Notices

DC Sports Header install Tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:37 PM
PWSHHOCKEY44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
is that 2 hours and 15 minutes or more than 12 hours? lol.
haha i was wondering the same thing
Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 PM
jesserthompson

I was lucky and someone knew a guy that was good at installing headers, he only charged me 350 to install, i never bought headers cause i knew it was going to be such a headache after reading the 350z tech thing saying 12-16 hours i was like i dont need them that bad haha, well the only down fall to my headers were that it was version 2 for top speed so i was the first to install them on my car before they got there full shipment, and the headers wouldnt fit dew to the driving shaft being in the way, so the guy who installed them had to put dents in them to make them work, unforunately the driving shaft is still sitting up against the header so i get alot of vibration through the steering wheel, the correction of the headers is being made, so my car was the lab rat. other than that the upgrade was awesome alot of midrange power gained, im very pleased
Old 09-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jesserthompson
I was lucky and someone knew a guy that was good at installing headers, he only charged me 350 to install, i never bought headers cause i knew it was going to be such a headache after reading the 350z tech thing saying 12-16 hours i was like i dont need them that bad haha, well the only down fall to my headers were that it was version 2 for top speed so i was the first to install them on my car before they got there full shipment, and the headers wouldnt fit dew to the driving shaft being in the way, so the guy who installed them had to put dents in them to make them work, unforunately the driving shaft is still sitting up against the header so i get alot of vibration through the steering wheel, the correction of the headers is being made, so my car was the lab rat. other than that the upgrade was awesome alot of midrange power gained, im very pleased
I'd remove them ASAP and install the stock headers. The rubbing/vibration is not good.

Also, the dent could be detrimental to performance if you're looking to squeeze every little bit out, which sounds like it because you bought headers for the Z.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
I'd remove them ASAP and install the stock headers. The rubbing/vibration is not good.

+1 Also I'd remove the 20" chrome wheels.