Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

some more wideband o2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 05:34 PM
uplz4588

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some more wideband o2 questions

keep in mind this is all copied and pasted from my other thread on another forum....

ok, after i get my testpipes im going to get a wideband o2 guage, i know its not needed, but eventually i will need it and i want to be prepared becuase after my testpipes, im going aps plenum and some sort of y-pipe and an exhaust and i know this can lean you out. problem is im not gonna get my ecu flashed until i have everything else done so i just want to be able to read my AFR in the process of all of this.

The best i can find would have to be 1 of the PLX devices. next question, do you think i should get the 400 or 500 becuase they can datalog? would that be useful to an extent where the extra $150 or so would be worth spending?... keep in mind that i would also opt for the M-series Guage as well, becuase i think it would be MUCH easier to look at a LED/digital guage compared to the digital display which would be tucked into the NAV compartment. I could also get the PLX 200 and get a AF guage and wire it all up...

also, what about the AEM, i want a guage thats why i only have these 2 choices...

does any1 know if the AEM can be dataloged w/ something like the blitz r-vit type 1? or do you NEED a laptop.

Also can the Zientronix(?) be hooked up w/ a AFR LED guage like the autometer ect...?
Old 11-02-2004, 09:44 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the LM1 from Innovate Motorsports, great price, data logs and can output to any standard gauge for $350 (with wideband sensor). http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/
It can be installed permanently or temporarily, depending on what you want and the computer software is great too.

If you are doing any real tuning, you need logging.

Also check out the new lma-3 input box, http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lma3.php
it gets way more than just A/F. Think of it like this, if you are logging with only time you don't have a whole lot of info. You don't know what the car is doing. Add RPM to that, you know what sped your engine is, this is better. Add the MAP, acceleration and EGT and you know exactly what the car is doing. Then when you make a change, you know what real world change has taken place.

Chris
Old 11-03-2004, 06:32 AM
uplz4588

ok, ive basically decided that the zeitronix zt-2 is the best system i can get. Now i need to figure out a couple of other things.
I can get the Zt-2 Bundle.

Includes the Zt-2 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Meter, Wideband Oxygen Sensor, Sensor Harness, Signal Harness, Datalogging Software, Installation Instructions and 2 pin EGT connector to retrofit your EGT probe.

I dont really like the 4 parameter display so i think i am going to get the optional AFR display when it comes back instock, or i would really like a LED guage w/ a display built right in like the AEM, but if i can find one of those i will get the display and an autometer guage... (which one?? there are like 15 different models)..

Lastly do i need to get another o2 bung welded in, keep in mind i am going to get either kinetix or unlimited tuning resonated testpipes

thanks for any info, i know i asked a ton of questions.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:19 PM
QuantumZ

"If you are doing any real tuning, you need logging. "

Real tuning is done on a dyno in which the dyno has it's own UEGO and it's own logging. Widebands are great and highly recommended for any car; especially forced induction, but I don't think the datalogging is worth it, IMHO. I'd grab the AEM since it's about the same price as the gauge setup from PLX and you don't have an extra box to store.
The innovative thing is the size of a bible in real life and not terribly useful for a permanent wideband setup.
On autometer A/F gauges to go with linearized compacted output wideband setups, they are pretty much all the same, just a different face and bezel color, etc.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Home of the Dynapack Dyno
Old 11-03-2004, 03:34 PM
uplz4588

yeah, but the AEM is pricey... im just going to get the zeitronix zt-2... i hate that LCD display, and am trying to figure out if i can somehow intigrate a AEM type guage with digital/LED readouts on it with the zt-2... is this possible? anyone anything?
Old 11-04-2004, 06:37 AM
QuantumZ

Originally posted by uplz4588
yeah, but the AEM is pricey... im just going to get the zeitronix zt-2... i hate that LCD display, and am trying to figure out if i can somehow intigrate a AEM type guage with digital/LED readouts on it with the zt-2... is this possible? anyone anything?
The AEM gauge is the actual controller for the wideband, so no. The innovative website has an AEM/Autometer style gauge that is separate if you can get a linearized output from the zeitronix, etc.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Home of the Dynapack Dyno
Old 11-04-2004, 07:43 AM
G3po

Default ZT

Originally posted by uplz4588
ZT is in the process of making an "AEM like" guage. You can pm them and push for dates. I was considering ZT but The software for logging provided for the PLX seems much more complete.