Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

JWT flywheel install - alignment studs

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 04:46 PM
jreiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JWT flywheel install - alignment studs

Okay, the JWT flywheel I received came with a little baggie with 3 little metal studs in it. I'm assuming these are used to help align the flywheel with the clutch, correct? How necessary is it to use these when installing the flywheel? Can it be done without them? If the install is successfully done without them, what are the potential resulting problems? (If any.)

Old 06-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why would you not use them? what cluthc are you using with it?
Old 06-07-2004, 10:42 PM
jreiter

Why wouldn't I use them? I believe it would have something to do with how much of a goober I am.

We were under the impression the studs, for whatever reason, hadn't been included with the flywheel. So, we went ahead and made the install work without them. Everything went fine, and the install seems to be fine. No unexpected vibrations that could result in the clutch plate not being perfectly aligned with the flywheel. Then yesterday I was breaking down all my old cardboard boxes from all my latest shipments I've received. When I got to the one that had contained the flywheel, I found the little baggie with the studs in it... stuck at the bottom of the box under a flap underneath the packing material. Oh well. Too late.

So now I'm just retroactively researching it. Oh, and it's the stock clutch. At this point I'm guessing it should be fine and everything is aligned, since there is no unexpected vibration when revving the engine.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:08 AM
stx

Originally posted by jreiter
Why wouldn't I use them? I believe it would have something to do with how much of a goober I am.

We were under the impression the studs, for whatever reason, hadn't been included with the flywheel. So, we went ahead and made the install work without them. Everything went fine, and the install seems to be fine. No unexpected vibrations that could result in the clutch plate not being perfectly aligned with the flywheel. Then yesterday I was breaking down all my old cardboard boxes from all my latest shipments I've received. When I got to the one that had contained the flywheel, I found the little baggie with the studs in it... stuck at the bottom of the box under a flap underneath the packing material. Oh well. Too late.

So now I'm just retroactively researching it. Oh, and it's the stock clutch. At this point I'm guessing it should be fine and everything is aligned, since there is no unexpected vibration when revving the engine.
I wouldn't worry about it. If its working fine that means everything is aligned properly. If its misaligned then the tranny will not going in.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not included?
Old 06-17-2004, 07:21 PM
ranger5oh

Hows the performance? I am buying soon probably