Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veilside Hood Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 01:48 PM
sundevil67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veilside Hood Nightmare

I bought a Veilside version 3 hood back in Feb/March of this year, and was a little miffed that I was going to have to wait until May to receive it. I ordered it through WOTM in Arizona (bad idea). When it finally arrived at my body shop somewhere around August/September (apparently it got stuck in customs), it didn't fit my car, and the hood was in horrible shape, requiring a lot of "refinishing". Anyway, my dealer promised me that he would have Veilside pick up the hood at the body shop and replace it with another after making sure to test fit the new one. Veilside said that it was likely damaged during shipping. A few more months go by and I hear nothing except excuses, and I was told that the hood had been picked up, but since there were no more fiberglass version 3's available, I would be getting the more expensive carbon fiber version instead. That isn't really what I wanted, but I said OK. One day last month I decided to call my body shop and check on the status of some other things, and they tell me that they are out of business, there is some clearing company getting everything out of there, and that I'd better show up NOW to retreive any parts I have there. The ***** part is that I already paid to have the hood mounted and painted as apart of a previous job, but they couldn't complete it because the hood didn't fit. Anyway, I went down to the shop to retreive some things, and out of the corner of my eye, what do I see but the old hood sitting in the corner collecting dust. It had never been picked up, and had been completely forgotten. If I didn't show up that day, it would have been thrown out. I rented a cargo van and brought it home. I called WOTM, and he told me that Veilside had sent a freight company there to pick it up, but that the pickup was refused somehow. Yet no one decided to mention this to me before now. Soooo, now I have a hood that doesn't fit in my garage, that I've already paid to have mounted and installed (not to mention the $60 I had to pay to rent a van that day), and I have no idea what to do next. I told my dealer that it needs to be replaced or I need my money back, and the latest excuse was that I can get it replaced after "everyone comes back from SEMA". I am getting extremely annoyed here, as it is approaching a year since I bought this thing and I am out over a thousand bucks already. Great customer service, eh? I just thought I would vent here and see if

(a) anyone else got a damaged version 3 hood from that shipment
(b) anyone had any recommendations on what i should do next
Old 11-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn that sux dude...I just hope everything works out for you soon...

Good luck.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Git-R-Done

Someone please chime in and say knockoffs suck..This is the reason I will never buy Veilside...Sorry to hear your troubles man...
Old 11-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Chicken

Originally Posted by Git-R-Done
Someone please chime in and say knockoffs suck..
Someone's just going to post to that comment. Doesn't make *any* sense.
Originally Posted by sundevil67
I ordered it through WOTM in Arizona (bad idea).
Were they an authorized dealer of any sort? Maybe there's no such thing, but if so, you'd be in better shape.
Anyway, my dealer promised me that he would have Veilside pick up the hood at the body shop and replace it with another after making sure to test fit the new one. Veilside said that it was likely damaged during shipping.
"Veilside said..." was this directly from them?
I called WOTM, and he told me that Veilside had sent a freight company there to pick it up, but that the pickup was refused somehow. Yet no one decided to mention this to me before now.
You can still reach WOTM. See if you can figure out why the pickup was "refused" and if there actually was *ever* an attempt. It almost sounds like there never was.
I told my dealer that it needs to be replaced or I need my money back, and the latest excuse was that I can get it replaced after "everyone comes back from SEMA". I am getting extremely annoyed here, as it is approaching a year since I bought this thing and I am out over a thousand bucks already.
Let them know that by the time they get back from SEMA, you'll already have filed papers against them. They have 24 hours to call you and make arrangements.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:57 PM
sundevil67

Default CF Painting

Originally Posted by nitrouz
damn that sux dude...I just hope everything works out for you soon...

Good luck.

Looks like you have the carbon fiber version - I like it, but I think I would want to paint mine the same color as my car (chrome silver) - is there any problem painting the CF versions? (that's if I ever get it)
Old 11-10-2005, 05:58 PM
sundevil67

Default Veilside Hood - Knockoff?

Originally Posted by Git-R-Done
Someone please chime in and say knockoffs suck..This is the reason I will never buy Veilside...Sorry to hear your troubles man...
The Veilside is a knockoff? Of what? I didn't know that...
Old 11-10-2005, 06:01 PM
sundevil67

Thanks for all of the info, Chicken. WOTM is an authorized dealer, but its one guy and not all that responsive in the customer service department. If there was a pick up attempt made, I would assume that before sending an expensive freight company to a body shop that someone would call in advance. I don't know of any reason why it would be refused. The bottom line is that my dealer didn't follow up on this and basically dropped the ball. I am going to contact him in a couple of days and politely request my money back. Hopefully he will just refund my money and I won't end up in front of Judge Judy. Oh, and yes - the hood was supposedly shipped directly from Veilside Japan, which was the excuse for the original delay.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nightmare is right. a whole year??? that's ridiculous!!! good luck in setting things straight. it sounds to me like you're not supposed to have that hood for some reason.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:27 PM
sundevil67

Default Jinxed Z

You're not kidding - something tells me that I'm not supposed to have this car !!

1. Got the 04 model at the end of 03, wrecked it completely when an 83 year old woman blew a red light and T-boned me:

2. Got a new Z, and I crashed into a concrete girder in my parking garage at work - in a hurry and forgot it was there when I was backing out. Smashed the passenger side door.

3. Before I could get that fixed, I got into another wreck:

4. After I finally got the car back, someone slices off my "Z" hood ornament and steals my Stillen mesh grill. Then, the following weekend, someone hocks a loogie into my open window while I was inside the bar for a few minutes.

I am sure there is some other awful luck that I can't remember.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Dan Ketch

ouch, those picks are almost as grusome as the loogie I hocked up.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:38 AM
sundevil67

Now I have a cracked windsheild. This car is one big hex. I guess since I got my license suspended for speeding I shouldn't be driving it anyway though.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sundevil67
Looks like you have the carbon fiber version - I like it, but I think I would want to paint mine the same color as my car (chrome silver) - is there any problem painting the CF versions? (that's if I ever get it)
no problem when you paint CF to match with your car. Many of us had it. You will love it.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:50 AM
sundevil67

I am sure I will, if i ever get the stupid thing. They are still making excuses, and I still have a damaged hood in my garage. The last time I called Veilside they told me that I was in line for the fiberglass version instead of the CF version. They keep changing their mind. They never return my calls, I have to harass them until I reach someone, and they again asked me to run over the old one with my car so that they could make a claim to UPS or whatever freight company they used. They must be out of their minds if they think I am going to commit insurance fraud for them. I actually thought Veilside USA was a reputable and legitimate company, but man was I wrong. This is the most unprofessional outfit I think I have ever dealt with, and I am giving them until about mid-January before I demand my money back.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:02 AM
swifty949

give me the name of who you spoke with at VeilSide. There are two sales guys there, i wanna make sure your calling the right place. If it is true then it will get handled properly. There are people that have had issues with fitment, and VeilSide has ALWAYS replaced defective items, with minimum hassel, what they have asked of you is quite odd. I think the biggest issue you will have is the fact that you bought it from a Non Authorized VeilSide dealer. Only authorized dealers are listed on the official VeilSide website. WOT has never been on that list.

Last edited by swifty949; 12-16-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:15 AM
xtrememan315

sell the z and move somewhere else before it kills you........
Old 12-16-2005, 10:21 AM
sundevil67

Originally Posted by swifty949
give me the name of who you spoke with at VeilSide. There are two sales guys there, i wanna make sure your calling the right place. If it is true then it will get handled properly. There are people that have had issues with fitment, and VeilSide has ALWAYS replaced defective items, with minimum hassel, what they have asked of you is quite odd. I think the biggest issue you will have is the fact that you bought it from a Non Authorized VeilSide dealer. Only authorized dealers are listed on the official VeilSide website. WOT has never been on that list.
I purchase was effected through an authorized Veilside Dealer, I just used a middle man after that. He used MVP Motorsports. I would rather not rat out the guys who I am talking to and risk making this whole thing worse. Maybe after I get the thing or decide I want a refund. There isn't anyone that could pressure me into doing anything illegal, so I am not too worried about it. However even though I may have purchased it through a third party, I am definitely dealing directly with Veilside now, and my opinion about their professionalism and customer service stands until they can prove me wrong.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:33 PM
taurran

My veilside v2 fiberglass hood is a piece of garbage. I bought it from Intense Motorsports and it came warped and totally messed up. Problem is, my idiot installer painted it before he put it on the car. For this reason, I was told by Intense Motorsports that I coudln't return it, There was some major modifcation involved (cutting some of the supports underneath and reglassing them). The hood overall looks like it was the first one ever made at Veilside. You can see spots underneath where they patched the hood with sheets of fiberglass. Im the end, the hood looks decent... but is far from what I would exect from a $700 hood. I will never buy another veilside product again.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:34 AM
sundevil67

Do you have any pics of your car? If the replacement hood I receive is even slightly off-kilter its going back, and I will get a refund. I am starting to think that it isn't even possible to get a good product from this company.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Rayden2001

I bought all my veilside stuff 3 years ago and I didn't have any problems with any of thier stuff except for the fiberglass v1 wing, it flexed too much on higher speeds and they swapped it out for me with a carbonfiber one.
btw I got , v1 bodykit , mirrors, v1 wing, and v3 hood.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:03 PM
FamousYellowZ

last I heard swifty949 worked for Veilside USA and actually is/was Veilside USA so I don't know why he doesn't just take care of you. Possibly he doesn't work for them anymore.

Veilside's body parts usually fit great without any modifications.

Quick Reply: Veilside Hood Nightmare