Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do you get sponsored??????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 06:20 PM
del105
15 f125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been trying for a couple years, I can count on one hand the free things i've gotten.
Free mounting of tires and free alignments (sometimes I actually think it goes on the shop owners mood at this point.)
100.00 from kumho
1 set of carbotech panther brake pads
Free drinks a MJQ concourse.

Thats it so far. I've been trying to get sponsors for auto-x which is slightly different but the same. In auto-x if your not a national champion you get the leftovers or nothing at all. I'm betting the same goes for auto show sponsors.
I've spent alot of time writing proposals of what I can offer a potential sponsor, things I will do for them, and how my service is value added for them.

So far its been people I know personally saying ok and give me a tiny handout. I'm fairly certain the people I don't know never even read the proposal.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:19 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
The time to have obtained sponsors was in 02 and into 03...beyond that, and the best you can hope for are discounts from a vendor you are perpetually loyal to - and that's after you make some heavy investments in rare parts in the first place
---------------^
Absolute truth there.

Someone else posted that the RX-8 market was heating up. I agree, some of my sponsors contacted me asking if I knew anyone with a nice RX-8.

How I got sponsored was by getting a early order Z, and starting to mod it with ANY parts I could get my hands on. Thousands of dollars later I was invited into K&N's booth for SEMA IAS, and the other manufactures hopped on board. At the time there were only a few Z's on the show scene, and even fewer with the amount of work mine had.

A way to get a few extra cheap/free parts is to get a confirmed MAJOR magazine photo shoot. You contact the vendor give them the editors name and number .. have them confirm that you are being featured, and viola.
Keep in mind that Mags at this point wont give your car a second look if its not turboed/w body kit ~ Stroked/w body kit.

Today.. the BAR is raised. You have got to have major $'s to even make a splash. Your competing with enthusiasts, ballers, and shop cars. And ballers and shop cars have obvious advantages.

I would say at this point Mod, and enjoy your Z because you want to, and you want something unique. Otherwise, sell your Z, drive a beater, save up as much cash as you can.. and buy the next "hot" car to come out.

Dont fall for the CON where you pay X amount of $ to get a catalog of companies that will "sponsor" you.

~End
Old 06-01-2005, 08:30 PM
mazzoo

Originally Posted by mdracer76
---------------^
Absolute truth there.

Someone else posted that the RX-8 market was heating up. I agree, some of my sponsors contacted me asking if I knew anyone with a nice RX-8.

How I got sponsored was by getting a early order Z, and starting to mod it with ANY parts I could get my hands on. Thousands of dollars later I was invited into K&N's booth for SEMA IAS, and the other manufactures hopped on board. At the time there were only a few Z's on the show scene, and even fewer with the amount of work mine had.

A way to get a few extra cheap/free parts is to get a confirmed MAJOR magazine photo shoot. You contact the vendor give them the editors name and number .. have them confirm that you are being featured, and viola.
Keep in mind that Mags at this point wont give your car a second look if its not turboed/w body kit ~ Stroked/w body kit.

Today.. the BAR is raised. You have got to have major $'s to even make a splash. Your competing with enthusiasts, ballers, and shop cars. And ballers and shop cars have obvious advantages.

I would say at this point Mod, and enjoy your Z because you want to, and you want something unique. Otherwise, sell your Z, drive a beater, save up as much cash as you can.. and buy the next "hot" car to come out.

Dont fall for the CON where you pay X amount of $ to get a catalog of companies that will "sponsor" you.

~End
Very well said.
Look this is probably the most asked question I get even more then questions about my car. I always tell people to work their but off and don't look for free stuff. Most companies will not give you free stuff. There is one word that will help you out the most and that word is "Network". Companies are hounded day after day form people that want product. For the most part you will not get much of anything unless someone, the company trust, backs you up. And even then you will have to show them you are willing to drop money into your car yourself.
You must first ask yourself if you’re even ready to get sponsors. I don't mean is your car ready I mean are you ready. After you get sponsors everything changes. This fun hobby becomes more like a job. You have responsibilities to your sponsors to go to shows and get your car in mags. You have to push their products and conduct yourself in a professional manner when their name is on your car. If you look bad they look bad. You cannot just look at sponsorships as cheap or free products.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:17 PM
OUTBURZT

Originally Posted by nourarnaout
Do you know people in Toronto?
Its not about knowing people. Actually the more people i know the worse it is.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:25 PM
OUTBURZT

Originally Posted by nismo33
OUTBURZT still waiting for your pics of the ride. someone that is sponsored and showed his car should do the sponsors a favor and show the pics on the forum. still waiting or were you all talk.
WOW your real cool living in cali. Too bad I will be moving there in november and my sponser will be the same. I have never seen so many guys hate. I figured there could be no arguements scince we have the same car. I dont post pics on this website because its stupid for me to do so. I like driving fast and smoking cars. My main "thing" is motorcross (which is how i get my sponsers).

I am not into showing my car on this site, i dont get anything out of it, like you nerds get all happy when you see THOSE DAM smiley faces. My car is fatser than yours I can assure you that. Looks is preference so have fun with that category. To answer your question my sponser's manufacturers are too many to list but they are all the main ones and many more I havent even heard of.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:00 PM
nickgundara

Haha... Sounds to me like someone doesnt even have a car. And if he does, its bone stock!

To be honest, I dont have any sponsors. Any work done to my car has been financed by myself. But as meager as my modifications are, I would never be ashamed to post a pic of my car online. Outburzt, people come to this website to share their Z experiences with others and congratulate each other on modifications done, not to mention learn from one another. This is what we call a "community." Yet you come in and flame others like no tomorrow. I think I speak for most of us when I say that people with your mentality are not welcome here. Good luck gaining "Sponsers", as your relationship building skills will net you nothing but the best they have to offer.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:59 PM
SC-Z

nicely put nickgundara.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:16 PM
OUTBURZT

Originally Posted by nickgundara
Haha... Sounds to me like someone doesnt even have a car. And if he does, its bone stock!

To be honest, I dont have any sponsors. Any work done to my car has been financed by myself. But as meager as my modifications are, I would never be ashamed to post a pic of my car online. Outburzt, people come to this website to share their Z experiences with others and congratulate each other on modifications done, not to mention learn from one another. This is what we call a "community." Yet you come in and flame others like no tomorrow. I think I speak for most of us when I say that people with your mentality are not welcome here. Good luck gaining "Sponsers", as your relationship building skills will net you nothing but the best they have to offer.
Dude your a moron, read the posts. You'll notice someone had a question about asponsership. I posted I am a scout so if he wants my help to pm me. Then we got nismo33 over here flaming me. Whats the matter you cant read?
Good explanation of why people post pics on there Z. BONE STOCK? Your not following me are you. I have had my Z for about 3 months. Basically engine work done. SO unless you see the inside or engine, it is almost bone stock. Not flaming anyone but I dont have the time to sit here and put pics on the computer when I am awful with websites and such. Your so interested how about you and the other nerd can come to my house and we can show off our Z's in a race? or would that be to much of an adrenaline rush for you and you would need your ritilan?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:19 PM
NourZ

Originally Posted by OUTBURZT
Its not about knowing people. Actually the more people I know the worse it is.
It seems so... I can see you're having trouble making friends.

Human emotions are a beauty heh.. once a person feels doubted he fights to prove himslef.. in your situation, the car pics and sponsor list, no matter how controlled and cool you are, you would not be able to fight this urge of proving everyone's wrong!!

let me break it down for fun.. you're busted:
I dont post pics on this website because its stupid for me to do so
Indeed! Imagine you getting caught posting someone else's pictures.
I like driving fast and smoking cars
You should stop watching Fast and the furious, this is something a 16 year old with a rusty CRX would say.

My main "thing" is motorcross (which is how i get my sponsers)
Motocross is for Motorcycles "dirt bikes" .. lol that just killed ya right there .. for future trolling make sure you say AutoCross or AutoX.

And you’re spelling sponsor wrong

I am not into showing my car on this site, i dont get anything out of it
You're absolutely right, showing your rusty CRX here would not get you any compliments and you wouldn't get anything out of it.. maybe more respect than you're getting now!!

my sponser’s manufacturers are too many to list but they are all the main ones
my sponser will be the same
what more can I say, as cops put it "a lair would not answer a question twice with the same answer" one time you say one sponsor and another time it's a huge list!

many more I haven’t even heard of
hahahahahahahahahahaha....

whew... I hope everyone enjoyed my analysis as much as I did

OUTBURZT you can go change your diaper now
Old 06-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Beaker02

In answer to the ORIGINAL question, for me it was the right car, with the right contacts, at the right time. SEMA 2003, the Z was new, a company that my Brother had business dealings with was spacificly looking for a black Z.......Bingo. Got about 10 grand in upgrades that year.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:18 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

WOW your real cool living in cali. Too bad I will be moving there in november and my sponser will be the same. I have never seen so many guys hate. I figured there could be no arguements scince we have the same car. I dont post pics on this website because its stupid for me to do so. I like driving fast and smoking cars. My main "thing" is motorcross (which is how i get my sponsers).

I am not into showing my car on this site, i dont get anything out of it, like you nerds get all happy when you see THOSE DAM smiley faces. My car is fatser than yours I can assure you that. Looks is preference so have fun with that category. To answer your question my sponser's manufacturers are too many to list but they are all the main ones and many more I havent even heard of.

you got sponsors you never heard of. oh bet they like to hear that. your not into showing off your car, bet the sponsors like that too. dude your a troll going around causing rucus in the forum. take mazoo car he has by far the best z around and proudly advertises for his sponsors behalf. mazoo's car has like 6 figures in retail parts and costs of labor. i bet a good chunk is coming out of his pocket. looks is not my main goal motor work will be next, f/I specifically. not hating on you cause theres nothing there. geez v3 kit more like IMATATION. if you call loving to mod your cars and helping people out is being a nerd then proud of it. you come off as a real tool. why don't you relax a bit. i've read most of your post and you come off as a very crass person. not once have you mentioned who your sponsor is. oh yeah becareful which manufaturer, distibuter, or even vendor cause i or my friends can verify it. g/l on your version 3 kit. and welcome to cali when you get here. scout for my sponsor my @$$. you go and flame alot of people i'm just returning the favor. wlecome to the forum bud.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:27 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by mazzoo
Very well said.
Look this is probably the most asked question I get even more then questions about my car. I always tell people to work their but off and don't look for free stuff. Most companies will not give you free stuff. There is one word that will help you out the most and that word is "Network". Companies are hounded day after day form people that want product. For the most part you will not get much of anything unless someone, the company trust, backs you up. And even then you will have to show them you are willing to drop money into your car yourself.
You must first ask yourself if you’re even ready to get sponsors. I don't mean is your car ready I mean are you ready. After you get sponsors everything changes. This fun hobby becomes more like a job. You have responsibilities to your sponsors to go to shows and get your car in mags. You have to push their products and conduct yourself in a professional manner when their name is on your car. If you look bad they look bad. You cannot just look at sponsorships as cheap or free products.
well said mazoo thats why i mod the car cause i love it. may take a bit longer to complete but at least will not have the stress on fulfiling comitments. BTW love the car you do great work. hope my car will ba half as good as yours.

virg
Old 06-02-2005, 01:44 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

... Basically engine work done. SO unless you see the inside or engine, it is almost bone stock. Not flaming anyone but I dont have the time to sit here and put pics on the computer when I am awful with websites and such. Your so interested how about you and the other nerd can come to my house and we can show off our Z's in a race? or would that be to much of an adrenaline rush for you and you would need your ritilan?
OUTBURZT

Trader Rating: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo33
hey bro still waiting for you pocs of the ride. someone that is sponsored and showed his car should do the sponsors a favor and show the pics on the forum. still waiting or were you all talk.

I hope you know i just but my car and only my speakers and intake are in. My body kit is still even stuck in brooklyn. Plus I am researching the parts. I dont want a stevie wonder b-kit.LMAO

this guy is funny he is calling me out for a race cause his motor work is done. but the pm he sends me say he only has intake done so far. what a tool. you stated you'll be moving down here soon. i'll wait till you move done here and take it to the track. so wanna race a f/i z, squeezing z, or an all motor z. you want drift, drag, or solo. or did you want to race numerous daily/street driven 11 second hondas. give it up bro you screwed yourself.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:28 AM
mazzoo

OUTBURZT you make me laugh. You have the fastest car here. Damn you’re so funny. Unless your Z is making 1000whp or more I don't think you have the fastest car. Now about not telling us who your sponsors are. You don't know the first thing about promoting your sponsors. You should want to tell everyone who sponsors your car. That’s the idea. If you’re having problems posting a picture then email it to me and I will post it up for you. Its not hard I posted some of mine below to show you I know how. Here is my email address: chris@team16niss.net

Old 06-02-2005, 04:41 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well now, when did this turn into a "mine is bigger than yours".

There are no 'scouts" for manufacturers, period...it's not how the industry is set up. The way this biz works is who you know, period, and what you bring to the table. If the more people you know the worse it gets, then either you don't know the right people, or you did not make the right impression when you did meet them and are not on their radar. Mazzoo knows this very well, as he has some major players on board with his project.....and even given that, there are LOTS of parts he pays for. However, when he does pay, he hopefully gets a better deal than he normally would. When you add all those discounts up, it can make a big impact in the overall budget. I know this first hand because mazzoo has bought quite a bit of unique items from us, and wherever we could, I gave him a deal. The main reason was because he DID NOT ask me too, because I know the attention the car has received thus far (even prior to its completion) and because we (surprise) know lots of people in common.....one hand washes the other so to speak. I hope he does not think I am out of line in saying so, but even with all his arrangements, I would not even blink to guess that he has spent, out of pocket, at least double what the car actually cost him.....and again keep in mind he HAS sponsors. Another example of this is the red Evo currently competing in the Sport Compact Car Ultimate Street Car Challenge. You will not find a more complete, well prepared Evo anywhere in the country, period. And despite some major players that are on board this project as well, the owner ponied up ALOT of cash to get the car where it is - again well in excess of 2x what he paid for the car itself.

This is my full time job - I know most of the manufacturers at this point, having been in the business as long as I have, and still getting sponsorships is/was no easy task. The only 'comp'd" parts I got (as in totally for free) were items we had in stock that I took off the shelf Everything else came at some sort of a discount...some items bigger than others. Either way its an out of pocket expense

Don't build the car hoping to get sponsored...its the quickest way to have a really bad time doing it. Build it the way you want, with your "vision". If you want to then try to get exposure, do the shows, or do the races, whatever your bag is. Have fun doing it though
Old 06-02-2005, 05:19 AM
nicolaycastro

this thread is great, once more this is another great example of how to lie in internet and get caught!!!

like you nerds get all happy when you see THOSE DAM smiley faces.

Here are your smily faces

But this ones fit you the most:
Old 06-02-2005, 07:31 AM
OUTBURZT

LMAO @ teh nerds. ALL you guys are tools> I said motorcross and not autocross. Your an idiot. I meant motorcross. Not autocross. I drag race my car, not autocross. I did not say I had the fastest car here. I said mine was faster than nismo33. Which isnt hard to beat because he says in his sig its bone stock. Just you guys saying that I have a crap car and not a Z is Hilarious. Shows how immature you guys are. If i was 15 i would go take pics of my daddys Z or a Z at the dealship but what DO i have to prove to some nerds on a forum that have nothing to do but read ALL my posts then respond here
Old 06-02-2005, 07:34 AM
OUTBURZT

Whoever said sponsers dont have scouts must not have sponsers. You never heard of word of mouth? You sign someone up then you get a bonus torwards your co-op? OH wait now all the jealous nerds are going to get mad cuz I am saying stuff they never heard of.
The funniest thing was one of you nerds thought I meant autocross? BTW its not for dirtbikes its for ATV's also. You little boys can say whatever you want but all I said in teh first place was that I cna help teh dude out if he needs a sponser.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:36 AM
OUTBURZT

Originally Posted by mazzoo
OUTBURZT you make me laugh. You have the fastest car here. Damn you’re so funny. Unless your Z is making 1000whp or more I don't think you have the fastest car
OK internet tough guy. Find a post right now where I said I have the fastest Z here. GO ahead find that post and copy and paste. OK done with you. Bye now
Old 06-02-2005, 07:38 AM
del105
15 f125

wow

Quick Reply: how do you get sponsored??????????