Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Installed my Grounding Kit made by "Z327"...now the review

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Big Sexz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Installed my Grounding Kit made by "Z327"...now the review

I purchased the 6 wire kit for $58.00 It was the best price I could find and get this, EXCELLENT QUALITY as well. For once all the searches paid off. It's all 4 gauge wire with gold connectors. Since he makes these on a per order basis I was able to get 2 colors with no static what so ever (or price increase). I wanted blue around the motor and silver where it attaches to the body. I never thought there could be so much workmanship in a set of cables. Not only was every cable the perfect lenght, but the connector crimps were solid and tight as well. His heat shrink skills are amazing and there are 2 layers (one the actual heat shrink and the other is a high gloss cover to make it look awesome). Further more to make everything idiot proof he stamps the ends with the proper number to help with the installation. Speaking of installation, it doesn't get any easier. His directions are clear and precise with lots of detailed pictures and arrows. With the little tips he provides along the way, it made this project super simple. All hardware is even included so there is no need to go to the AP store searching for the right nuts, bolts or zip ties.

As for the results, I now understand what everyone means when they say the car is smoother. I have just under 6k on my Z and the idol was a tad rough. Upon ignition that issue was resolved. Smooth as silk and I am happy. On the drive into work this morning I also noticed a difference in the acceleration, it was clean and smooth as well. Exactly what the Dr. ordered! It's not often you get an outstanding product at an outstanding price. Check him out here.

Warren if you are out there,
Thank you.
BSZ
Old 01-20-2004, 11:09 AM
JeepRage

Default Re: Installed my Grounding Kit made by "Z327"...now the review

I couldnt agree more... I bought them from him a few months back (except i think mine were $53 shipped )

Anywho, definatly a great guy and excellent craftsmanship. Car does appear to idle at a steady RPM now, I took notice of the fluctuation before the install.

Hall
Old 01-21-2004, 08:52 AM
wmchew

I can't agreed more! I'd ordered mine from Z327 a few months ago and with his excellent photo instructions, I had no problems at all installing the kit. I highly recommend getting the grounding kit from him. The price is very competitive too.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:58 AM
supra crazy

where can i order it from?
Old 01-21-2004, 09:02 AM
JeepRage

Originally posted by supra crazy
where can i order it from?
I found him on eBay... the first post has his page link, drop him an email, see what he lets them go for directly.

well worth it
Old 01-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Big Sexz

http://home.comcast.net/~z327/ is the direct link to his website. Scroll down about 1/3 of the way and you will see a link to the "Earth Ground Kits". You wont be sorry.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Mr_Q

Sounds cool.

Is anyone else surprised at the parasitic loss though?!?! Look at that guy's dyno run! 214hp at the wheels?!? The cars are rated 287 at the crank! That's a 73hp difference (loss)!!!

Aluminum flywheel, driveshaft should be anyone's first mod with that much loss!

Mazda got tons of crap for a 25hp over-rating on the RX8. This is far worse. I mean those numbers are SAE corrected for sea level right?

Last edited by Mr_Q; 01-21-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:10 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats wheel hp and most likely he has an automatic, in which case the 220 is about right. the 214... perhaps it was just his lowest dyno and a bit of a fluke. either way, there are countless cars that have dynoed 240(an accurate 16% loss).

either way not the point. its amazing he got 6hp. I sure as hell didnt... thats crazy hp, I didnt notice any.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:46 PM
z327

Originally posted by ares
thats wheel hp and most likely he has an automatic, in which case the 220 is about right. the 214... perhaps it was just his lowest dyno and a bit of a fluke. either way, there are countless cars that have dynoed 240(an accurate 16% loss).

either way not the point. its amazing he got 6hp. I sure as hell didnt... thats crazy hp, I didnt notice any.
Yes I have the automatic and I had not gotten past the 4,000 mile mark yet.

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback.

One note on my web page. I'm not going to be making the Sidemarkers with LEDs. I'm goping to leave all that business to ARES. I hear he has a great product and I'm concentrating on the grounding kits.

ARES - Hope you don't mind if I start sending people your way. PM me with your email address.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:59 AM
B2BigAl

Just put my kit z327 grounding kit on today. I can say without a doubt, that the car idles much smoother than before. Easy way I found to tell if the grounding kit does anything, was check my rear defroster. Before, when I turned mine on, idle dropped about 200 rpm and became quite rough. After the ground kit, problem fixed. Can't say I really feel any increase in power, though my butt dyno isn't sensitive enough to feel a one or two HP difference. All in all, a great buy and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Kit was high quality, had great instructions, and the price is just right.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:21 AM
ZRated03

Any warranty issues w/ a grounding kit? Just wondering as I'm looking to start throwing some goodies on my Z
Old 01-24-2004, 09:53 AM
ares
Veteran

if your car blows up in smoke and everything shorts out cause you touched something to something you shouldnt. warrentys gone.

installed correctly with a high quality kit like this, no way. your actually just reinforcing a ground they already have from the block to the frame, but instead of like 20gauge wire in one place, this is much more efficient.

I spend 55$ in parts for my set to make myself. not to mention the crimper that I crushed trying to do them. these werent around then.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:28 AM
BlackNissan350z

I just installed my kit yesterday, and i used to have a missing issue at idle it is now gne, thanks warren great kit and highly recommended
Old 02-01-2004, 06:26 AM
kbirdsong

Installed mine yesterday. Great kit, great instructions, fast shipping. I couldn't be more pleased.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:47 PM
MotiCarmona

how hard is it to install?
Old 02-02-2004, 05:44 AM
2002 Maxima SE

In theory, this should also fit (to a tee) the Maxima engine. Anyone know if that is true?
Old 02-02-2004, 06:33 AM
ares
Veteran

should, if the grounding points of the plenum are there. some wire lengths may be slightly off(possibly very off depending on the location of the battery). also hard to say if the point where we ground to the frame is available on the maxima.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:19 AM
havabooz

just bought one from ebay