Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

350Z Power Enterprise (IHI) bolt on twin turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 12:37 PM
Pouya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350Z Power Enterprise (IHI) bolt on twin turbo kit

Hey guys,
I am going to be importing a bunch of Power Enterprise turbo kits and turbos from Japan, and I was wondering if any of you guys wanted me to bring over their twin-turbo kit for the 350Z? Power Enterprise is a really respectable tuner in Japan, and is beginning their products will soon bring brough over seas just like Trust and Blitz were. I don't really know of any other place you can get such a great turbo kit in America, so I'd thought I post it here and see if anyone was interested. The release date in Japan is April of 2003, but it might be released even before. The turbo kit utilizes PE1420SP and PE1820SP turbos. IHI is the company that makes these turbos for Power Enterprise (just like Mitsubishi makes them for GReddy, Garrett for HKS, and IHI for Apexi).
Old 11-01-2002, 12:55 PM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

Need more info...I am intrested in a turbo set-up but it all depends
Old 11-01-2002, 01:18 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Definitely need more info. What's the estimated cost? How difficult will it be install? Where can we go to get it installed? What kind of gains should we expect?

Of course I'll only just be getting my car in April (hopefully earlier) and I think I'll stick with Nismo if I can keep my warranty.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:04 PM
Pouya

Originally posted by PrototypeStan
you have a website or something?
The turbos will be available at http://www.madpsi.net. , That website is under construction and doesn't have any info on the kit yet.

For information about the turbo kit, here is the Power Enterprise website:

http://www.power-enterprise.co.jp/

I know how well these kits/turbos perform on other cars, but since it is not released on the 350Z yet, I don't have any information specifically on the Z33 plateform.

However, Power Enterprise themselves have a 350Z project car that is displaying this turbo kit. What that means is dyno sheets and other valuable information is just around the corner.

For comparisons sake, a R33 Skyline put down 568.3ps with a Power Enterprise twin turbo kit that utlized the PE1520TR and the PE1920TR turbos. Now I know this is apples to oranges since the 350Z is a V6 and the Skyline is a Inline 6, and they are different PE turbos. However, you also have to take into consideration the advantage a 350 Z would have with far more engine displacement. To get real concrete data, yuo guys would have to wait a little. I have no doubts the kit will kick some major a$$.

On the other hand, if you guys are on a budget, this isn't the kit for you. The Z32 guys know very well that with a V6 engine, you have to buy two of a lot of things which usually includes two turbos (hence, twin turbo).

Prices are dependent on how many people you guys can get. Retail price is probably going to be close to $10,000. However, I can probably get it closer down to $7,500, it depends how many people we can get. You guys have to remember twin turbo aftermarket kits aren't cheap. The Bell Twin turbo kit for the NSx and the HKS Supra and Skyline GT series turbo kits are in the $8000-10,000 range as well.

This is a bolt on kit, everything is included. Any shop that knows how to put on a turbo kit should be able to put on this kit.

Last edited by Pouya; 11-01-2002 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-01-2002, 06:24 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Pouya,

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted on the progress. I am really glad to see several manufacturers are working on turbos. I can't wait to hear a blow-off from under the hood of a Z33.

JD

PS

Do you happen to have a TT MR2?
Old 11-01-2002, 06:31 PM
Pouya

Originally posted by articfury

Do you happen to have a TT MR2?
I will keep you guys updated for sure.

As for the Mr2, yes, I do have a twin VATN turbo MR2. Here is more info on my car: http://www.madpsi.net/PMR2.htm

Click on the Twin VATN Turbo Kit link for more info on that.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:20 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Pouya,

I am very familiar with your car. My previous car was a MR2T.

I was kind of hoping someone would come out with a kit that uses the Aerodyne turbos. Their performance in the BEGI TT kit for the NSX is quite impressive...not to mention, in your 2 .

Sorry for the OT

Thanks again,

JD
Old 11-01-2002, 09:45 PM
ZON

Check out this twin turbo bad boy!!! 56kr's beware.

http://exvitermini.com/mr33.htm
Old 11-01-2002, 10:23 PM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by throbbing_Zon
Check out this twin turbo bad boy!!! 56kr's beware.

http://exvitermini.com/mr33.htm
Mother of God!!!!! . That's f*&king insane! Awesome!
Old 11-01-2002, 11:05 PM
350Now

Default Boost?

Pouya,

Do you know how many pounds of boost the turbo is design for?

How much could the bottom end of the 350Z take?

Also do you know if the kit comes with I/C, fuel system upgrades, what type of manifold (cast iron or stainless), and are the turbo ball bearing?

Thanks,
J
Old 11-02-2002, 10:25 AM
3rdpower

Jesus MARY and JOESPH... that car was fasssssssssst.... I watched that Dyno and the then just about lept out of the wheel sets... mommy... I'm scared
Old 11-02-2002, 02:31 PM
Traffic

OK, here's what I could figure out from Power Enterprise's site:

Turbocharger system in development, as well as an air intake system, timing belt, SS exhaust, some sort of Power Fan Switch Controller, and the boost controller. Most of this stuff is coming out next month and in January, except for the turbo system, which appears to be coming out in April.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:46 PM
Pouya

Originally posted by Daytona
OK, here's what I could figure out from Power Enterprise's site:

Turbocharger system in development, as well as an air intake system, timing belt, SS exhaust, some sort of Power Fan Switch Controller, and the boost controller. Most of this stuff is coming out next month and in January, except for the turbo system, which appears to be coming out in April.
Yea, here are the dates for most of the products and all of them can be acquired from the website I gave you guys earlier (http://www.madpsi.net).

Carbon fiber front lip : December '02
Carbon fiber GT-WING : December '02
Carbon fiber hood : January '03
Stainless Steel exhaust : December '02
Intake : December '02
Upgraded Injectors : April '03
Twin Turbo Kit : April '03
Boost Controller : ???
Power Fan switch controller : ??

This is how the power "V-belt" looks like:

Supposedly, they improve the following versus stock:

Heat resistance: 4 times
Resistance slip characteristic: 3 times
Durability: 2 time rises
Abrasion resistance: 2 times

350Now:

I will try and gain more information for you regarding your questions. Previously, their kits came with stainless steel (isometric) exhaust manifolds, intake, oil lines, fuel pressure regulator, turbo and downpipe. However, more things may be included in the 350Z kit. I don't think the turbos are ball bearings. Also, I am not sure how much power the bottom end for the 350Z can take, however, I do recommend water injection as means to help gaurd against detonation. An ERL Aquamist kit will most likely also be available through madpsi.net when the kit does come out.
Old 11-02-2002, 06:39 PM
stiv

sounds great!! I'm glad to hear that the z33 aftermarket is starting to take off...

I only wonder if the bottom end needs to be rebuilt for proper high boost reliability. For example, I have a 4wd Toyota Celica with a 3sgte built specifically for high boost levels and it's real reliable (it's my daily driver...). Also, living in Southern California,(ultra strict emissions...) I'm familiar with the fact that a lot of the aftermarket kits are illegal for on-road use... I'm worried about possibly having to have the turbo kit removed before every smog check-that could get rather tedious...

anyway, thanks for the good news and keep us all posted...
Old 11-07-2002, 11:02 PM
ovrbstn

Originally posted by Pouya
I don't think the turbos are ball bearings.
I can assure you coming from the WRX world and personally owning a PE1820 that they are indeed ball bearing. The 3.5l of the Z should have no trouble spooling this kit up..............it is considered slightly laggy in the WRX world, but that's with only 2.0l!!

Mike S.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Pouya

Is there still interest for this kit. Because I am about to bring some over very soon as well as the Power Enterprise Super Sonic EX exhaust.

Old 01-31-2003, 01:55 PM
Slareau02

Once again, some information would be great.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:40 PM
Nazar
Banned

Here is the news I have from Sole distributor/Importer and RandD Development guy in US. He will be developing and adapting this kit for left hand drive US specs.

Estimated price $6500-8000. Retail

2 IHI 1818sp Turbos
2 Stainless Tubular manifolds
2 Stainless outlet pipes
Hi-Flow Fuel Pump
Regulator
Upgraded Injectors
Fully Programmed ECU (Flushed)
Intercooler
Intercooler Piping
Air Filter suction Kit.

This is as it is from the fax I got. He is the guy who might be coming to the Custom Car Alarm Stereo Barbeque MEET in Plaistow NH. We will be the authorized Retailer for the New England area. If I get any more info I will let everyone know.

Nazar
603-382-1801
Old 01-31-2003, 02:46 PM
Nazar
Banned

Default HP FIGURES

OH BTW

Here are some HP figures on the car they have been testing.

At 11 psi The car made 370HP at th erear wheels

At 1.3 Bar = About 18 psi The car made 430 HP at the rear wheels

The kit will come with a restricter thet will eliminate the car from making any more then 11 psi.

Nazar

Quick Reply: 350Z Power Enterprise (IHI) bolt on twin turbo kit