Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Lsd? Lsd?? Lsd???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 08:17 AM
SeekerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lsd? Lsd?? Lsd???

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Hope everyone is doing terrific. Im not new to the car scene but im new to the 350z. Im really comfortable working on the VQ engine, but the rest of the car is mystery to me. Im proud owner of 2005 white 350z. Im the 2nd owner and the car clocks in at 50,200miles. Still has brand new car smell and super clean from the engine bay all the way to the trunk. I got a few questions for all of you or who reads this haha. 1) I hate "hopping on one leg". So what lsd do you guys run, pros and cons? lsd oil? I know theres a search button like most of you will say right of the bat, but whats the point of buying something that you are not gonna like later on, am I right? 2) I have found a HyperTech tuner for 350Zs. So what the deal with that? Is it any good, or is it just a little trash box with buttons? If anyone running it, does it tune good? If this fails, What other tuners do you guys run or tune with? I found some information about UpRev/Osiris crap. But all the info and videos I find everyone uses cruise control to swith maps, WELL CRAP I DONT HAVE THAT CRUISE CONTROL BUTTON haha
3) What size of wheels is optimal for the Z/ will 18x9 fit on the front and back? Thank you very much for reading this and replying.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SeekerZ
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Hope everyone is doing terrific. Im not new to the car scene but im new to the 350z. Im really comfortable working on the VQ engine, but the rest of the car is mystery to me. Im proud owner of 2005 white 350z. Im the 2nd owner and the car clocks in at 50,200miles. Still has brand new car smell and super clean from the engine bay all the way to the trunk. I got a few questions for all of you or who reads this haha. 1) I hate "hopping on one leg". So what lsd do you guys run, pros and cons? lsd oil? I know theres a search button like most of you will say right of the bat, but whats the point of buying something that you are not gonna like later on, am I right? 2) I have found a HyperTech tuner for 350Zs. So what the deal with that? Is it any good, or is it just a little trash box with buttons? If anyone running it, does it tune good? If this fails, What other tuners do you guys run or tune with? I found some information about UpRev/Osiris crap. But all the info and videos I find everyone uses cruise control to swith maps, WELL CRAP I DONT HAVE THAT CRUISE CONTROL BUTTON haha
3) What size of wheels is optimal for the Z/ will 18x9 fit on the front and back? Thank you very much for reading this and replying.
You know there's a search button, so use it, you will get better results doing that. What's the difference if you researched and saw that I personally like an OS Giken LSD over the rest or I post it here and say the same thing? It's only my opinion and doesn't mean you will like it, right?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

1. Quaife, Cusco are both good diffs from what I've heard. I have the Oem VLSD and it works fine for me for street driving.

2. UpRev is what you want. Nothing else... If you have no steering wheel controls (like me) then it just means you will only have 1 map.

3. Check the top 100 common questions thread there is a lot of good info in there. Ideal wheel/tire specs are:
18x9.5 for front and 18x10.5 for rear. With an offset around +20. I run that setup and it's perfect. With 255/40 and 275/40 in rear.

Congrats on the purchase, and happy modding
Old 09-24-2013, 06:32 PM
SeekerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
1. Quaife, Cusco are both good diffs from what I've heard. I have the Oem VLSD and it works fine for me for street driving.

2. UpRev is what you want. Nothing else... If you have no steering wheel controls (like me) then it just means you will only have 1 map.

3. Check the top 100 common questions thread there is a lot of good info in there. Ideal wheel/tire specs are:
18x9.5 for front and 18x10.5 for rear. With an offset around +20. I run that setup and it's perfect. With 255/40 and 275/40 in rear.

Congrats on the purchase, and happy modding
Thank you much! So for instance if I want to run a different map on UpRev- am I going to be able to switch maps with a laptop or im gonna have to take it to the tune shop?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:25 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Order cruise control buttons, the two switches for the clutch and brake , redflash with UpRev to a different ECU. You will now have cruise and map switching.

Minimum 9 front and 10 rear

Quaife for street , OS Giken for track
Old 09-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Thank you much! So for instance if I want to run a different map on UpRev- am I going to be able to switch maps with a laptop or im gonna have to take it to the tune shop?
Yeah you would need to have them switched with a laptop & cipher cable everytime i believe. On my old z i had 5 different maps and never even took it off the main power map. and on my current z i haven't had the need to want different maps.. it's really not a big deal.. only thing that was cool was the anti theft map, and the 2 step launch control.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:09 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find everyone uses cruise control to swith maps
What are these swith maps of which you speak?