Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

ok so 2 question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 08:09 PM
katinkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok so 2 question!!!

Wasnt sure what thread I should put this in as I have 2 questions both concerning different things but this is the most concerning... so I will ask them both here!

I have searched with no straight answers... I probly couldve searched harder but this is to a degree timely.

1st question... i have heard there is some sensor for the clutch that lags with rpms in cooperation with the sincros...

that said.... sometimes and sometimes not I have a hard time shifting between first and 2nd in High RPM. not redline but 7k-7400rpm. I have a 2008 350z HR. the master slave cylinder has already been replaced with aftermarket with steel lines. not sure if that has anything to do with it from what I have researched it doesnt. but from what I have experienced its like you push in the clutch change gear let the clutch out and it either hits a wall... or grinds in betwenn gears and you have to bring down the RPMS to about 6800 to get it into gear. I have never had a problem with any other car doing this coming from a RX7 FD that redlined at like 8000 RPM give or take.

any thoughts on this? as sometimes it shifts smooth but 6/10 it grinds or hits a wall between first and second and have heard its a laggy sensor especially on the M3s but dont know if the same sensor is on the 2008 350z.

2nd issue... are the windows which I know the 350z are prone to haveing screwey windows... I have already replaced my motor and rail on the driver side... no problem there... at least not all the time with a brand new motor and rails.... about 29/30 times it works... than sometimes the window rolls down and right back up and then i push the button and it corrects on brand new equimpment.

the problem lies in the passenger window... I roll it up and it comes half way down 7/10 times and i have to hold the window button up and it corrects and stays up.... im just waiting for the day its gets bad enough though and wont roll up...

any thoughts or suggestions on the window? or Tranny? F'd up sincros from previous owner at 65k miles or what? the car only has 75kk miles on it being a 2008...

please help as I have searched and found contradicting results.

Thanks guys.

excuse my mispelling as I am far away from my monitor so my letters are small.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:06 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

I pause for a split-second between upshifts, and that's a much kinder way to treat your gearbox. What's the hurry? Also, 6,800 is well beyond the torqueu peak, so it's not necessarily going to offer quicker acceleration - why bother?

Sorry, no suggestions on the window issues, except to try the reset procedure.

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...procedure.html

See post #2
The following 2 users liked this post by dcains:
dkmura (06-29-2017), katinkid (06-30-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 08:13 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

You may need to realign your shifter. I have and 04G and I put a little pressure on the shifter before I hit the clutch and it seems to fall right into the next gear. Not a downward pressure but like going from 1-2 I pull on it a little bit and it slides right in like a well used......you get what I'm saying.
The following users liked this post:
katinkid (06-30-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 08:41 PM
OldManZ350

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

Their have been many revision on the 350z 6 speed trans. Most revision have address the problem of grinding shifts.

The latest Version is CD009

I don't have any idea witch version comes with a 2008 HR to even if it's a different Trans.
katinkid (06-30-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 10:01 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

'08 has the CD009 - this isn't a gearbox issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by dcains:
katinkid (06-30-2017), OldManZ350 (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 06:34 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,291 Likes on 895 Posts

Agreed- this is most likely a shifting technique issue. Having said that, has the OP checked the level of gearbox lube and what brand and type is he using?
katinkid (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 02:31 PM
katinkid

Thanks guys. I have not checked the gearbox fluid yet as it felt initially like maybe bent synchros at first. however after doing research heard of the Clutch Sensor on some vehicles that causes this specific problem im having only on the M3's and corvettes I guess.

So thats why i was wondering if we have that clutch sensor because you can supposedly just disable it and it corrects the issue.

It very well could be a shifting technique but it only happens sometimes and out of 5 manual vehicles this is the first time I've experienced something like this.

Thanks again guys!

Secondary on the Window issue I have reset the motors on both windows at least once... it seems like they get a mind of their own though and starts glitching after a while again. Wonder if there is a permanent fix anyone knows of.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:47 PM
katinkid

Also wondering if maybe replacing stock shifter with an aftermarket or aluminum shifter bushings might fix the issue?

anyone with experience on this? What is a good aftermarket shifter?