Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Trans/Clutch ....issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Kevin Skene

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Trans/Clutch ....issue?

2003 350z - 6 speed

3 drift events on new clutch / flywheel (Z1 performance street, 6 puck spring, Z1 Lightweight flywheel)

The last event was my first competition and I qualified 4th, so that's why I kept shifting when it was already feeling sloppy.

HERE'S THE STUFF

I was running DOT 3 fluid (already have SS clutch line and heat wrap). The clutch felt fine all through practice, but as soon as the competition started and I did my first back to back run, I lost my ability to shift and the clutch pedal stayed to the floor. Given that I was using DOT 3 and it felt fine all day up until that moment, i'm going with the fact that the clutch fluid boiled. So I drained the whole assembly, got a new clutch master, new clutch slave and put in some Motul RBF600. I bled the clutch like normal (2 person method), then ran a hose from the bleeder valve on the slave, up back into the reservoir and pumped a million times, just to insure all or any air bubbles moved out.

STILL, my transmission feels really hard to shift in any gear while it's cold. I drove the car about 5 miles on the freeway (it's not a street legal build) and it was still difficult to shift. No grinds per say, but the shifts were far from smooth and I really had to push it into gear. It's filled with Nissan fluid.

Thoughts?