Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Apexi SAFC II + Honda S2000 Engine Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 07:03 PM
FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iheard that you can get 6+ hp at the treads....
Old 04-18-2004, 07:58 PM
scubasteve

I will also be installing my SAFC II in the next few weeks. I have had it for a couple of months......not time. I want to get this thing on line to see how I am running. I also plan on installing on the ODB II sensor by AEM.....I feel that I am paranoid sometimes....byt better safe than sorry!!
Old 04-19-2004, 01:04 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im not talking trash, but wants to point of the start button? i know it looks kool and all but isnt it just more hassle to start the car?
Old 04-19-2004, 08:18 AM
ajk4

Originally posted by XBS
Im not talking trash, but wants to point of the start button? i know it looks kool and all but isnt it just more hassle to start the car?
its just for fun. never heard the phrase "race car inspired"? j/k
Old 04-19-2004, 09:33 AM
shimz350z

Originally posted by XBS

Hassle?...so I guess any car with a start button is a hassle?

I'd like to define hassle not with a mere extra touch of a button. Hassle would be if you put your key in the socket, enter a 5 digit code, press your thumb fingerprint on the console in order to start a car. THAT'S HASSLE FOR YOU...possibly unless your driving a batmobile

just like the man said...it's a simple cool mod. It's not a hassle...installing it is a hassle
Old 04-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by shimZ
When you install the "engine start button" is there a way where you can wire the button so that when you turn the key...the key itself cannot start the car? Just like the s2k where you are required to press the button. I don't want both.

I have an auto...since you've already accomplished this task I am assuming you may be able to answer my question because I CANT
Actually, Im not sure. You can probably disconnect the factory wire to the starter to prevent the key from cranking. The engine start is a totally separate installation. Does not effect any of the factory abilities. I kept the key start just in case one day the button fails...

Originally posted by scubasteve
I will also be installing my SAFC II in the next few weeks. I have had it for a couple of months......not time. I want to get this thing on line to see how I am running. I also plan on installing on the ODB II sensor by AEM.....I feel that I am paranoid sometimes....byt better safe than sorry!!
Exactly. Right now, I just richen some low end ranges based on some other peoples dyno graphs. I will not be leaning anything out before dynoing my own car with the A/F sensor.

Originally posted by XBS
[B]Im not talking trash, but wants to point of the start button? i know it looks kool and all but isnt it just more hassle to start the car?[B]
Well, not really. I have a 6 speed, so its much easier for me to start the car with the engine start button...because I dont have to step on the clutch!! And I rather "press" than "twist" if you know what I mean

Originally posted by XBS
[B]its just for fun. never heard the phrase "race car inspired"? j/k[B]
You bet that it is fun! Made me felt more like a race car driver...LOL. Oh and my girl friend digs it more than moi..