Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Dyno'd the beast...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004 | 11:10 PM
Sponge

Originally posted by hndumafia
he had more than just headers and plenum. he also has stillen exhaust, kinetix hf cats, and jwt pop charger.

still seems like nice gains though.

You are correct sir!

hfm: Yeah, got more than just headers and plenum. As far as cost of headers and install, I was one of the lucky bastards that got in on the Summit Racing website mistake they made in posting the price for the then "new" DC Sports headers. I got my ss headers for $365 shipped As for the install, I had a local custom exhaust fabricator here in SoCal install them for $275. When I picked the car up he said that I got a good deal at that price

Freakish car? Maybe LOL I got the car with 5 miles on it and broke in the Z this way after reading about how this world class motocross bike racer and mechanic does (forgot name). I ran the car moderately hard with reving to redline for the first fifty miles to quickly seat the rings and not score the cylinder chamber=higher compression. In this tuners experience (read 100's of bikes), the bikes broke in this way ALWAYS dyno'd better and ran stronger. So I gave it a try.

PhoenixINX: Never did a baseline run I was only really curious about the final hp and tq I achieved. After talking with Technosquare, I then decided to get an AFR on the dyno to help them pick the correct tune files for me. I'll get a dyno post re-flash for the final numbers and AFR.
Old 10-05-2004 | 04:11 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally posted by Sponge
My SAE corrected numbers were 263 hp and 243 tq with 0 smoothing.

Still pretty fair
Good numbers but your TQ seems low. I have similar mods and the ECU reflash helped me alot. 13.1 a/f all the way across(from over 15:1 !) and I picked up 13 ft lbs...Im at 262 whp 252 wtq with the reflash and no headers...if you get that your low end will be much better....
Old 10-05-2004 | 07:09 AM
Sponge

Sweet! Not expecting, but hoping for those kind of gains
Old 10-05-2004 | 04:17 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I picked up decent gains in hp and torque when doing the flash as well (13 hp and 11 lb feet as I recall), so you might be in for a pleasant surprise. At the very least, you should net an AFR curve that does what it should throughout the rev range.

As for reflash vendors, if TS is local, I'd have it done there, and have it done on the stret (not on a dyno). From there, redyno and see where you ended up relative to these numbers

Looks good so far man!
Old 10-05-2004 | 05:21 PM
havabooz

nice stuff...i plan on having ending up in the same spot you are sometime soon

i reccomend you do one more thing though...crank pulley...makes low end feel a lot crisper and nicer

Z1-who did your flash and what mods do you have
Old 10-05-2004 | 05:34 PM
Sponge

i reccomend you do one more thing though...crank pulley...makes low end feel a lot crisper and nicer
I'm still in the air on the pulley. Hate to risk engine damage later for just 3-5 hp and faster reving now. I know this has been argued to death but I'd rather play it safe until we see some more miles on Z's with pulleys. I plan on the 3.9 final drive gears after some lightweight wheels so those two should increase the acceleration substantially
Old 10-05-2004 | 05:49 PM
jjellyneck

Originally posted by Sponge
I'm still in the air on the pulley. Hate to risk engine damage later for just 3-5 hp and faster reving now. I know this has been argued to death but I'd rather play it safe until we see some more miles on Z's with pulleys. I plan on the 3.9 final drive gears after some lightweight wheels so those two should increase the acceleration substantially
I agree.
Also, make sure that your tires are relatively light in weight also. I believe that the Toyo T1S is on the light side. Might help a little bit.
Old 10-05-2004 | 05:49 PM
havabooz

if you dont mind would you tell us in what order you put on each mod and what your personal driving experience was

or did everything go on all at once