Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Installed Borla TD.. I did before and afters with my G-Timer

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Installed Borla TD.. I did before and afters with my G-Timer

I do my runs in the same spot every time where its nearly perfectly flat, maybe a 3-5% grade incline and its calibrated perfectly. I park every morning in a 6 story garage and thats where I calibrate it so I know I am on flat, level ground.

Now the strong point of these devices are comparing runs, very very accurate when used this way, awesome for comparing launch techniques since it reads out 60' times.. Also when I was at the track I did 1 run to compare difference between the time slip and the G-Timer, it was only .03 off the time slip (14.11 for slip, 14.08 for G-Timer).

1/4 = 13.86@101.3
0-60= 5.25
This was with a 60' of 2.08 - With AEM CAI and Ground kit

After the Borla TD installed, best of only 3 complete runs to date (vs 15 runs from pre-borla):

1/4 = 13.75@102.3
0-60 = 5.20
This best was with a 2.10 60'
Also now that I got new tires, Michelin Pilot Sports A/S I just gotta experiment with launching more aggressively and I can get that 60' to 2.0 or below and shave off another .1+ - These tires are so much grippier and with some practice I should be able to pull off consistant 2.0's or better..

Last edited by Daytona Blue Z in Bo; 03-12-2004 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:05 AM
ajk4

yea i just got some new pilot sport a/s tires also. they are great tires, kinda pricey, but great tires none the less. when i bought them i was looking at getting the new sp2 tires or the goodyear eagle f1 tires. needless to say the f1's were on backorder and they didnt have my size in sp2's. however, the tire salesman tried to convince me that the pilot sports a/s tires were just as good as the f1's in dry weather, and that the f1's only beat the pilot sports in the rain. of course you cant judge a book by its cover, but the f1 looks mean!! sorry to hi-jack your thread, but i just had to mention this since i saw it in your thread.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Ya I am glad I got the tires too.

I am overall very happy with exhaust, decent gains and bertter sound. But I almost with it was a bit louder, its like maybe 5% louder then stock.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:45 PM
jng1226

Thanks for posting your results. I remember before you did the G-Timer mode for HP, it would be interesting to see the changes now.

This is really important to me as I am finally planning my mods, and I'm going to do them all at once. I've really been considering the Borla, because it replaces the Y-Pipe and Mid-pipe (from what I've read are the most restrictive parts of the OEM exhaust) plus a new muffler for the lowest price. I also plan on doing DC Sports headers and Kinetix Cats at the same time as the Borla.

Questions:

1) Did you experience any rattle with the Borla?
2) Do you have any tips for assembly and mounting to get the tips aligned and no leaks in the parts?

Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey
Old 03-19-2004, 05:11 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Originally posted by jng1226
Thanks for posting your results. I remember before you did the G-Timer mode for HP, it would be interesting to see the changes now.

Questions:

1) Did you experience any rattle with the Borla?
2) Do you have any tips for assembly and mounting to get the tips aligned and no leaks in the parts?
I have some new results now, as you can see in my post my previous best was 13.86@101.3 pre Borla after 15++ runs.

Now after about 6-7 runs I moved by best all the way too 13.58@103.6 with a 5.05 0-60 run with a near perfect launch shattering my pre-borla best, all runs done in the same location under the same conditions. I think the ECU is learning the new exhaust flow or something because it seemed to get stronger over the 2 weeks I have had it.

To answer your questions:

1) No rattles, no droning at any speed.
2) I has XXTuning in CT do the install, they have done 100+ Borla Installs and they did an amazing job with the mounting.

I think with my new tires, the exhaust and an excellant launch I think i'll be taking home a time slip for at least a 13.7@102+ this season.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:14 AM
zpeed350

Originally posted by jng1226
I've really been considering the Borla, because it replaces the Y-Pipe and Mid-pipe (from what I've read are the most restrictive parts of the OEM exhaust) plus a new muffler for the lowest price.
I could be wrong here, since I do not own a Borla exhaust....but I don't think it replaces the Y-pipe. You might want to double check that before you are dissappointed.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:15 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Originally posted by zpeed350
I could be wrong here, since I do not own a Borla exhaust....but I don't think it replaces the Y-pipe. You might want to double check that before you are dissappointed.
The Borla True Duel replaces the Y-Pipe
Old 03-19-2004, 05:32 AM
zpeed350

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
The Borla True Duel replaces the Y-Pipe
I stand corrected, thanks Daytona.