/ARCoilcatcan2Z.jpg

*couldn't use tags for this one for some reason*

Here this guy has a pretty slick looking setup. 4 hoses, 2 to passenger, 1 to driver and another to a single breather filter.

Needless to say I'm kind of confused of why setups vary with additional hoses and breather filters. I even heard mention of some guys using a one-way valve. My guess these setups variability is based on a FI vs N/A application. Mine is N/A. I'd like to have a two can setup if possible. I just want to understand and do it properly the first time.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Last edited by msommers; 10-19-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 AM
BrazenZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a good place to start reading even though is mostly for F/I cars https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...od-w-pics.html
Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can put 4 cans on it if you want. it doesnt matter as you dont have any boost pressure. you just cannot use breathers plumbed to any source behind the MAF sensor (plenum, etc)

Last edited by str8dum1; 10-19-2010 at 09:41 AM.