Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

New JWT Clutch Losing Pressure!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:30 AM
biancoZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JWT Clutch Losing Pressure!!

Hey guys, I had the infamous Z problem of my clutch going and the pivot rod snapping into the aluminum housing blah blah blah. Got everything replaced, they even fixed my synchros issues so no more grinding. Brand new JWT Stage 2 clutch and Lightweight flywheel, new master and slave cylinder. Right now (2 weeks later) I'm noticing its losing a little pressure, doesnt feel as stiff as it did before, and now, if i push it normally it is still light but not as bad, but if I push down slowly, it will kinda suck itself down about half way and not come back up till I push it to the floor.....WTF lol

Anybody know what this is??
Old 07-03-2012, 06:22 AM
cres007

I would have said it was either ur master or slave cylinder but yours are new what the heck! The OEM Nissan fluid eats at the rubber seals but again your are new!
I got an ACT Heavy duty and findanza fly. Its going on 5 years. Some days I clamp some days it week it sux .The clutch gets stuck to floor you know the rest. I got use to it
Old 07-03-2012, 07:13 AM
cres007

Man that sux! I would have said , our OEM nissan d.o.t. fluid loves to eat and or loosing the rubber seals of the crappy slave cylinder we have but all your parts are new. I have an ACT heavy duty with Fidanza fly. After five years of abuse and Florida heat. Clutch has done some weird stuff. From the week clamp force pressure u describe to occasionally clutch petal sticking to the floor. I got used to it over time, as it didn't do all the time but every one a while would do act up. I expect this shinanigans from my older clutch/ parts but man, urs are new! I need to change up my clutch fly combo cause I need new clutch and wanted to try another flywheel, I realize its not the clutches but the cylinders. Some dudes I know are running either an R32 or R33 slave cylinder courious what others may say.