Sponsored by:

New EVO-R Dry Carbon Fiber Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 02:40 PM
joust75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BriA5
LaidbackRacr, Joust75:

Have you tried fitting your kits yet? How do they seem?
Mine test fit okay. I had to take a dremel to the shifter cover. I also had to dremel the lower side edges on the center console piece. The kit looks good but I have quite a few small areas where there are air bubbles and little lint pieces stuck in the finish. The Cf looks great but I am definitely a little dissapointed in the finish.

I dont mind having to dremel it down but I dont know what to do about the laquer bubbles and imperfections.

The kit is not on yet. I have more work to do.

On the good side I finally had another reason to pick up a dremel. They are cool little tools. Definitely a handy item to have around!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:07 PM
LaidbackRacr

How are you dremeling and not messing up the finish? Didn't know if you masked it off. I've had to modify CF hoods but not dash kits before. I also have air bubble issues Jay wants me to take pics, hopefully its only on the one piece, I haven't check the rest of the kit that well yet.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:19 PM
joust75

Originally Posted by LaidbackRacr
How are you dremeling and not messing up the finish? Didn't know if you masked it off. I've had to modify CF hoods but not dash kits before. I also have air bubble issues Jay wants me to take pics, hopefully its only on the one piece, I haven't check the rest of the kit that well yet.
I dremel the edges not the actual finish itself. It sands away easily without cracking the edges.

Hey Jay, since my fitment is a little off I am worried that the 3m tape will not be strong enough. Can you let me know if you think it is strong enough to hold down.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:03 PM
LaidbackRacr

Just got done test Fitting and all seems decent, though I dunno how I am going to use my AC vents as it kinda hits them. Anyone else have this issue? There are little bubbles in certain parts, and some require a little sanding (sand paper provided) Tomorrow is the big day so I will keep you all posted and take pics when finished. I think this kit once perfected will be the best out, btw piece around shifter fits FLAWLESS. And Jay has been in constant communication with me. Thanks again Jay
Old 08-19-2005, 07:53 PM
mono11

i'm not tring to say nothing bad in fact i would rather have my kit then not haviing it. i mean if it's just a lil sanding is no big deal , i have a dermel any way. so jay i just feel bad cuz , u have all this guyz not happy about it, but what i hear form everyone her ur a good guy so i thrust u buddy. allso did u get the AT part this week?
Old 08-20-2005, 11:49 AM
LaidbackRacr

Ok Guys got my kit all installed and overall looks very nice, did require dremeling (THANK GOD FOR ROTOZIP ) I will be taking pictures a little later. I did have some minor issues that Jay seems very willing to help with. Thank you again Jay, I am confident that once these little issues are worked out this is going to be the single greatest kit for our Z's.

Worse part about this mod was that while fitting driver side cf overlay I managed to hit the lock button (and didn't realize it) so i managed to lock my only set of keys inside my car in my own garage. This resulted in 60 dollar locksmith bill Yep Im retarded
Old 08-20-2005, 12:43 PM
mono11

lol thats cool, can't wait to see the pix, do a close up on the modify part.
hey Jay did u get the AT cover for the last 3 of us?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:16 PM
vitaminZ

Default posted this elsewhere as well

This is a repost from another thread i started. BTW, Jay is in constant communication with me, i can't say anything negative about his customer service.

Finally received my dash kit this past thursday and installed it on friday night and saturday morning. almost didn't receive it because it was accidently sent to some address that wasn't mine. luckily i caught it in time and the post office was able to bring it back before it was returned to sender.

first off, the packaging was fine, no problems with that. the carbon fiber weave was pretty good except for a hazy area on the piece that surrounds the shifter (i am working with JDMZ33 on this issue). the kit fit very well with some minor adjustments. one part that i couldn't adjust/fix was one of the corners that came up a little short (piece that surrounds the shifter). the top dash piece and the lower shifter piece mated well, this was my main concern prior to receiving the kit.

the install was not difficult and required some dremeling, no too tough though. I expected to make some adjustments so i was not upset. some of the pieces showed white where the CF was cut, i just blackened the edges with a black sharpie, no big deal. before i forget, i had to dremel the area around the left ac vent tab, just the left! not noticeable though, woks fine now, it was getting hung up a bit on the CF dash kit. overall i am happy with the kit, it looks sharp!

oh ya, the door swith cover fit pretty good as well, i had no issues with them other that i had to use the dremel (door lock openin) on the passenger side cover. i will get pics of the door switch covers later. for now, here are the pics i have so for courtesy of backagain and his Nikon D70.

***the problem areas are not seen in the below pics because of the lighting and focus of the pics taken. i will post some pics soon of the problem areas.***

Last edited by vitaminZ; 08-21-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:52 PM
BriA5

Lookin' good!
Old 08-21-2005, 04:15 PM
itsjoshufocker

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anybody know how much the complete package costs? is there a package with the carbon fiber covers for the side mirrors?
Old 08-21-2005, 05:21 PM
vitaminZ

Originally Posted by itsjoshufocker
anybody know how much the complete package costs? is there a package with the carbon fiber covers for the side mirrors?
http://www.evo-r.net/product/CF_INT/page_01.htm
Old 08-21-2005, 06:30 PM
itsjoshufocker

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

am i missing something? there are prices for the individual parts, but im looking for the whole package deal..
Old 08-22-2005, 02:41 AM
BriA5

There used to be an option for the "package deal" right at the top of the page. Now it appears you have to add them up as individual parts. This does give you a little more flexability though.

(I seem to remember something about the package deal pricing expiring in mid August)
Old 08-22-2005, 04:51 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BriA5
How did Mike's (Leemik) kit fit well in the spots in question if the others are causing problems?
Mine seems to be fine where the gauges are.. The two vents are a little bit tight but I can still move them around fine.. The only real problem I had was with the bottom lip on the center piece.. It just was not straight and had to be dremeled where the driver side vent is..

--miks
Old 08-22-2005, 05:28 AM
Obey The D

Has anyone heard from Jay in the past few days? I sent him a pm 2 days ago but I have not heard from him.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:24 AM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

I'm here to answer all the questions. All PM email answered. =)
Old 08-23-2005, 05:46 AM
Obey The D

Originally Posted by JDMZ33
I'm here to answer all the questions. All PM email answered. =)
Jay,

I sent you another PM yesterday. Please get back to me.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Obey The D

Originally Posted by mono11
i'm not tring to say nothing bad in fact i would rather have my kit then not haviing it. i mean if it's just a lil sanding is no big deal , i have a dermel any way. so jay i just feel bad cuz , u have all this guyz not happy about it, but what i hear form everyone her ur a good guy so i thrust u buddy. allso did u get the AT part this week?
Looking back on my previous post, I did sound a little harsh and I wouldn't want to change anyone's mind who was thinking of picking one up. Aside from some of the fitment issues, it's a great kit overall. Hell, even my wife commented about how nice it was.

I bit the bullet and went out and bought a dremel. Sanding some of the pieces I was having issues with was a piece of cake.

Last edited by Obey The D; 08-23-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:04 PM
LaidbackRacr

I'm sure Jay appreciates that, this has I'm sure been a learning experience for us all. And Jays excellent customer service has helped us through this time. I can't say enough about the guy, I will post some pics tonight of my kit (I finally took some pics) Thanks again Jay
Old 08-23-2005, 12:40 PM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been following this thread since the beginning, and I must say that Jay is very professional. Although there may be some imperfections in the kits, he is willing to work with his customers to make it right, which says a lot about a person/company.

I'm sure a lot of people have seen this thread and have witnessed your excellent customer service and your wonderful unique products. Even though I didn't buy this kit from Evo-R, I wouldn't hesitate to buy products from you in the future. Keep up the good work Jay!

Quick Reply: New EVO-R Dry Carbon Fiber Dash Kit