Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Where is all the ECU's???

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 09:11 PM
daking350
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is all the ECU's???

How come no one but technosquare has a functional and marketed ECU out??Where is every one else??WTF?
I need info on how the engineers out there feel about the Motec 800 and the XEDE coming out?? I need to find a perfect form of engine management to compliment my newly boosted status!!
I want timing contro
A/F control
and a MAP sensor!!!
Is the friggin 350Z a ferrari or a Nissan..I mean c'mon already lets see some real products come out this year(as far as ECU's go)
Old 12-16-2003, 09:28 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JWT is supposed to have something soon.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:31 PM
daking350
Banned

Yeah I know...this is the problem...Everyone is supposed to have something soon...Then we wait....and nothing....WTF??
What happened to perfect power ecu???
Old 12-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Jim Jones
Banned

Default TechnoSquare Custom ECU is Great

Keep your shorts on. If you live in SoCal (or are willing to Fed Ex your ECU here), just tell Tadashi what mods you have, sit back for an hour, and watch your car come together perfectly. I doubt that any of these promised, not on the market yet (if ever) ECUs will beat TS. It has made a huge difference in my car.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:44 PM
daking350
Banned

thats the problem..I live on the East Coast and dont feel like shipping my ECU out every time I put something else in my car.
I am seeking a user programable reliable form of engine management to compliment my Supercharger...
Old 12-17-2003, 04:55 AM
12SecZ

Are you going banana's?

Anything JWT will be solid.

It's winter just stay under boost, Someone said the FCON is a go now?

I would be concerned about a lack of wiring harness on that kit but hey if you have 1300.00 that may be a good one and available now.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:59 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by daking350
Yeah I know...this is the problem...Everyone is supposed to have something soon...Then we wait....and nothing....WTF??
What happened to perfect power ecu???
Well, JWT has always stated a January release.

and the Perfect Power was postponed a long time ago if you read the thread.

Vishnu is still in the R&D stage.

If you want something user-programmable go with a full stand alone.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:31 AM
FLY BY Z

Wouldn't it be feasible to have TS mod your ECU except for timing and then use something user programmable to alter AF ratio further (additional mods) and timing if needed? You could have them not alter AF as well but it seems like it would be a good idea to have them do it since most piggybacks only adjust it a certain amount. Whatever TS changes it to would be your new starting point, right?

What would be a good thing to use after the TS mod to adjust AF and timing both after the TS flash? I think this is the way I am going to go...
Old 12-17-2003, 05:37 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally I was going to have Technosquare tune the ECU to my mods, then use the Apex'i S AFC-II to fine tune the ECU.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:39 AM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
Originally I was going to have Technosquare tune the ECU to my mods, then use the Apex'i S AFC-II to fine tune the ECU.
Originally, but now....
Old 12-17-2003, 06:07 AM
MY350Z.COM

now everything is for sale.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:07 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are a whole host of reasons you will not see many ecu's for this car..the majority of which are the drive by wire and CAN technology behind the factory ecu.

As for the F Con, its a go where? I know of aboslutely zero shpops open to the public in this country that can tune one...and once its tuned, its the same as the TS - no user interface is possible or even offered by HKS (i.e the customer cannot get the software).

As for the other options you mentioned, you cannot get further apart in the scale than a Motec to a Xede...they are apples to oranges.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:11 AM
12SecZ

Thanks for clarifying that. I mentioned this in another thread but some guy says they have the FCON and it's going on their FI car right here in this section!

I was suprised to. So I guess now I was correct it is a no go?

Wheeee! hehe

Vic you got a Nismo Oil Cap?
Old 12-17-2003, 06:20 AM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
As for the F Con, its a go where? I know of aboslutely zero shpops open to the public in this country that can tune one...and once its tuned, its the same as the TS - no user interface is possible or even offered by HKS (i.e the customer cannot get the software).
Actually, there are about 7 or 8 shops in the US that can tune the F Con. One shop, I hate to even say their name, is Altered Atmosphere. Mike M can tune it (so he says), and we were going to attempt to put one on my car but........ Well you all know the story about that experience there...
Old 12-17-2003, 10:02 AM
daking350
Banned

Well I just found out from Motec that their system is only for a RACE TRIM 350z..Something to do with the CAN networking of the ECU to other vital functions of the car...I guess it looks like TS has the shiz as of right now...But what happens if they ever go out of business???Can the ECU be returned to stock settings??

As for the XEDE,Can someone give their opinions on this little number...JWT may be promising they said 1st quarter of this year (JAN-APR)when I spoke with them...The problem for me is getting my car done for what I want to put in it and being on the EAST coast where there are no good tuners...
Old 12-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Where is all the ECU's???

System architecture varies from car manufacturer to car manufacturer-

if you could see the maps for timing and fuel and TB control and the other stuff- you'd probably have a huge database nearing the integer limit of excel- and tuning it. you have to sorta leapfrog every other 4 or 8 number blocks and edit each value to what you want to change.

its a time consuming process... mighty map is a good program, but its aging.. and the other hex converter/code hacking programs/hardware out there takes a long learning curve- and they're very unstable-- read: if the computer crashes, it's game over for your ecu.

i spoke to a buddy of mine that works at hondata-- he says it will be a year at least before they can even come close to having something for the new s2ks--

I'm curious to what JWT will offer, and how the others will compare to Technos ECU... R&D is a long and tedious process...

Patience is key...

you all know where i stand in the ECU realm....

Originally posted by daking350
Is the friggin 350Z a ferrari or a Nissan..

Last edited by Chebosto; 12-17-2003 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:23 AM
12SecZ

I love my Technosquare flashed system. I wish I had the complete P.E. TT Kit because I am sorta buying bits and pices of it.

Glad to see you step up to the plate Chebosto about all of this misinformation that was being spread about my setup when now even ATI admits that setting a cars rev limiter to 7100 w/o timing retard is dangerous (which the Company installing more kits then anyone I know is doing.)

Raise the rev limiter and then retard the timing months later andf knock the guy whos kit runs perfect.

TS is the way to go with your ATI woes, my 2 cents and I am not the only one!

If the FCON doesn't make a wiring harness for your car good luck! And the Import Tuners in Nor Cal don't tune it, no way on anyday.

All verifiable. Thanks for the "fix" TS and Cheston and RB Motoring!
Old 12-17-2003, 11:48 AM
daking350
Banned

Hey chestbo..

How do you feel about the TS ECU running on the Stock MAF and having boost run through it?Is this safe?what are the limits of the Stock MAF???Can you really achieve BIG hp #'s with the TS ECU??And how reliable is their tune?Is it one time and never touch it again for the life of it?It wont crash or anything???So what if I wanted to do 400+ hp with 510cc injectors and a bigger fuel pump?Can this be done on Stock MAF sensorand TS ECU???Will it adjust for variables such as octain and Air temp??or is it set??Can you use an extra knock protection like J&S or is that not needed??Do they guarantee their reflash ?Like if I get it back and DYNO it and the A/F is not what they say it should be??
Old 12-17-2003, 01:34 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually, there are about 7 or 8 shops in the US that can tune the F Con. One shop, I hate to even say their name, is Altered Atmosphere. Mike M can tune it (so he says), and we were going to attempt to put one on my car but........ Well you all know the story about that experience there...
I don't know Altered at all actually..only have heard of them. I know of exactly 2 people in this country that can tune the F Con in its current form - one of them works for HKS, the other is a professional racer whose shop is not open to the public.

I do know about a pending offering, but its nowhere near confirmed at this point from what I understand - still undergoing testing.