Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Installed a Mishimoto fan shroud today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 07:24 AM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

YEAH.....I tried wiring my spals with relays instead of stock power supply. I blew at least one of those multi-fuse blocks. They were expensive as hell. I don't even rem what their proper name was much less which specific ones.

Keep looking/testing is all I can suggest. sorry
Old 04-24-2018, 10:43 AM
trapt350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought I would share my experience in all these aftermarket fan threads and Mishimoto shroud threads so that noone else goes through the headache that I did.

I bought one of those cheap ebay fan shrouds with 12" fans and wired them up accordingly....well it turns out that the fans (although advertised as pullers) were pushing the air back out towards the front of the car instead of pulling it through. This caused overheating issues and my A/C not to work at idle due to being heat soaked.

okay, no problem. simply reverse the positive and negative wires and the fans are now pullers....however

I still had over heating issues (i am fully built twin turbo) under normal driving conditions...the fans supplied simply don't pull enough air across the radiator.

Ordered a single 14" fan that was rated at 3000cfm....broke out my electric metal shears to modify the hole in the shroud and with the new fan installed, I havn't had a single over heating or a/c issue ever since.....that includes driving through death valley on the way to vegas in 130 degree heat.

hope this helps!!
Old 04-28-2018, 07:53 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Well I’ll pop in with my experience.

Roughly 1,500 - 2,000 miles on my mishi fans over about 2 years now I think and aside from being louder than horse ***** they seem to be doing the job and doing it well. I’ve been FI at 400whp for almost the entire time I’ve had these and my car has yet to go any where near the Hot temp since I installed this. Even with some spitied highway pulls and canyon runs.

I’m actually impressed because not only does it need to cool down my engine with the coolant. But my turbo is water cooler so I figured it would have issues with the heat soak coming from the turbo. But nope in every situation cruising, WOT, highway they have always kept it right on mark as far as temp. This being said I also have the mishimoto 35mm I believe.

These are also pull fans. Seem to do quite well I’ve felt behind them and they do pull tons of air, hot air into the bay. I skipped the weather stripping and have yet to need it really. But I still have it in my parts bin if necessary.

So the fact it’s cooling my engine and my turbo and doing well I’m pleased so far. Now to just see how long they last. But people do always comment at meets or at parking lots why my car sounds like a turbine jet when the fans kick on every 5 min. As of now I’d reccomend.