Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hatch Shocks stronger where??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Streetdragin350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch Shocks stronger where??

Hey guys I was just hoping someone knows where I can get some stronger Trunk Shocks mine or dead from my spoiler and drop down tv... any ideas??
Old 01-28-2005, 01:31 AM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get some from performancenissan.com. but they're $240 or something totally crazy like that.. maybe if we can get a group buy, it'll be cheaper. They're Nismo shocks and supposedly stronger than stocks.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Streetdragin350

Default shocks

wow 240 thats ridiculous haha. I have went to the local autopart stores and most of them have shocks around 40bucks but they wont work with they z. I have to use a clamp at shows(ghetto) but it works for now
Old 01-28-2005, 11:42 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Angry

Hey, good buddy, where is that check you said you were sending me!

Mods...ban this lying stealing POS till he comes clean.

When did you cash my check.....June?
Old 01-30-2005, 03:39 PM
cbrflyer919

Streetdragin350 = NOT WELCOME
Old 01-31-2005, 07:36 AM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Remove the counter weight in the trunk, that's all you probably have to do.
and yes we do sell the other shocks if it comes down to it.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is the link...

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=1429

if your hood latch doesnt stay up.. removing the weight isnt going to help it... removing the weight just helps it pop up and let you lift it up...
Old 02-22-2005, 08:18 AM
old_s13

Default Re: Hatch Shocks stronger where??

Originally posted by Streetdragin350
Hey guys I was just hoping someone knows where I can get some stronger Trunk Shocks mine or dead from my spoiler and drop down tv... any ideas??
people watch TV in your trunk? wouldnt an impala be better for that?
Old 02-22-2005, 05:19 PM
veilside350zTT

Default Re: Re: Hatch Shocks stronger where??

Originally posted by old_s13
people watch TV in your trunk? wouldnt an impala be better for that?
you can drive an impala if u want. as for me tvs are necessary for shows!
Old 02-22-2005, 06:40 PM
InternetABYSS

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
here is the link...

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=1429

if your hood latch doesnt stay up.. removing the weight isnt going to help it... removing the weight just helps it pop up and let you lift it up...
Hey Jason

I just bought these replacements from Courtesy Nissan after I read about the replacement shocks on the nissanusa.com site under nismo wing description.

These are the part codes I got from Courtesy Nissan listed below. But NONE of the boxes say NISMO on them just nissan.
Did courtesy nissan screw up and sell me the wrong shocks and just give me the same old factory shocks?

90452-cd010
90453-cd010
90456-cd000
90454-cd000

It shows 2 stay assy 2 stud ball and 2 bracket ba..

But it doesn't say Nismo anyway....Is this the wrong part????

Jason
my350z.com co-founder
Old 02-22-2005, 07:21 PM
2003z

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
Hey Jason

I just bought these replacements from Courtesy Nissan after I read about the replacement shocks on the nissanusa.com site under nismo wing description.

These are the part codes I got from Courtesy Nissan listed below. But NONE of the boxes say NISMO on them just nissan.
Did courtesy nissan screw up and sell me the wrong shocks and just give me the same old factory shocks?

90452-cd010
90453-cd010
90456-cd000
90454-cd000

It shows 2 stay assy 2 stud ball and 2 bracket ba..

But it doesn't say Nismo anyway....Is this the wrong part????

Jason
my350z.com co-founder
holy crap, he lives!!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:23 PM
InternetABYSS

Originally posted by 2003z
holy crap, he lives!!!!!
work and the whole engaged to being married almost a year ate up all my Z time/money. Irvine and I sold this site a while ago and I'm glad to see its still rocking and rolling. I finally got around to messing with the Z. I changed my Z alittle bit since the old days I put on the full JDM nismo kit and the nismo gt4 wheels on, but thats pretty much all I have done...thinking about juicing it since it just went out of the 36k mile range.

I peaked in to look up some info on the rear hatch struts because the darn thing keeps hitting me on the head when I get out grocerys.

This site has and will always be the end all be all authority of the 350z.

peace

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 02-22-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

work and the whole engaged to being married almost a year ate up all my Z time/money. Irvine and I sold this site a while ago and I'm glad to see its still rocking and rolling. I finally got around to messing with the Z. I changed my Z alittle bit since the old days I put on the full JDM nismo kit and the nismo gt4 wheels on, but thats pretty much all I have done...thinking about juicing it since it just went out of the 36k mile range.

I peaked in to look up some info on the rear hatch struts because the darn thing keeps hitting me on the head when I get out grocerys.

This site has and will always be the end all be all authority of the 350z.

peace
So when did Jay own the site? I thought he was the original starter/owner and then it was sold to other people?
Old 02-22-2005, 11:45 PM
InternetABYSS

ok heres what happen.... jmanz aka Jay Irvine (resident Canadian) living in Spokane WA started and owned the domain of my 350z.com as a alternative to zcar.com where all the preorder folks went to talk about the new 350z.

He took off to do his own site with a hand full of folks as a very simple preorder 350z only forum. Well I basically came into the scene when I helped him on a few websites since I was a avid member on the original forum. I also helped with maintance costs and he gave me a 25% ownership of this website. Then 6-8 months after that the Z car shipped and the bandwidth bills went through the roof. We sold the website to Takeo in California for $20k. I think he wanted it as a advertisment for his car polish and the fact he like the Z in its preorder state. I still have a copy of the sale contract somewhere on this computer. I was pretty impressed by the extent of legality taken during the sale.

Then after the sale Jay Irvine took off to do his photography...wink wink...he kept saying he was gonna reopen a Z site but lost interest.

I went out and got married which took all my time. I peek in from time to time. I havent talked to Jay for along time since I got stung by him on another biz for around $11k (my z mod fund)

Thats it in a nut shell....But the whole preorder process was a wild and exciting time.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see you again Abyss. I still have the "secret pics" of your then girlfriend(s) laying on top of your Z and in the bathtub!

Glad to see that Jay is still scammin' too. So he got all of us with the membership dues and the crying for donations AND he got you for 11k too? Nice.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

ok heres what happen.... jmanz aka Jay Irvine (resident Canadian) living in Spokane WA started and owned the domain of my 350z.com as a alternative to zcar.com where all the preorder folks went to talk about the new 350z.

He took off to do his own site with a hand full of folks as a very simple preorder 350z only forum. Well I basically came into the scene when I helped him on a few websites since I was a avid member on the original forum. I also helped with maintance costs and he gave me a 25% ownership of this website. Then 6-8 months after that the Z car shipped and the bandwidth bills went through the roof. We sold the website to Takeo in California for $20k. I think he wanted it as a advertisment for his car polish and the fact he like the Z in its preorder state. I still have a copy of the sale contract somewhere on this computer. I was pretty impressed by the extent of legality taken during the sale.

Then after the sale Jay Irvine took off to do his photography...wink wink...he kept saying he was gonna reopen a Z site but lost interest.

I went out and got married which took all my time. I peek in from time to time. I havent talked to Jay for along time since I got stung by him on another biz for around $11k (my z mod fund)

Thats it in a nut shell....But the whole preorder process was a wild and exciting time.
Thanks for clearing it up.

Jay did start another site: http://www.350zfan.com/ , I was a member for a while, he had the forums going and then he decided to shut it down so he could get the site to work fully before allowing the forum to be open.

He kept posting updates on the page and now he just has a pic of his Z on the page, I imagine he just got rid of the idea and is going to let the domain name run until the contract is up.

I didn't know he scammed people?

I thought he was a pretty nice guy.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:02 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Man, has this thread taken some weird twisty turns!

The original lying cheating poster stole $80.00 from me to buy a friggin TV for his trunk?

Then we get a history lesson from "Mr. Lucky" InternetABYSS !

And another crook gets exposed!

But Jay did start the build of the best 350Z site.

And I too still have the pix from the garage! Thanks InternetABYSS!!!

Charter member #86
Old 02-24-2005, 10:47 AM
veilside350zTT

Originally posted by 2003z
holy crap, he lives!!!!!
so does anyone know if this is the right part he got? also how much did they cost you!?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
MSGarrett1

Originally Posted by veilside350zTT
so does anyone know if this is the right part he got? also how much did they cost you!?
Uh. exactly. I'm reading this thread and resurrecting it b/c I'm looking for some stronger rear hatch gas shocks as well. Once I put my JDM NISMO wing on (this past weekend), the hatch wants to take my fingers off when I lift up the hatch and wait for it to come slamming down. Plus I wanted to be included in a thread with Dr. Bonz and InternetABYSS, some old school posters around here. I'm the little known guy who posted on the DIY kickpanels for some audio separates. Anyway, are the NISMO shocks the same as the parts listed by InternetABYSS and can anyone post pics of these shocks please?
Old 09-07-2005, 04:14 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Send your struts to strutwise in canada, he will rebuilt them much stronger for much less money than the nissan struts.

Quick Reply: Hatch Shocks stronger where??