Notices

FS: Sound Performance 3" boost activated cutout

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 05:04 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sound Performance 3" boost activated cutout

I'm getting rid of my SP stainless boost activated cutout. With my old exhaust system I was stuck in the mid 500's on the dyno no matter how high the boost went. I added this cutout 18" from the turbo and was able to re-dyno for 652hp.

Helps reduce back pressure to allow the turbo to breathe while not forcing a person to run a huge 4" straight exhaust all the time.

It's 2 years old but I only started using it on my car last November. 1 oil change since it has been on the car so roughly 3000 miles of use.

The actuator included from SP opens completely at 11psi and I wanted to open it sooner so I installed an actuator that is fully open at 7psi. Both are included in the sale so a person can choose which one they like the best.

400$ new for this piece. With the extra actuator I would like 300$ shipped in the lower 48 states.

paypal: jeffbinder@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails Sound Performance 3" boost activated cutout-imag1041.jpg   Sound Performance 3" boost activated cutout-imag1042.jpg   Sound Performance 3" boost activated cutout-imag1043.jpg  
Old 06-03-2012, 06:10 PM
binder

Offers welcome. This is taking up room on my workbench.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
sradenton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the reason ur selling?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:08 PM
binder

I wanted the valve open sooner than 7psi since I have stock exhaust. Back pressure was building up before it opened. I put am electric cutout and open it manually now. Pita but whatever gets the job done
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM
sradenton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
I wanted the valve open sooner than 7psi since I have stock exhaust. Back pressure was building up before it opened. I put am electric cutout and open it manually now. Pita but whatever gets the job done
Wow!! 652hp on stock exhaust!!! I was just actally reading about these, but was unsure how much it would help me. I got the V2 motordyne exhaust
Old 06-06-2012, 06:11 PM
binder

Well that's with the exhaust cutout.

Depending your power level it can help a lot. I was stuck at mid 500 with my borla true dual so I went to stock with a cutout. Any chambered muffler will be restrictive at high hp.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wanna selll the 7psi actuator?
Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 AM
binder

Email sent rich
Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 AM
binder

Don't need this thing sitting around and I'm trying to get rid of spare parts to clean my garage out.

I know someone wants high hp without needing a crazy loud straight through exhaust system. This is the key!

250$ shipped
Old 07-16-2012, 09:29 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 402 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
opted for the same.. was worried about the same issue... wish i could hear sound clips of an FI 350Z that was running one.. seeing as who knows when Ill hear mine.

what did it do the low end/ driveability? Any impressions on running it open?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
binder

The electric cutout? I'm not sure what the last question is in requests to. I have stock exhaust so I can't compare it to leaving it closed. I would never get this power closed.

driving didn't change.....not sure how it could ever affect the way a car drives so elaborate on what you think it would change.

Between the 7psi and cutout open I don't know if it made a difference since I haven't been back on the dyno to compare.

If I remember I'll try to get a crappy in cabin phone recording. I don't go out driving much with it being this hot though
Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 402 Likes on 229 Posts

id assume that it would drive differently when not in boost.. I have a large single turbo and an X02 exhaust, so not stock, but its not amazing by any means lol.

I was looking to get your feedback on "butt dyno" changes, around town on the street when not going all out.. if you didnt notice any real differences, thats a great thing to hear and probably answers my q right there.

I was afraid that running it open in traffic would have negative effects aside from sound n smell . Ive never owned an FI car.. so I still have the mindset of NA for now i suppose.. i suppose it would actually decrease lag versus increase it as i had thought..or at least get it spinning into boost earlier.

anyhoo, yeah if you end up w vids lmk, PM is cool, I certainly dont mean to thread jack, but at least its free bumpz.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:12 AM
binder

Originally Posted by bmccann101
id assume that it would drive differently when not in boost.. I have a large single turbo and an X02 exhaust, so not stock, but its not amazing by any means lol.

I was looking to get your feedback on "butt dyno" changes, around town on the street when not going all out.. if you didnt notice any real differences, thats a great thing to hear and probably answers my q right there.

I was afraid that running it open in traffic would have negative effects aside from sound n smell . Ive never owned an FI car.. so I still have the mindset of NA for now i suppose.. i suppose it would actually decrease lag versus increase it as i had thought..or at least get it spinning into boost earlier.

anyhoo, yeah if you end up w vids lmk, PM is cool, I certainly dont mean to thread jack, but at least its free bumpz.
Regular driving it won't help. I'm not one of the guys that stop light drag races so I never see boost with regular driving. It's kind of hard to anyways with boost being 650hp. Not a lot of places that I can stop on the gas and not have to instantly let off because of speed or spin out.

If you mean just leaving it open completely and driving around then that's a no go. Mine is about 18" off of the turbo so it's stupid loud. I would be def cruising around town with that thing open all the time!

Depending how free flowing your exhaust is having the valve open should decrease spool time because of the reduction in back pressure on the turbo. Now my question was would I notice a difference in spool from the boost cutout at 7psi to the electric cutout opened before i get into boost. I think it will help a little but I'm not expecting any significant decrease in spool time. Maybe 100rpm earlier at most.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:43 AM
binder

Sold and shipped!