Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Jobs that pay for boost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 08:20 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jobs that pay for boost?

So as I look around the board I notice more and more boosted 350s. Since I'm just starting to mod my 350 and realizing how much it costs for some parts I gotta wonder. What do you guys do for a living that you can afford Greddy, ATI, Power Enterprise, etc. When I had my Spec V I was always doing prototyping for companies and getting free parts. Even when i did buy them they weren't nearly as expensive as some of same parts for the Z. Understandbly the Z has a larger exhaust with more pieces as well as headers compared to header, etc. With my Spec V I could get by no problem but with my Z its taken a while to save/convince the wife to let me get a full exhaust (test pipes, exhaust, y-pipe)
Old 03-07-2004, 08:29 AM
Ricky
Banned

I think the biggest answer here is that the Z is a very classy car. A lot of Z owners are people who are established in their lives and bought the Z due to it's heritige. If you look at most the people on this site, they have a great paying job, are settled in life, and now are looking to enjoy themselves with a new toy. The Z really isn't in too many hands of younger people.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:34 AM
MIAPLAYA

I guess that must be the case. I wonder who the youngest Z owner is. Not the youngest "OH look my mommy and daddy bought my a Z" owner is but the youngest on their own Z owner is. At 23 I guess I'm down there in age. Funny how you explained it though. As I was getting ready to trade my Spec V in on my Z I was thinking to myself "I'm not old enough to have a Z yet". Well I guess I better get to working so I too can have some boost.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Ricky
Banned

Yeah, being that I'm very young also, I know exactly where you're coming from. I have a friend locally who just boosted his Z, he's in in 20's I believe, but then again he owns his own company, and makes a more than decent amount of money. So way I figure it..you work hard, you play hard
Old 03-07-2004, 08:42 AM
MIAPLAYA

Must be nice to own your own company. I got a friend who owns his own import tuning parts company and makes a LOT of money (Air Dynamics Racing (ricer parts for Hondas)) Me I'm just a lowly database/server admin. I guess I need to quit being impatient. I just keep having boost dreams as I was getting out of the Marines and have yet to realize them.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:44 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im 20 now got the z right after i turned 19, it takes a lot of work to get it i had to have my mom cosign but its in my name and i have to pay for my car and insurance, granted i live at home again now (left for 6mos then came back) but i am in college too.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:03 AM
MIAPLAYA

Thats cool that your in college. Shoulda gone there instead of 5+ years in the marines. But living at home does kind of help. I live in Cali so you gotta think ~$865/month for rent, another ~$150-200 for power,phone,cable, you get my drift....it adds up. Hopefully your getting a good degree so when your out of college you can still afford the Z and the mods. Only degree i got was how to kill Iraqis with a 50 cal
Old 03-07-2004, 09:12 AM
SoBe

Iam 17 and I have a 350z Touring =). Id say im the youngest Z owner lol. dont flame me for being 17 and having a z lol.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:16 AM
blue_z2003

Hey i am 17, and i am getting a 2003 ddb track.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:17 AM
AParshall04

Im 18, but i only slightly "own" my Z. I pay for more of it than my parents, but they still pay for a small amount, so technically i don't totally own it. But it's probably impossible to go to high school and make enough money to own a Z. I did get a good deal on my Z and got it used, so that helps.

Blue_Z & sobe, i highly doubt you are paying for the Z completely by yourself at 17. Correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by AParshall04; 03-07-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:28 AM
VQ35DES

First one was at 17 where I was idiotically splitting payments with a brother. Second one at 18 comming next month, paying every dollar with 6 year loan. This is what I live for. Money is meant to be spent!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:30 AM
SoBe

I paid 2000$ for the car but that isnt much when they payed for the rest and gas and insurance. I work which is a good habit so im not lazy and yes i know i got spoiled on this car but im not a dick about it i dont brag i try to be a good driver b/c i know im young and do stupid things. I just hope this car does not kill me or someone else so do my best to think before i act.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Jsn350Z

I usually don't post on these kinds of thread, but I guess I will this time.

I am 19, own my own Z, and I paid for it myself. I pay for my own insurance which I must say is ridiculous in price, my own gas, and mods.

I am also going to college ( although not quite full time ) and I work a good 30-35 hours a week on top of that.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:25 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
I usually don't post on these kinds of thread, but I guess I will this time.

I am 19, own my own Z, and I paid for it myself. I pay for my own insurance which I must say is ridiculous in price, my own gas, and mods.

I am also going to college ( although not quite full time ) and I work a good 30-35 hours a week on top of that.
Nicely done. You must have saved for a while for the Z
Old 03-07-2004, 10:47 AM
Ricky
Banned

MIAPLAYA, I just checked out your signature. Reason you don't have any money for the Z is because you have a brand new Frontier too...and even that has mods!
Old 03-07-2004, 11:36 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by Ricky
MIAPLAYA, I just checked out your signature. Reason you don't have any money for the Z is because you have a brand new Frontier too...and even that has mods!
yeah but my wife works too. And hey can't discriminate. She drives the fronty so i gotta make her think I'm as interested in modding that as the Z or I get no mods...
Old 03-07-2004, 02:04 PM
PainProphet

Originally posted by Ricky
I think the biggest answer here is that the Z is a very classy car. A lot of Z owners are people who are established in their lives and bought the Z due to it's heritige. If you look at most the people on this site, they have a great paying job, are settled in life, and now are looking to enjoy themselves with a new toy. The Z really isn't in too many hands of younger people.
I'm 26, I don't get paid all that much, I'm a Pc Network Tech, I live on my own and bought a house about a year ago so I have a morgage and had to finance my z for 6 years. :/ I'm hoping that after the warranty is up I can afford to get a TT kit like you "established" people.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:14 PM
12SecZ

So way I figure it..you work hard, you play hard
Very well put, that should be in my profile
Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Jax350z

PowerTrip, thats interesting, I live in Jacksonville myself, am 21, and own a 350Z.

I am in the navy, but together with what my wife makes, we do alright. We know how to budget our money is all.

My main problem in modding my Z however, is my wife thinks the car is already fast, and doesn't get the point (I am sure I'm not alone on this one).
Old 03-07-2004, 04:33 PM
drivenCSZ

Im 19 and got my Z 1 year ago this month... it was completely paid for by me, however I am in college and my parents are paying for most of that(which helps), loans will pay the rest. so technically i did buy my own Z and am quit proud of it becuase it took alot of hard work in high school for a scholarship to college and crappy summer jobs and being frugal my whole life. my life savings is now gone but i have my Z and thats what counts right

Quick Reply: Jobs that pay for boost?