Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorsports wing

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
pvknight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorsports wing

Does anyone have experience with Motorsports or zcarparts?

I really like the fiberglass spoilers that they offer and need some feedback on installation, quality, and durability.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 08-09-2005, 10:27 AM
illudezion

+1
i been wondering the same thing!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:41 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

wow... That looks nice!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:17 PM
B-Unit

Yeah thats a popular spoiler, dont think anyone on here has taken the plunge on one tho! be the first!!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:47 PM
pvknight

Originally Posted by B-Unit
...be the first!!
requires saving a cool $280 + tax + paint & prep.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:29 PM
z33chillin

any updates on this
Old 04-29-2006, 06:59 AM
arizzee

Well, that's the wing I bought a while back. I still haven't installed it. I had a shipping problem on the original one they sent. The tips weren't padded correctly for shipping and were pretty chewed up by time it arrived. They were quick to send my replacement, which arrived in better packaging but still had a small chip in one tip. It will need a little rework before installing. I should point out that I'm a perfectionist about these things; the chip is very small.

I plan to install it in the next few weeks. I post more impressions as I go.

BTW, they sell a cf version now. Probably would have bought that if it was available at the time.

Last edited by arizzee; 05-01-2006 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Motorsposrts Daytona Wing, which is kinda similar and I also am waiting to get it painted and put on but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to use it or get a different wing or no wing at all.

What do you want to know about it/them?

The quality of mine is excellent, though the right side while resting on the hatch, sits a tad ( 1/16" max) higher than the left which would go away when it's bolted on, I'm sure

Last edited by Chad68; 04-29-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:07 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try to get some pics of these wings this weekend. I really like the Daytona, may even pick it up this weekend if it will fit in the car with all my other junk.

Chris
Old 04-30-2006, 02:04 PM
1z4u2c

Default motorsports lemans

in my opinion this is the hands down best looking aftermarket wing for the 350z...period!
It follows the line of the z perfectly.this is the wing that nissan designers should have designed for this car..
My lemans wing fit perfectly, except the instructions are generic and the bolt holes in the wing will end up being right over and very close to the plastic liner on the hatch. you have to be aware of the plastics location so you won't drill outside it.
If i had it all to do over again i would have only taped it.
<>

Last edited by 1z4u2c; 04-30-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:12 PM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by 1z4u2c
in my opinion this is the hands down best looking aftermarket wing for the 350z...period!
It follows the line of the z perfectly.this is the wing that nissan designers should have designed for this car..
My lemans wing fit perfectly, except the instructions are generic and the bolt holes in the wing will end up being right over and very close to the plastic liner on the hatch. you have to be aware of the plastics location so you won't drill outside it.
Can you post some pics? Be nice to see it on a different color...
Old 05-01-2006, 08:46 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Well, I went down to the motorsprts show and did not see a single motorsports wing (daytona or lemans) on a Z. It was a Nismo (and replica) wing convention though.

I did end up buying the Daytona though but they are going to have to ship it because they only had one and it was already spoken for. I get the shipping for free though so it's not to big deal and I didn't have to pack it back.

I'll post pics when I get it done but it's probably not going to be done for another month.

Chris
Old 05-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the wing I was going to get, but then I started looking at the Blitz wing, but now you've got me looking at this wing again, especially since its in my color.

CAn you pleeeeeasse take a couple more pics? Maybe one the from the side, one from straight behind, and an angle shot? Thanks!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Chad68

<>
It looks like daffy Ducks bill.

Kidding, it's nice.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Chad68

<>

Isn't the Lemans a little big to tape on?

I believe it is a little heavier than my Daytona. I thought about 3M taping mine but I think it's too heavy for tape only. My biggest concern is that the tape won't adhere to the spoiler good enough. I'm pretty sure it will stick ok to a wax free paint but the spoiler doesn't have a smooth enough surafce to get good adhesion.