Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Review of RJM adjustable clutch pedal bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 01:49 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will Do I'll be spending a good portion of my weekend pushing forward on the new designs in Solidworks. Hopefully if all goes well I should be ready to start laser cutting parts for the new prototypes within the next 2 weeks.

I can't wait for this new design to start product testing
Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 PM
AngelsVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i just got off work... got home and my package was home. so i imidietly slaped it on

i just finished my test drive. WOW
i have a competition stage 4 with their light flywheel.
keep in mind that this was my 1st setting and im sure il dial it in this weekend.
i could not slip that clutch at all before. now its easy. the car drives very diffrently now. so easy. my rev matches where flawlwess. (unlike before) even getting back in the drive way and into the garage was a joy. i didnt notice how much effort i was putting into the tiny movements in the garage to park it just right until just now.
great product my favorite since my lsd. instalation was a breeze and the dollar to satisfaction is high

thanks RJM

(since i came inside i have been drinking, i will look over and proofread tomorow lol)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:34 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RJM Performance
Since the AFP slider can't be disassembled easily I'll just send you another complete AFP Slider assembly with a longer fork. Will 3/16" Longer give you enough to work with?

I can probably get a longer fork laser cut on Mon/Tues for you and have the new assembly shipped out on Weds.
3/16" should be just fine. That will give me a couple more threads to work with.

Its been raining here since the weekend, so will take pics when I can get the car out of the garage
Old 01-24-2012, 06:57 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by str8dum1
3/16" should be just fine. That will give me a couple more threads to work with.

Its been raining here since the weekend, so will take pics when I can get the car out of the garage
While your taking that pic can you quickly measure the length of the fork installed now. I just want to confirm there wasn't a forming issue with the one you received. I wouldn't want to make a special one only to find out original wasn't formed to the correct length by the press forming company I deal with.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:54 AM
str8dum1

sure. gotta move the car outta the garage tonight
Old 01-25-2012, 08:21 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AngelsVQ
so i just got off work... got home and my package was home. so i imidietly slaped it on

i just finished my test drive. WOW
i have a competition stage 4 with their light flywheel.
keep in mind that this was my 1st setting and im sure il dial it in this weekend.
i could not slip that clutch at all before. now its easy. the car drives very diffrently now. so easy. my rev matches where flawlwess. (unlike before) even getting back in the drive way and into the garage was a joy. i didnt notice how much effort i was putting into the tiny movements in the garage to park it just right until just now.
great product my favorite since my lsd. instalation was a breeze and the dollar to satisfaction is high

thanks RJM

(since i came inside i have been drinking, i will look over and proofread tomorow lol)
AngelsVQ, Your very welcome I'm happy to hear your enjoying the new clutch pedal assemly. You really don't notice just how hard you have to work and concentrate to drive these cars smoothly until you've driven one with this product. Also it's much easier on the clutch not having to rev it up to take off in first smoothly.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 AM
f150intally

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darn'it! You guys are killing me Come correct with HR Powa!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
str8dum1

I sent you a pm.

here's a pic of the fork though. hope thats how you wanted it measured.

str8dum1- Ok, shoot me a pic to my email so I can see where your having trouble. The next 25 units are going to be laser cut on Monday so I still have time to make changes and scallop out the area where its too tight on your car. I agree though something sounds off as the pics in the install guide are of my 06' and I can get a deep socket on that bolt no problem as seen in the pics. For the next batch I'll lengthen the AFP clutch fork by an 1/8th so everyone will have about 3 more threads in future.
Since the AFP slider can't be disassembled easily I'll just send you another complete AFP Slider assembly with a longer fork. Will 3/16" Longer give you enough to work with?

I can probably get a longer fork laser cut on Mon/Tues for you and have the new assembly shipped out on Weds.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Thanks that's just what I was looking for. That measurement is right on the money and within the forming tolerances. As discussed though I'll ship you a custom longer AFP slider on Monday that will measure 2.20" to give you the extra you need.

Also I've revised the current forks for all kits shipping after Jan 25th to be 0.100" longer so everyone will benefit from some extra thread depth from here on out.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

can i get that extra part sent out for mine by chance? Its part of a huge build.. i dont want any snags. I need this car back asap.

please let me know soon..
Old 01-26-2012, 02:30 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bmccann101
can i get that extra part sent out for mine by chance? Its part of a huge build.. i dont want any snags. I need this car back asap.

please let me know soon..
Are you actually having an issue with not enough threads left after setting the clutch rod like str8dum? So far I've only received 2 reports of this out of almost 70 kits sold to date so the chance that you'll have a problem is pretty remote. Also both cars reported are 03's but I can't say for sure where the true problem lies on these two vehicles as other 03's have installed no problems.

If I'm wrong and you do have a problem when you get your car back then I'll ship one out Express. Worst case senario is you drive it with the AFP setting below 50% for a few days but that won't stop you from driving the car at all. The part I'm sending str8dum is a full AFP Slider Assembly and it isn't a cheap part of the kit to produce due to a total of 7 laser cut components, bearings, hardened pins, clips,washers, welding, machining and press forming required. I'll have upwards of $70 in str8dum's replacement and that's before I even ship it!

Unfortunately I can't send just a replacement fork as the AFP slider assembly isn't easily taken apart to swap out the fork. Not impossible, but the fork starts out press formed much wider so the components can be inserted from the inside, the fork is then hydraulically closed around the assembly and the bearings are installed last followed by the clips. The only way to dissassemble would be to spread the bearing ends of the fork about a 1/2" to be able to dissassemble it.

Last edited by RJM Performance; 01-26-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

^^ no problemo, all valid points.. im sure you will take care of me if i face an issue.. sounded like it was a version 2.0 part or something.

Yes i am actually having a problem.. its called " my rjm bracket is sitting in a box on my floorboard becuase my engine build still isnt even done yet". haha..

if you can fix THAT for me, Ill certainly buy you a fancy chicken dinner.

btw, cant wait for someone with a unsprung hub clutch to post a review.. my JWT aint gonna hold full power from the setup im running.. but for the next 3-4 months, it will be my daily driver until i scrape more cheese for a dopwn payment on a new car.

Im REEALLY curious how this will help modulate or take "some" of the BS jerking and nastiness out of a 6 puck on off clutch.. anyone got thoughts on that yet?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Brian, AngelsVQ is running a 6 Puck with a light flywheel. His review is up a few posts on this page.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:54 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

NEWLY ADDED -> 07'-08' 350Z's 6MT are now supported.

UPDATED: We Currently Have A.F.P. Bracket System Kits to Fit:

03' - 07' Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT all Trims (LH Drive)
03' - 06' Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT all Trims (LH Drive)
03' - 08' Nissan 350Z 6MT Models* (LH Drive)
* Nismo Owners Please contact me before purchase
Old 02-05-2012, 08:38 AM
AngelsVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hr guys jump in!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:53 AM
f150intally

Order placed. There was no where to designate I have an HR so I put it in the notes. Is it the same product for 03-08? Thanks again! Also, are all orders the newly updated design? Thanks.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:02 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

F150intally, thank you for your order. As it turns out the existing Rev 2 design fits the 07-08 350z's afterall and was confirmed by multiple 07-08 owners yesterday. There was apparently some confusion and conflicting information I received during the inital design phase that lead me to beleive the 07' 350z's had received a different bracket set. The conclusions were drawn from pictures I got from a Nismo Edition owner that showed new style factory brackets and that the G35 sedan 100% did change in 07 as well were the coupe didn't. As it stands I need to confirm with Nismo owners exactly what they have but all of the non-nismo cars I've confirmed are good to install the formerly 03-06 kits. The website has been updated to reflect this new information as well.
So that leaves the new AFP System design to fit the 2nd Gen G35, G37 & 370z's. However as I've told several people now the new design is 'slicker' to adjust but doesn't offer any additional adjustment capability then the original design. It just takes a few additional mins to adjust during setup/tuning.
Also the new style design will be a significant increase in cost due to being a complete replacement pedal assembly rather then an upgrade kit requiring me to provide a whole new hardened steel pedal arm, cross shaft, cross shaft bearings and additional slider mechanism to adjust clutch rod alignment easier. The new assemblies are for the 2nd gen cars only. If all goes well after they are released in March I may set to work creating a Rev 3 version for the current kits and sell it alongside the current lower cost kits for those want the addition conveniance. If they do get produced it would be 6months+ before they come out though.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 AM
str8dum1

And I REALLY appreciate it!! I'm sure it will be here any day now. and i'll ship the original AFP right back

The part I'm sending str8dum is a full AFP Slider Assembly and it isn't a cheap part of the kit to produce due to a total of 7 laser cut components, bearings, hardened pins, clips,washers, welding, machining and press forming required. I'll have upwards of $70 in str8dum's replacement and that's before I even ship it!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 PM
resident25

Just caved and ordered this after reading everyone's reviews. Pretty excited to install it.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:00 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

resident25 Thank you for your order, it'll be shipping out in the morning I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Quick Reply: Review of RJM adjustable clutch pedal bracket