Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

vibration in clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 02:33 PM
Landis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration in clutch pedal

Had a shop install the Z1 Clutch & Flywheel Kit over a year ago. Exedy lightweight flywheel. Mild performance clutch. SS clutch line. New TO bearing. Im fairly sure I broke it in properly but most of that 500 mile break in was highway miles and I might not have. Might have been the shop did not use the alignment tool and ****ed it up. IDK..
The higher the RPM the worse the vibration. Makes me immediately think TO bearing or bent clutch fork but I did not want to drop the trany so I just said **** it, ill drive it till something breaks. Anyone else have a similar experience or any knowledge that can help?
Old 11-10-2022, 02:47 PM
Landis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to mention in the OP that a week or so after I first got the car back after install, the slave cylinder took a **** on me. Naturally, I brought it back to the same mechanic to give him **** and he did the slave cylinder for cheep. The mechanic told me he had a lot of trouble bleeding it and had to pull the clutch line as tight as it would go and bleed it a few more times.

Could the vibration in the pedal, be from normal vibrations traveling up that SS clutch line to my pedal??