Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do you get sponsored??????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 12:25 AM
ghost11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you get sponsored??????????

i'm sure you guys think this is a stupid question, but seriously, i've always wondered, is it just knowing the right people, or winning shows, or what?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:22 AM
racerbob4

There are several ways. Contact businesses whose product you use and write them a letter telling them how great their product works on your car and about any events that you participate in where your car with their name or decal will be on display.

Contact any business where you take your car for service and tell them how you can help them sell more cars or more services.

Contact all your friends who have any contact with a potential sponsor and ask for any advice or if they can refer you to an potential sponsor.

Marry money.

Inherit money.

Get a good education and a good job that pays money.

Keep one thing in mind, your main approach is "what you can do for them" not what they can do for you, they already know what they can do for you or they have a good idea. Don't be suprised if you get turned down a lot because you wil, persistence and patience will win. Good luck
Old 06-01-2005, 09:10 AM
OUTBURZT

I am a scout for my sponser. Soon as I bought my Z i tried getting sponsered and WAAMMO. Like a glove. P.M. me with your City State and zipcode and I can see if i can send u a sponser package. That simple
Old 06-01-2005, 09:17 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by OUTBURZT
I am a scout for my sponser. Soon as I bought my Z i tried getting sponsered and WAAMMO. Like a glove. P.M. me with your City State and zipcode and I can see if i can send u a sponser package. That simple
sounds like that sponsor.com web page that asks you to pay to gain access to some network that doesn't really work out. offers you possible sponsorships but all it end ou to be a retail outlet and the prices are crap. best bet is mod your car, go to shows, get hook up with a crew, talk to vendor, and pray. here in socal so many nice cars and all came from out of pocket. my car is not sponsored but get decent pricing on parts.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be your own sponsor. Seem to me that most turbo car will get more chance for being sponsor.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:24 AM
OUTBURZT

[QUOTE=nismo33]sounds like that sponsor.com web page that asks you to pay to gain access to some network that doesn't really work out. offers you possible sponsorships but all it end ou to be a retail outlet and the prices are crap. best bet is mod your car, go to shows, get hook up with a crew, talk to vendor, and pray. here in socal so many nice cars and all came from out of pocket. my car is not sponsored but get decent pricing on parts.

INcorrect. I dont even know what you are talking about. Where did you learn how to type/speak english ? Anyways, you go to a minumum of 4 events, wear there vinyls, take them off after, order parts, get them at cost or free, and the catch is your location and car. Scince we all have z's and not civics its rather easy ot get a sponser.

BTW why is your car like 25 different blacks? Ray Charles do your body work?
Old 06-01-2005, 10:28 AM
OUTBURZT

Originally Posted by Bubble
be your own sponsor. Seem to me that most turbo car will get more chance for being sponsor.
If you have a turbo Z whats the point in a sponser? You can afford a TT but you cant afford to get a new steering wheel? LMAO at your own sponser. Just cuz you keep getting deined doesnt meen you have to hate on anyone else.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:37 AM
NourZ

Do you know people in Toronto?
Old 06-01-2005, 10:39 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

yeah sure buddy. as far as my grammar never passed the 3rd grade. ray charles painted my carbon fiber INGS N-Spec kit, INGS CF Hood, and INGS low mount GT wing. I'd like to see you get a sponsor here in Cali. One of the most popular cars to mod is the Z. Now for the next sema show RX-8 is what they are looking for. Not much in the way of manufacturers offering free stuff. some of the deals are at huge discounts and thats about it. for someone that talks pretty confident lets see your ride. exactly which manufacturer are you a scout for? here are better shots of the carbon fiber kit, or as you say the multi black ray charles look.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

If you have a turbo Z whats the point in a sponser? You can afford a TT but you cant afford to get a new steering wheel? LMAO at your own sponser. Just cuz you keep getting deined doesnt meen you have to hate on anyone else.
Stop beeing a tool. For most of the thread all you have been doing is flaming people. Most people can either afford going turbo or go for aesthetics. What are your sponsors? APC, Seibon, Vis, or some of the crap that comes out of ebay?
Old 06-01-2005, 10:55 AM
iLLestJrz

INcorrect. I dont even know what you are talking about. Where did you learn how to type/speak english ?
BTW why is your car like 25 different blacks? Ray Charles do your body work?
Sounds like someone woke up from the wrong side of the bed this morning. And its pretty obvious, the different shade of black is CF.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:03 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by ghost11
i'm sure you guys think this is a stupid question, but seriously, i've always wondered, is it just knowing the right people, or winning shows, or what?
hey ghost to answer you question better

start showing up on the show circuit and try to network there with other people in the industry. i use to work in the industry for a small after market brake manufacturer as a warehouse manager. so long ago. anyway its hard to get sponsors and even partial sponsorships without developing a relationship with vendors and manufacturers. ask any of the oldschoolers what they had to do and i can say majority of them will say it took a lot of money and time. seriously do it cause you love it and not just to get free stuff. you'll find it very frustrating if all you are trying to do is get free stuff. establish yourself and build great relationships. Down the line it will pay off.

in regards to i'm a scout for my sponsor. there was a program out there where you had to pay a fee to be registered in there data base. all you get for the $50-$70 "registration fee" was a bunch of useless stickers and a catalog of parts you can purchase for higher than the street price. if thats what you call a sponsor more power to you. if you are actually connected with a manufacturer/vendor congratulations to you. for the most part nothing in life is free, except for what your mama gave ya.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:26 AM
nickgundara

What a tool-shed. I cant stand haters.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

OUTBURZT still waiting for your pics of the ride. someone that is sponsored and showed his car should do the sponsors a favor and show the pics on the forum. still waiting or were you all talk.

Last edited by nismo33; 06-01-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:25 PM
NourZ

WAAMMO. Like a glove.
are you being sponsered by O.J.Simpson?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by nourarnaout
are you being sponsered by O.J.Simpson?

just got it...too funny bro
Old 06-01-2005, 03:03 PM
nickgundara

"If it dont fit, you must acquit." - The late Johnny Cochran
Old 06-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I'll give you the straight scoop - at this point in the cycle of this car, its not likely to happen. The Z is going on its 3rd year at SEMA this year, and there is very little that can be done from a "unique" perspective to the car (from a marketing point of view). The time to have obtained sponsors was in 02 and into 03...beyond that, and the best you can hope for are discounts from a vendor you are perpetually loyal to - and that's after you make some heavy investments in rare parts in the first place

Forget the sponsorship websites, etc....they are essentially MLM plans and the "deals" ai't worth the paper they are written on. True sponsorships, be they discounts, or comped items, comes from being an active participant on the show scene and/or the race scene and after a fairly heavy personal investment in mods.

.....and yes, I am sponsored (by outside companies aside from my shop), so I speak from first hand knowledge, having been in the scene longer than most
Old 06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Zexy

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Well, I'll give you the straight scoop - at this point in the cycle of this car, its not likely to happen. The Z is going on its 3rd year at SEMA this year, and there is very little that can be done from a "unique" perspective to the car (from a marketing point of view).
I totally disagree.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you certainly can, but being in the industry and knowing what I know, its the overwhelming guiding mentality right now from the marketing departments eyes.

Quick Reply: how do you get sponsored??????????