Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KP Technologies Modules Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 06:19 AM
Faluzure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KP Technologies Modules Review

First of all, I'd like to give a big shout out to Kevin from KP Technologies for installing these modules for me while at ZDayZ. I feel bad making him work when he should've been out having fun. I planned on purchasing just the Window Roll-Up module from him but because his expertise was right there, I went ahead and purchased the Traction Control module from him also. For some reason the Nissan engineers, didn't think to add these functions to the car. They should've have been though because they have already proven to be real handy for me.

Window Roll-Up Module: All 350Zs & G35s have the ability to roll-down your windows by holding the unlock button on your keyfob remote. For those of you that didn't know that, now you do! However, there is no way to roll-up your window. I believe someone once mentioned that it was a "safety-issue" and that's why it was never implemented into our cars. This module lets you have that feature. By pressing the lock button twice on your keyfob remote, your windows will automatically roll-up. If you press it again while it's rolling up, it will stop. No more having to get into your car & putting the key in your ignition to roll up your windows. It has been a real timesaver for me.

In addition to rolling up the window, this module also has an autolock function. When you turn the key into the on position, the car will do it's electrical tests. After the car does the tests, it will automatically lock all the doors in your car. Not a bad safety feature if you ask me. It could protect you from someone carjacking your car or from your door swinging open from a tight turn (which happened to someone during ZDayZ!) I guess it depends on your personal taste. Me on the other hand, I turned it off. The reason I turned it off was because I went to start my car on Monday and while I was starting it, I realized I forgot something in my home. Whenver I start my car at my home, I do it with the door open and then shut it while I wait inside. Well, when I came back to the car, I realized what I did. Luckily my house keys were on a different keychain in my pocket. I went inside and got my spare keys. Again, this is not a bad feature, as it may be useful for other people. You *can* disable this feature if you want.

Traction Control Module: What this module does is provide a memory setting to your TCS/VDC button so that it remembers the last setting it was on when you restart your car. By default, TCS/VDC is re-enabled everytime you start your car. I think I speak for many 350Z owners that can say the first thing we do after starting our car is press the TCS/VDC button to turn it off. This module is just another "convenience" module that just takes that extra step away. Some of you may not justify the price for something that takes you 1 second to do everytime you're in your car, but I like it.

Again, a big shout out to KP Technologies for these great modules and a big thank you to Kevin for installing these for me!
Old 05-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Z CRUZN

Another thumbs up to Kevin at KP Technologies! He installed my VDC module @ ZAttack last month in Nashville & the window module @ ZDayZ last weekend. Besides being 2 great items, Kevin is one of the nicest fellas you'll run into. Kevin - Thanks again & see you again soon for your new shift light!!
Old 05-26-2005, 06:53 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

I have the window-up module, i believe i did i right up on it too (with video of how it works).

Great product and worth the money.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:54 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 to all above
Old 05-26-2005, 10:11 AM
xplicitZ33

if you don't mind me asking, how much is each module as I am very intereste. picture of the module and where it was installed would be also helpful. Thanks ...
Old 05-26-2005, 11:04 AM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by xplicitZ33
if you don't mind me asking, how much is each module as I am very intereste. picture of the module and where it was installed would be also helpful. Thanks ...
I don't have pictures, but maybe someone else can help you with that. As for the pricing, I believe the Window Roll-Up is $59.99 and the Traction Control/VDC Disable Module is $39.99. If you order both, you get free shipping.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:39 PM
HockeyZ39

As soon as I get home I am ordering the window up module. Where would be a good place to get it installed? I don’t have enough electrical knowledge to attempt it myself. Also what should I expect to pay?

Edit: how do the wires connect to the car? Wire to wire where u can just get those T-clamp things where they just bite into the wires to get a connection? or is it soldered (sp) to a circut bord?

Last edited by HockeyZ39; 05-26-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:57 PM
KPierson
Banned

Thank you all for your kind words! Installing moduels at meets is fun for me, so I don't mind it at all.

Neither the window module nor the traction control module require ANY cutting of wires. We recomend soldering all connections, but many of our customers have used the T-taps with no problems. All modules include installation instructions, and the window module includes a wire guide so that you can locate the correct wires easily.

The installation manual can be found at www.KPtechnologies.com, and specific questions can be asked at www.KPtechnologies.com/forums

Thank you,
Old 05-27-2005, 06:37 AM
HockeyZ39

Are the solder points close to other circuts? I have done a MOD chip on a playstation, but that is the furthest i have gone with soldering, and that took a LONG time due to re-soldering and re-soldering. Wouldnt want to do this to my car =)
Old 05-27-2005, 06:40 AM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by HockeyZ39
Are the solder points close to other circuts? I have done a MOD chip on a playstation, but that is the furthest i have gone with soldering, and that took a LONG time due to re-soldering and re-soldering. Wouldnt want to do this to my car =)
No, you just cut the sheathing on the wire itself and solder the module's wire ends to it. Basically you are tapping into existing wires.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

no need to solder as Kevin said, just use t-taps:

Old 05-27-2005, 07:33 AM
HockeyZ39

Thanks for your help guys, I will go the t-tap route seems like it will be very EZ with those. I have seen a couple different types, which should i get and where is the best place? This will be my last question i promise!
Old 05-27-2005, 07:44 AM
KPierson
Banned

AHH!!! Ttaps!!!

We don't recomend using them because the module mounts in the door and is exposed to excessive vibration which can lead to intermittent working conditions over time (as the Ttaps work themselves free). But, like I mentioned above, a LARGE amount of customers go this route and I haven't heard of any issues yet. I just like to solder them because I spent $50 on a cordless, butane soldering iron! That, and with a proper soldering job you never have to worry about things coming loose!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:02 AM
HockeyZ39

i was thinking of using a good amount of electrical tape to keep it secure. once i get it open and see the points i mite solder it, I just have a radio shack 10 dollar solder gun tho
Old 05-27-2005, 01:06 PM
HockeyZ39

Where is a good place to get T-taps from, and what kind? I have seen a few different types.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

your local auto store should have them (discount auto, autozone, pepboys, etc.)