Notices
Engine Intakes, Exhausts, Clutches, Turbos, etc...

FS: JGY x Kanji Brand turbo kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 AM
jasonG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ksuberk54
So... Whatever happened to RevolvedZ's car? Any feedback from other customers or any other numbers from other customers who installed everything?
man, he won't do the fuel stuff.

He just drives the crap out of the car with a good 280HP. I don't know why.

I think a guy from the Bahamas bought a kit, and that's it.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:35 PM
TrevorDel

Well dang. I just read through everything and would have loved to see the new installation of things and numbers.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:29 AM
kellam

That car is for sale on zilvia. Saw it this morning.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Borlacrooks

http://www.stillen.com/product/super...750-10080.html

Check this link. i think a supercharger would be better. Why waste money?
Old 09-08-2013, 11:31 AM
ksuberk54

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't understand. why waste time and money getting a turbo for your Z, then not finish the build and then downgrade to an S14?
Old 09-08-2013, 03:51 PM
kellam

Its disappointing. I am actively searching for something I could learn on. The shop seemed to put a lot of stock in this particular car and it never came to a conclusion.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 AM
jasonG35

trust me, I was right there with you guys

as soon as the turbo kit got put on, it seemed like he was in the trading mood again

I went with him to get that car too. He had a 280HP Zenki powered by a KA. He traded that for it.

There is nothing weird behind the scenes or anything. I know it makes someone hesitant about buying it because it seems like he knew something, but that wasn't the case. It was just like he didn't want to spend anymore money?

I joked and said maybe it was a 280HP rule of his. hit 280

JGY has a 240sx with an built SR in the lot and I know he was trying to trade on it.

Some people just like to trade cars alot.

It's a shame with all that work on the suspension, seats, and gauges that he spent all that time.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:15 AM
jasonG35

Originally Posted by Borlacrooks
http://www.stillen.com/product/super...eers on parade

Check this link. i think a supercharger would be better. Why waste money?
I looked at those too. You are probably just getting paid to post those links as a weird way to advertise for Stillen, but I'll role with it.

1. It is NOT cheaper than the JGY turbo kit, even after you include fuel and tuning.
2. It does NOT fit under the factory hood.
3. I think the quality of it is great.
4. They are awesome on the FX35's.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:17 AM
jasonG35

Originally Posted by TrevorDel
Well dang. I just read through everything and would have loved to see the new installation of things and numbers.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 AM
kellam

it would be nice if this shop would install this on a car and promote what its capabilities are.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:41 AM
jasonG35

I think that was the plan. I know the install was free.

The install mule then started selling his car, they got burnt out on it, and then dropped sponsorship. kits are for sale, but I doubt anytime soon they will put another one on someone's car unless it's a paying job.

Their lot is literally filled with existing project cars.

but in defense, it has to be a solid 400HP crank/350HP wheel kit. If it does 280HP at that RPM with stock injectors, 70 more HP would be easy.
honest, I think all of us see that 350HP would be a no-brainer.

I would only be interested in seeing if it made MORE than 350HP at 6psi. But then, at the end of the day, seeing more than that isn't safe on our motors.
I know with mine, I would not want 400HP at the wheels on stock internals.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:17 PM
ksuberk54

If it were me, I'd want to see how much it would make at 8psi and that would be my 'track mode' when I go to the drag strip and race and then I'd have a setting for every day like 5 psi or something. On my 06 revup I would like 400whp or more at 8psi. If it isn't then why even go that route? You can get a nitrous kit for a 1/3 of the cost and make the same whp (350) as quoted by Jason.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:11 AM
jasonG35

Originally Posted by ksuberk54
If it were me, I'd want to see how much it would make at 8psi and that would be my 'track mode' when I go to the drag strip and race and then I'd have a setting for every day like 5 psi or something. On my 06 revup I would like 400whp or more at 8psi. If it isn't then why even go that route? You can get a nitrous kit for a 1/3 of the cost and make the same whp (350) as quoted by Jason.
Just so that you know, on turbo'd setups with wastegates, you make the wastegate have a base, let's say 5psi. That is the lowest you can go. A boost controller (electronic are best) then increases your boost. It can't lower it below the wastegate setting.

I certainly think you could get 400whp out of your revup and I certainly think it would not be reliable. The piston walls and rods are not the Nissan norm on the VQ's.

You are very correct about the NOS. It certainly is cheaper. Most motors do not tolerate NOS as well as they do boost. I think that is why alot of people use turbo instead. Also, you can't run out of turbo on a trip.
NOS is also been called the cheater way, which has always bothered me, but it is what it is. Some areas are also very strict on NOS being in the car for some reason.

With that said, I love the NOS idea though.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 AM
ksuberk54

I agree 400whp is not reliable that's why having a base map that is lower would be what I would drive every day and then turn it up when I go to the track once a month. I don't see how that would make the engine unreliable. I could see that if you were running 400whp hard every single day but once a month? Not so much.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:40 AM
jasonG35

true

so.....................

NOS or turbo?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:26 AM
ksuberk54

There's pros and cons with each.

Nos is relatively cheaper, you should be able to install it yourself (though you can do the same with a turbo kit if you know what you're doing). You can also just run NA all the time until you turn it on when you go to the track which makes your car super reliable but my understanding is that it's actually harder on your car running Nitrous and if you don't know what you're doing you can blow it up easier. It also requires more up keep (taking it out, filling it up and putting it back in every time you run out).

Turbochargers make very good whp and allow you to not be in boost all the time. It also sounds and looks cool and you don't have to change the jets if you want to go up in power (just change maps). It also is a lot more expensive and more time consuming to install and depending on the kit you can have seal leaks, no working a/c and just like Nitrous you can blow up your motor. You also need supporting mods like a fuel pump, engine mgmt and injectors if you get the tuner kit which requires even more money.

I haven't decided yet which one I'd like to do. I've always just wanted a turbo kit, twin turbo preferably (obviously) but I don't really have the money for that right now. Married, trying to save for a house. I'd love it if JGY decided to donate a kit to me and I'd get all the supporting stuff (injectors, uprev and fuel pump) and I'd do a nice write up
Old 09-15-2013, 10:23 PM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For some reason I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on this lol. It's probably over my head. My G is my DD. My racecar requires wood to remove from the driveway, it smells like gearoil on the burlap passenger seat, it's loud and there's no AC, so any passenger wouldn't be happy cruising for long distances. Plus the cage is dangerous on the street. This is what happens when you work nightshift haha...
Old 09-16-2013, 06:00 AM
jasonG35

Originally Posted by VQdriver
For some reason I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on this lol. It's probably over my head. My G is my DD. My racecar requires wood to remove from the driveway, it smells like gearoil on the burlap passenger seat, it's loud and there's no AC, so any passenger wouldn't be happy cruising for long distances. Plus the cage is dangerous on the street. This is what happens when you work nightshift haha...
I'm very confused. I think you are describing your S13 and not your G.

To me, any drift car that has A/C is no drift car.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:21 AM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonG35
I'm very confused. I think you are describing your S13 and not your G.

To me, any drift car that has A/C is no drift car.
Yep, exacty. My S13 sits hardparked in the garage 99.9% of it's time. As sentimental as I am about it, maybe it's time for a change. It's one thing if I have a 6 bay garage at a mansion, but it's in a a single car townhouse garage lol. I love my stock G, but I feel like anything short of forced induction is a waste and I've owned it since brand new back in '05. Since the exhaust is showing some age I'm considering my first "exhaust upgrade" haha. That's just the type of owner I am. I hang onto things. It would be nice to daily drive a WELL BUILT kind of enthusiast vehicle that has all oem stuff working and sort of flys under the radar, but can hang with some of the hard nosed sportscars. Or maybe I should just sell both cars and start styling with a nicely used premium vehicle from Bavaria lol.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:49 PM
jasonG35

Originally Posted by VQdriver
Yep, exacty. My S13 sits hardparked in the garage 99.9% of it's time. As sentimental as I am about it, maybe it's time for a change. It's one thing if I have a 6 bay garage at a mansion, but it's in a a single car townhouse garage lol. I love my stock G, but I feel like anything short of forced induction is a waste and I've owned it since brand new back in '05. Since the exhaust is showing some age I'm considering my first "exhaust upgrade" haha. That's just the type of owner I am. I hang onto things. It would be nice to daily drive a WELL BUILT kind of enthusiast vehicle that has all oem stuff working and sort of flys under the radar, but can hang with some of the hard nosed sportscars. Or maybe I should just sell both cars and start styling with a nicely used premium vehicle from Bavaria lol.
I like the confort of my G and the styling, but from a power to weight ratio and ease of working on things, I'm more of a B13/G20 S13/S14 kind of person for power. The G feels faster than what it is because of the 6 speeds and ratios. Nissan also has been known for under rating HP in performance inspired cars by them for years..........and so the G/Z is the opposite for Nissan. 280PS or so for my car? BS when at JGY we see them in the 215 at the wheels? no way, if you did a fair 12% power loss, 280 should be 246HP or so at the wheels. I like the car......heck, have 2 of them, but they are not 280HP cars.

Nissan for years has in my opinion mis interpreted the US market and has missed many opportunities for sales........They had a 4wheel steering 240sx.......and know one ever knew. They dropped the 240sx.....and should not have. They realized that when they came back with the 350z, but should have had 2 versions.....4cylinder motor and 6cylinder. Now.......2014 they are having a diesel truck........but they missed it again, thinking the US needs V8 power.......so it's a v8cummins? what the heck........should have been a cheaper 6cylinder inline 6motor..and the sales would be great.

3L twin turbo = 300HP from Nissan? sure, more like 370HP. 3.5L non turbo is 280? sure :-)

bottom line...........change your exhaust and turbo it

Quick Reply: FS: JGY x Kanji Brand turbo kit!!