Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Yellow Blues

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Maizzze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ultra Yellow Blues

So I bought a UY Enthusiast in February of this year and blacked out the windows, so with the black interior I think it looks pretty sweet. Well, like I said, I think it looks pretty sweet... but I've gotten more **** from everyone for the choice of color than I've even gotten for it being Japanese (I live in the Detroit area, but that's for another thread).

Now, I make a lot of fun of those people driving around in Crown Victoria's with Landau tops, or the newest Montel Carlo with it's "warped in the sun" rear fascia, or beater trucks with spoilers on the tailgate... Clearly these people think that their car is cool or else they wouldn't do it. But MOST of the rest of the world just laughs at them.

So, the question to the forum is, is a yellow Z one of those cars that a few of us somehow like but the rest of the world just sort of shakes their colllective heads at? I typically have good taste, as far as I can tell, but did yellow on cars somehow fly under the radar?

Last edited by Maizzze; 09-02-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Dildorado

I LOVE the yellow Z, wish they made the roadster in yellow here in Canada. The only thing that bugs me about such a flamboyant color is the resale value and ease of resale.

That color isn't for everyone. If you love it, good for you, screw the haters, they're just having a hard time finding a flaw to your awesome ride so they pick on the color. I don't think any other color gets more looks than the yellow Z and it's a wicked nice color with the metal flakes.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too love the ultra yellow - it's a sports car for goodness sake not a four door sedan.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:32 PM
taurran

UY is a great color on the Z. I think it will be one of the more rare colors in the long run.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:29 PM
PapaTango

Screw'em. Why buy a car like the "Z" that is so extroverted and then paint it some "normal' color. I like it that I'm not passing myself everytime I meet a silver/black/white/red 350Z on the road. Almost every vehicle manufacturer has yellow as a paint choice (well, maybe not Rolls Royce or Jaguar). There is a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo here in town that I've seen from time to time and I guarantee you nobody is laughing at that car!!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:45 PM
old_s13

yellow is a nice color, i like it.

although i would probably never own a yellow car, mostly because its not my type of color.. doesnt fit my personality. i like subtle cars and colors, almost everything i wear or own is black, white, grey.. so it really comes down to the person.

mike / clearcorners.com
Old 09-02-2005, 03:39 PM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yellow is yellow man... we drive real sports cars! not a freakin beetle or somethin... dont let them get to you.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:52 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Yellow is for the ones that want to be seen It is a nice color. Does it have a pearl?
Old 09-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Blue Komodo

The yellow will also be the rarest colour, aswell as one of the nicest.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:02 PM
HokieZ

Stay with the Yellow. I hate yellow cars in anything but a true exotic but love it on the Z.

Keep it
Old 09-02-2005, 04:07 PM
liquidsilver350

finally saw my first ul in whiteplains ny.....loved it!
Old 09-02-2005, 04:08 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know how rare the UY will really be. I've only seen one Liquid Aluminum in person but dozens of UY Zs, especially on roadsters.

2005 seems to be the year of the yellow car and truck. It's like every car manufacturer has decided that it's the "next big thing" and offers a vehicle in yellow. I've seen new mustangs, s2Ks, dodge pickup trucks and even a spray can painted 80's toyota sedan recently. If you want something unique, I'm not sure that yellow is going to be it. Reminds me of the turquoise color that Honda Accords started back in the early 90's that within a year or two, you saw a variation available from every car manufacturer.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:08 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Trade ya???
Old 09-02-2005, 07:15 PM
TiPIACE

a yellow car here in Aus is considered to be somewhat OTP attention seeking. A color someone having a mid life crisis would buy or a young girl who just got her license on a new Hyandai or Kia

imo yellow doesnt work unless ur driving a Lambo or Ferrari, maybe a Porsche

but thats Aus.....things may be different in the US
Old 09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maizzze
So I bought a UY Enthusiast in February of this year and blacked out the windows, so with the black interior I think it looks pretty sweet. Well, like I said, I think it looks pretty sweet... but I've gotten more **** from everyone for the choice of color than I've even gotten for it being Japanese (I live in the Detroit area, but that's for another thread).

Now, I make a lot of fun of those people driving around in Crown Victoria's with Landau tops, or the newest Montel Carlo with it's "warped in the sun" rear fascia, or beater trucks with spoilers on the tailgate... Clearly these people think that their car is cool or else they wouldn't do it. But MOST of the rest of the world just laughs at them.

So, the question to the forum is, is a yellow Z one of those cars that a few of us somehow like but the rest of the world just sort of shakes their colllective heads at? I typically have good taste, as far as I can tell, but did yellow on cars somehow fly under the radar?
I get compliments all day long in my UY Z. Its a younger, more attention, chest beating color. Its part of the reason ive felt so intense about modding out my car. Yellow cars need to be the business to back up the color. The Z looks outstanding in yellow. Never planned on buying that color, wanted the blue but the yellow happened to be parked right next to it and i couldnt look away. In short yellow>all else.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Faizei

I get an equal amount of compliments as I do negative remarks. However, I still love my UY Z. This is the reason why I bought the Z and not the G35. The yellow is the best color on the Z in my opinion.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:43 PM
pacfwu

[QUOTE=PapaTango]Screw'em. Why buy a car like the "Z" that is so extroverted and then paint it some "normal' color. I like it that I'm not passing myself everytime I meet a silver/black/white/red 350Z on the road. [QUOTE]

+1

that's why I traded in my '04 SB. Wanted something with more flair.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Chicken

You have to realize that Yellow is a somewhat different color as far as cars go. While there are plenty of cars that offer yellow, there is a reason that you don't see them all over the road. It's not as popular as some of the other colors, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Someone mentioned Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, etc., and in general I can't think of a car I didn't like yellow (though I'm not a fan of yellow Ferraris).

It looks good on the Z, I wouldn't worry too much about what others think, so long as you like it. I realize others' opinions might affect your feelings about it, but I wouldn't let it get to you.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:10 PM
lzaffuto

It's one of those polarizing colors. Lemans Sunset seems to be the same way. People either absolutely love it or they detest it. It's not one of those colors that people just shrug their shoulders and say "meh".
Old 09-03-2005, 06:45 PM
skirby015

Yellow is hott!!! People hate cause they dont have the guts to get one...there too scared what other people say. Its a sports car and is made to be seen not blend in. With that said...heres my Z!!!

Quick Reply: Ultra Yellow Blues