Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED's Are Finally Here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 12:46 PM
Brad4rdHay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KaiKai,

It seems that Strictly Z was considering the metal finish ones....what that means exactly I don't know. MY advice, have Wad cut a simple overlay peice with the three holes that you could just glue on over the amber plastic peice. If done perfectly it could look great.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:14 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my design plan for the clear bumper lights.

I probably won't work on it till 1st quarter 2003.
It will consist of white and amber LEDs, and I will
tap into the turnsignal and sidemarker lights.

I think it's easier said than done because I do
not know what the wires look like, and how
to access the headlights easily.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:20 PM
GATORZ

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by GATORZ
Stupid Question...but. Is the price for the pair or each?

Dan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pair

Thanks Victor. Next question. Is it true that you need to remove the front bumper to install the LED's?

Dan
Old 12-03-2002, 04:24 PM
calc1

Default clear, please & how about install?

I HATE amber anywhere on the front of the car. I'd be very interested in clears, but would like more info about the installation in terms of wiring, difficulty, etc.

Of course, I have to get my car before I'll be ready to buy.

cal
Old 12-04-2002, 08:37 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by droidekaus
Man! Those are totally sweet! $85 sounds like a great price too. What say you, skidazzle? Install party at your house?
i want to get my clear corners done. if so, then we can have a party... there will be front bumpers all over the lawn.

m
Old 12-04-2002, 10:20 PM
InternetABYSS

count me in on the lawn party.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:10 PM
rouxeny

I installed the regular clears with the help of vicmar90 a few weeks ago. He had already taken his bumper off, so he was pretty experienced.

Basically, it's pretty easy once you get over the fear of breaking your baby. There are some pins on the top of the bumper that you have to pry out. This part is pretty scary. Then, there are a few 10mm bolts beneath the bumper, easy, then finally some screws within the wheelwell. To be honest, vicmar90 did this part so I can't really comment on how difficult it was, but he got it done pretty quickly.

If you have the help of somebody who's taken the bumper off before, it'll be a breeze. A side markers party is a pretty good way to go.

Yuichi, would the clear ones have amber lights? I assume so....
Old 12-05-2002, 07:23 PM
Yuichi

Basically, it's pretty easy once you get over the fear of breaking your baby. There are some pins on the top of the bumper that you have to pry out. This part is pretty scary. Then, there are a few 10mm bolts beneath the bumper, easy, then finally some screws within the wheelwell. To be honest, vicmar90 did this part so I can't really comment on how difficult it was, but he got it done pretty quickly.
Rouxeny,

You said it perfectly. Once you get over the fears of taking off your front bumper its a breeze. I can take mine on and off in about 20-30 min now I bet.

As for the clear sidemarkers. I think it would be ideal to have Amber LED's but some people have asked for white. We will be doing the AMBER for sure though. Keep in mind that these LED's are clear until they light up!

Hope you guys enjoy those LED's I want to see pictures of different colored Z's with them installed!
Old 12-05-2002, 09:16 PM
rouxeny

If they light up amber, I'm definitely in. It's too cold here now to take the bumper off, but when I can, I'll send in my clears.

Now, what do I do with my orange sides?
Old 12-06-2002, 05:40 AM
vicmar90

Andrew, I'm with you here. Once the weather gets better we will set up a day to do this. I'm sure well zip through this plus I am going to be buying a good set of tools soon so we should breeze through. We'll keep in touch.

I definitely want the LED's clear that light up amber when turned on.
Victor
Old 12-06-2002, 06:35 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my set in the mail yesterday. Thanks Yuichi! Ordered Tue, rec. Thu! Now if I only had a car to put them on. They look very nice and the mod is clean. They came with detailed photo instructions on removing the bumper and splicing them into the city lights. I'll try to post some pics tonight, for those that wanted to see them close up, unlit. There are three small holes drilled in the face of the reflector at the points of the molded "Z dots" where the LEDs are placed. They are really not noticable from a normal viewing distance and appear very close to stock when not lit. The LEDs are clear and light up amber. Looks like the reason they did this instead of embedding the LEDs within the reflector is to get the three pinpoint dots of light when lit, otherwise, the light would be more diffuse and light the whole reflector up. All that protrudes from the back of the stock assembly are the two wires that that splice into the city lights and a couple of vampire clips. All cross-wiring for the LEDs and any resistors (if there are any) are concealed within the assembly. Overall, I'm impressed and very happy with the purchase. I might splice them in on my current car just to see them lit.

On another note, as I was confirming my order with Yuichi via e-mail, I brought up the possibility of the upper tail light mod some of us were interested in and directed him to the thread on it. He e-mailed me back saying he thought it over and liked the idea; they now have a set of tail lights on order to start development. He said he'd keep us posted.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:58 AM
vicmar90

Look forward to seeing your pictures tonight.
Victor
Old 12-09-2002, 06:47 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

bumper how-to

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....7&goto=newpost