Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Z1 350 Project Car Dyno sheet(s)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 09:15 AM
SQUILL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nos finding its way into the intake.....STOP THE MADNESS! Just stop it! The abount of nos flying around the engine bay would have to be huge!

Last edited by SQUILL; 06-12-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:25 AM
RegalZ

Originally posted by SQUILL
Nos finding its way into the intake.....STOP THE MADNESS! Just stop it! The abount of nos flying around the engine bay would have to be huge!
LOL, are you serious? Its almost a direct shot from theback of the intercooler into the intake and with the intake sucking in air thats going to be the path of least resistance for the N20. Ive seen it in person and I have no doubt that is what happened here. Why would they lie anyway?
Old 06-12-2004, 03:09 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by RegalZ
LOL, are you serious? Its almost a direct shot from theback of the intercooler into the intake and with the intake sucking in air thats going to be the path of least resistance for the N20. Ive seen it in person and I have no doubt that is what happened here. Why would they lie anyway?
First of all i am not calling either your self or Z1 performance a liar whatsoever. It is just so unlikely that 1. this is actually the case and 2. they would allow it to continue.

Its more likely that if there was any nos making its way into the intake that it would be very minute and the effects would be negligable at best.

I highly doubt that anybody would ever run a car where the n20 entering the intake would not be in a controlled manner as could spell disaster.

The air inlet is hardly directly behind the intercooler.

I certainly wouldnt want any nos entering my intake in an uncontrolled manner if this is actually happening.

If this is happening fair enough but it is highly unlikely.

Im sure Z1 will post to clear this matter up.

No ill feelings to you at all regalZ i just disagree that this is happening.
Attached Thumbnails Z1 350 Project Car Dyno sheet(s)-vtec.jpg  
Old 06-12-2004, 03:34 PM
RegalZ

Originally posted by SQUILL
First of all i am not calling either your self or Z1 performance a liar whatsoever. It is just so unlikely that 1. this is actually the case and 2. they would allow it to continue.

Its more likely that if there was any nos making its way into the intake that it would be very minute and the effects would be negligable at best.

I highly doubt that anybody would ever run a car where the n20 entering the intake would not be in a controlled manner as could spell disaster.

The air inlet is hardly directly behind the intercooler.

I certainly wouldnt want any nos entering my intake in an uncontrolled manner if this is actually happening.

If this is happening fair enough but it is highly unlikely.

Im sure Z1 will post to clear this matter up.

No ill feelings to you at all regalZ i just disagree that this is happening.
Squill,

None taken! Its clear from your post that you are not just blowing smoke. However, I should point out two things that may clear this up for you.

1) From my understanding talking to Z1, this is not intended to be an everyday setup, they were just doing some R&D on the dyno and used this to point out how rich the untuned Vortech program is.

2) Your diagram pre-supposes that an N-tercooler type unit is being used to dostribute the N20 on the IC. From my Z32 experience with Z1 I know that they have installed a custom N20 IC chiller that uses two nozels mounted to the inside of the bumper and sprays a pretty healthy mist of N20 on the IC. It actually looks like two of those N20 purge valves amd the N20 is not as localized as it would be on the NX kit, its more of a fog. They used this system on this widebody Z32 that was featured in SportZ Magazine to make 744rwhp but there is no dispute that a a good bit of N20 is getting sucked into the intake:

Even though the intake is not directly behind the intercooler, when the intake is sucking air it is drawing it directly from the top drivers side of the intercooler and is thereby the path of least resistance for the N20.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:54 PM
adanande

they should douse all the intercoolers in the world in liquid nitroget and smack them with a rubber mallet hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:13 AM
joust75

Originally posted by adanande
they should douse all the intercoolers in the world in liquid nitroget and smack them with a rubber mallet hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Are you drunk, Really Young or just low in the I.Q departement?
If none of the above you might want to post more carefully because that is the impression you are sending out.

AS for Z-1 I think that they must have meant "Dry Shot" instead of IC sprayer. The power gains are just too huge for these gains to be from an unmeasured 'runoff' of the IC sprayer.
I am with Squill on this.