Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Fuel Injector Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 PM
winrylused

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Help

I've read the info thread about Injectors under FI threads but im not quite understanding the difference with high and low impedence. my main goal in whp is 450-500 with GTM stage 1 TT. So far i got my block and crank just ordered the bearings but im reading on ahead so im prepared but im still not understanding if i should go high or low impedence. To my understanding the CC you want is around the range in whp you want to go to correct? Any advice or help is much appreciated.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Nealoc187

low impedance injectors are generally very large - the type used in 700 or 800whp+ type builds generally. they require low impedance injector drivers, etc.

stock injectors and direct replacement injectors like deatschwerks are high impedence injectors.

for the power level you are looking for you are looking for you could get away with 450cc injectors if you really went wild with the fuel pressure and IDC, but a better idea would be to run something like a 550 or 600cc injector to keep IDCs and and FPs lower. You'll also need a fuel pump. deatschwerks.com can provide you with both the injectors and a fuel pump if you want to get some good parts from a good company.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:33 PM
winrylused

Default Reply

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
low impedance injectors are generally very large - the type used in 700 or 800whp+ type builds generally. they require low impedance injector drivers, etc.

stock injectors and direct replacement injectors like deatschwerks are high impedence injectors.

for the power level you are looking for you are looking for you could get away with 450cc injectors if you really went wild with the fuel pressure and IDC, but a better idea would be to run something like a 550 or 600cc injector to keep IDCs and and FPs lower. You'll also need a fuel pump. deatschwerks.com can provide you with both the injectors and a fuel pump if you want to get some good parts from a good company.
Thanks for the tip but to verify i should be getting 550-600cc High Impedence for the range Im going?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:59 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are high and low Z injectors of all sizes.

You need to get the type of injector that your EMS will drive. Thats your only concern. FCON,Cipher,UTEC, SS box,stock EMS needs high Z. Haltech, Proefi can use either.

I'd get the DW800cc injectors with a 340LPH DW pump for headroom for your setup.