Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Review of RJM adjustable clutch pedal bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 01:44 PM
chillah7889

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, as an update when I took my z into the dealership to get it checked out I was told my clutch is going bad, dirt n crap somehow got all up in there combined with probable abuse from the past owner. So that would be why my clutch has been stiff and weird even with the new clutch bracket. Won't be able to fully comment on how great the bracket is till I get my clutch and flywheel replaced sometime in the next month hopefully. Although I will say the bracket is helping in making the stiffness of my clutch manageable.

However, to comment on the bracket as a whole, the installation is very easy (even for a installation n00b like me). The instructions are very clear and descriptive. Ryan is also extremely helpful, by far best customer service I've ever gotten. If you have a problem understanding the instructions or are having trouble adjusting and tuning Ryan is very quick to respond to you and gives great advice. Great product, and I can't wait till I get my clutch issue resolved so I can fully enjoy this bracket.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got mine put in today. took longer than it should have. hate working upside down.

The bolt that goes in the top of the main bracket butts right up against the bracket so i couldnt use the socket to tighten. took forever with a stubby 12mm.

I also have the AFD too high as I have the clutch rod barely screwed into the fulcrum.

But, getting rid of that return spring really changes the pedal feel. It gets rid of the extra resistance around the engagement point. I only drove for 20 mins or so, but i was able to move from a standstill without touching the gas. couldnt do that before bc I could never modulate the clutch pedal smooth enough.

I'm going to just drop the pedal by removing the big bolt and adjusting the AFD. Lost motivation to do anymore today, but I can tell it made the clutch better feeling. Need more miles to fully evaluate.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1

But, getting rid of that return spring really changes the pedal feel. It gets rid of the extra resistance around the engagement point. I only drove for 20 mins or so, but i was able to move from a standstill without touching the gas. couldnt do that before bc I could never modulate the clutch pedal smooth enough.

I'm going to just drop the pedal by removing the big bolt and adjusting the AFD. Lost motivation to do anymore today, but I can tell it made the clutch better feeling. Need more miles to fully evaluate.
it's nice being able to roll out without reving the crap out of the engine isn't it?

and yes, i just removed the fulcrum bolt, unscrewed the clutch rod and dropped it right out. Took less than 10 minutes to take it out, adjust it, and replace it.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

fuuuuuuuuu you guys for helping me add another part to the build list.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:39 PM
binder

Originally Posted by Resmarted
fuuuuuuuuu you guys for helping me add another part to the build list.
it should be the first part on the list of any build now.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
NFSP 350

So Im looking to purchase this asap. My only thing is its offered Torque or hex screws. Which one should I order? Why?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:05 PM
binder

Originally Posted by NFSP 350
So Im looking to purchase this asap. My only thing is its offered Torque or hex screws. Which one should I order? Why?
well, depends on what tools you have. Allen sets (hex) are cheaper and most people already have them.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:20 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

all good things to hear..
its so cheap, an easy addition to any build.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I was just thinking about it, and wouldn't it be better if I broke in the clutch on the oem pedal setup? I mean spec says no slipping for first 500 miles or so.... The decision would have to be made install oem clutch pedal assembly then this thing later, or this thing then just leave it.
How's power shifting with this thing? I don't necessarily mean flatfoot all the way but quickshifts?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 AM
binder

Originally Posted by Resmarted
I was just thinking about it, and wouldn't it be better if I broke in the clutch on the oem pedal setup? I mean spec says no slipping for first 500 miles or so.... The decision would have to be made install oem clutch pedal assembly then this thing later, or this thing then just leave it.
How's power shifting with this thing? I don't necessarily mean flatfoot all the way but quickshifts?
It means not sitting at a christmas tree slipping it for 10 seconds waiting to launch. Starting off at a traffic light you have to slip it some. that's part of the normal break in.

With the stock clutch you have to give it more rpms to make a smooth take off which is harder on a clutch than just being able to slowly let it out and engage smoothly. I just broke my carbonetics triple disk in with this. It's not going to do any harm to the clutch and if anything it will actually be more gentle to the new clutch since taking off is so much easier.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 AM
AARONHL

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can some one post pictures of the two brackets together??
Old 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Aaron, incase you or others are still wanting to see the factory bracket side by side with the RJM AFP System brackets I'll snap some pics tomorrow night and post them for you.

To everyone else I'm back with a shiny new vendor status and username here on My350Z. Ryan of RJM Performance, formerly NorthernG

If anyone has any questions on the product, what it does or how it works please feel free to ask away

Last edited by RJM Performance; 01-12-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:40 PM
AARONHL

PUMPED to get this
Old 01-15-2012, 03:24 PM
NFSP 350

I recived mine yesterday. I put it in this morning. Havent really driven the car yet. Just tuned it, made a few runs around the block and put it back in the garage. I love this thing though. Heres a couple of pics I snapped.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:47 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

NFSP 350 I'm very pleased to hear your enjoying the kit. I see on G35Driver your headed down to Zdayz, I'll be attending this year as well so hope to see you and the NFSP crew down there.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:59 PM
juicinjake

I also put mine on this week. I love it. It should have been that way from the factory. Smoother shifts, clutch slipping ability, easier very low speed maneuvering... and its all very simple. As a fellow engineer, i can really appreciate what you've done here Ryan!
Old 01-15-2012, 04:29 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Jake, Thanks for the compliments and I'm very happy to hear you're enjoying the new cluch feel
Old 01-15-2012, 05:45 PM
NFSP 350

Originally Posted by RJM Performance
NFSP 350 I'm very pleased to hear your enjoying the kit. I see on G35Driver your headed down to Zdayz, I'll be attending this year as well so hope to see you and the NFSP crew down there.
Yep, I'll be there. We already got our cabin and everything. You need to get some logos cut to stick on my Z. That or I can get my sign guy to cut me some if your cool with that.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:26 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

For sure! My graphics guy was already asking me about getting some RJM decals going. I acutally just received my new company logo over the weekend which I'll be updating everywhere in the next few days as time permits. The one I'm currently using was an early version we came up with and have been using until a more perminant one was created.

If you have a sign guy who does decals already then by all means lets do it up PM me with the details and I can send him the logo files and would probably order a batch if he can do higher qty's.
Attached Thumbnails Review of RJM adjustable clutch pedal bracket-rjm-log2-copy.jpg  
Old 01-17-2012, 06:06 PM
AARONHL

Just finished installing this clutch pedal. Didn't want to go home after the test drive! Clutch movement is consistent EVERY TIME, I can already tell my 1 gear is smooth and my 2nd gear comes QUICKKKKK No more clutch pedal creaking...I don't drive a hooptie anymore THANKS RYAN

Quick Reply: Review of RJM adjustable clutch pedal bracket