Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Review of RJM adjustable clutch pedal bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 05:17 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I, uh, still haven't installed mine Very embarrassing and much needed, let's see, i've had it about 18 months now.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:27 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by F2CMaDMaXX
I, uh, still haven't installed mine Very embarrassing and much needed, let's see, i've had it about 18 months now.
I bought revision 3.1 when it was first released, still in box. lol
Old 12-28-2014, 05:33 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Yeah, yeah, that's the one...

Old 06-09-2015, 12:16 PM
frivoloushobby

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dang, how late am I to the party? Had my car over two years and just now ordered this. I'm excited to throw it on once Ryan has them back in stock. There were numerous growing pains with the stock set up but I have managed to become adequate enough with it during complete concentration. I literally haven't read a bad thing about this piece so I decided I'd try it.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:29 PM
OldManZ350

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

It's a First Class Assembly and well worth the money!
Old 06-09-2015, 01:46 PM
frivoloushobby

Good to hear. I'll be sure to give my review once it's installed. I probably won't receive the assembly until late June or early July due to back order.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:04 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Ugh, it's been 18 months since i received mine (still in the box )
Old 06-10-2015, 06:56 AM
frivoloushobby

Well get out there and throw that puppy on! Said the man with a grand worth of wheels in his dining room.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:05 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Yeah, i hate time, the older you get, the faster it goes, and i have too many hobbies and they all require more free time than i have
Old 06-11-2015, 06:53 AM
jdm-v35

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

This is literally the best mod I have done so far. With my exedy triple carbon it was impossible to daily. With the rjm 3.1 at 90% and now that the clutch is broken in I can daily it easily.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:36 AM
frivoloushobby

Great, sounds like this baby should be well worth it's money since I like to upgrade parts as I replace the stock components. So do most of you guys set it and forget it or alternate settings between what you like for daily driving, track or a mountain blast?
Old 06-11-2015, 05:49 PM
clubhopper

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Set and forget.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:54 PM
frivoloushobby

I finally got around to installing the clutch assembly. The install wasn't complicated but the close quarters made it a pain. The assembly (3.3) is a quality build and seems very well thought out. The install took me 3-4 hours total, including adjustments and several test trips. So far I'm liking it. It's nice to smoothly roll off from a stand still without any accelerator. I'm sure it will only grow on me the more I drive it. Now, onto the blown rear differential bushing.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:44 PM
aznattic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had this on my car for almost 2 years now (rev 3 RJM). First time installing it i didn't have it set up properly (clutch engagement was at the bottom) and i fixed it and have been doing okay with the the system (still 1000x easier to shift then stock clutch).

My problem is, i cant really feel the engagement still. Engagement is about 75% of the release way of the pedal because i'm used to driving it, but i still can't feel it. It's not me either, no one can feel the engagement of the clutch on the pedal for my car, they just tell me they just drive it carefully, guess, and do it. Drove my buddies m3 and another's mustang, and i could literally feel the feedback to tell me hey im engaged. Thoughts for this?

Also feels like the clutch pedal is too short. Maybe i'm nuts here, its probably sticking out 1/2 an inch more than the brake pedal but it still feels too short.

If anyone has the RJM setup in their 350z or G35 in houston and doesn't mind me testing it i'd greatly appreciate it (will buy booze for time). Love it compared to stock, but I just get this feeling that i never installed it correctly or that something is off.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:31 AM
jdm-v35

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It's probably because the adjustable fulcrum takes less pedal pressure when you adjust it to higher%. Especially if you have a soft stock clutch. you can readjust it to a lower% to get it feeling harder.

For example I have an exedy triple carbon clutch, and with the oem pedal it was about 5x harder to press than an oem clutch. with the RJM pedal at 85% it feels like driving with an OEM clutch with OEM pedal. adjusting the fulcrum reduces the amount of torque needed to press the master cylinder in past the engagement point. Also, if your clutch is worn it will feel softer too.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:05 PM
HiHoSilva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the Rev.4 now for 2 months. I haven't any experience with previous versions, but I love it! It's an easy set-up, and the adjustable pedal height doesn't make me 'stretch' to completely push down all the way. The illustrated instructions with photos really help with the install. Took me and hour and a half, but if I were to do another one, 30 minutes easy. I recommend this modification before any other. It really makes the care more fun and easier to shift, especially in 1st, 2nd, and reverse.....no more jerking. Shipping was really quick. This has been the best 'bang for the buck' for me hands down. Played around with the adjustments quite a bit, but ended up with just turning the clutch rod in 2 1/2 turns, raising the pedal height to the max, and taking up any slop. You da man, Ryan!
Old 07-23-2016, 10:02 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

For anyone interested I'm opening up a final group buy to get in on the last of the RJM clutch pedals for 350Z/G35.
Due to declining sales over the past 6 months I've decided to stop production and stocking of these units indefinitely as I shift my focus to other vehicles. That said I'm holding a final group buy for anyone who still wants to purchase a new unit before they stop production.
If I can get a minimum of 20 customers in for a Group Buy of these I'll produce One Final Batch of them for anyone who was still planning to purchase one in the future.

If you are interested in getting in on this final purchase opportunity kindly PM or email Ryan@RJMPerformance.com by July 30th at the LATEST to get in on this.

Group Buy Special offer is $249.99 USD Shipped to anywhere in the US or Canada. These units will also come with a Free Upgrade to the HD Clevis Fork of your choice (OEM thread or Wilwood/Tilton Threaded HD Clevis)

Latest Rev 4.0 AFP Clutch Pedal System for 350Z/G35 is easier to install and better then ever before!

Benefits of the RJM AFP Pedal System

- Smoother Launches with more Control, Lower Friction Point and Predictable Engagement!
- Much Smoother 1-2 & 2-3 Upshifts Shifts
- Smoother and easier 4-3 & 3-2 Downshifts!
- Improvement in Pedal Feel & Clutch Control for all clutches OEM to Extreme Multi-plate and Heavy Puck clutches.
- Adjustable for Stroke Length, Pedal Angle/Height, Friction Point & Pedal Pressure!
- Features a Single Acting Torsion Return Spring & Eliminates the Factory "Assist Spring Mechanism".
- New Rev 4 Features increased adjustment capabilities over older versions for more setup flexibility.
- ZERO Pedal sticking to the floor after Hard Driving, Track Days or Events
- Reduces or Eliminates chance of CSC failures on 07-08 HR 350Z.

The Rev 4.0 Assemblies Have Been Redesigned as Full Replacement Pedal Assemblies with Several New Features Allowing:
- Faster & Easier to Install than all previous versions.
- Simpler Tuning Process than all previous versions.
- Reduced Number of Install Steps than all previous versions.
- A Simpler AFP Adjustment Mechanism featuring a built in scale to see exact AFP Setup Percentage.
- Comes as a Complete Pre-Assembled Replacement Assembly.
- AFP now comes Pre-Adjusted to the recommended starting position to reduce setup time or possible miss-adjustment.

The following users liked this post:
F2CMaDMaXX (07-24-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 06:32 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

I hope everyone jumps in on this last group buy. Great product. Very glad I bought mine this year now that i see you are stopping production. Good luck on your future endevours.
The following users liked this post:
RJM Performance (07-24-2016)