Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RE shifter vs stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 05:00 PM
o snap its eric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE shifter vs stock

Whats the comparision differnece? How does it feel vs stock? What kinda performance benifits do i get? Is this mod worth it? What is the best price out there?
Old 05-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not too sure about the RE.....seems like there is one person pissed off with the product for every one person that loves it.

However, I drove wild350z's B&M short shifter. I have one word for you.......WOW! I loved it. The shifts felt half the distance of stock, and it had a very solid albeit "gate-like" feel to it. I want one yesterday.

Many people will tell you it was the best $175 mod they ever did. Also, some folks had a bear of a time installing them...apparently a dust cover on the tranny is a pain to remove and replace, and some of the shifters were vibrating at a certain RPM. This seems to be tranny specific..not a defect with the short-shifter.

By the way...I am assuming that RE is for Rough Engineeering or whatever.....if not...sorry...disregard this post.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:01 AM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Rogue and like it very much. My version is the later one, as the earliest release had some problems that caused them to put a bolt through the shaft to strengthen the connection in the newer version. You have to pay attention to the alignment of the shift plate, and you will probably have to replace the shift **** if you do this on a G (don't know about the Z) because it comes apart in the removal process. I used the rubber GT **** and it is very good, and stays cool in the summer and is not slippery. Your hand just drops off the wheel and right onto the shifter quite easily. Much better on the track than the stock.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:59 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only one pissed off that I know of......
Old 05-24-2004, 10:56 AM
G3po

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE shifter

I have the RE on a G and the OEM **** works fine , granted getting it unscrewed the first time takes serious elbow greese.