Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello everyone. I just bought a 350Z and i need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 01:45 PM
indierock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hello everyone. I just bought a 350Z and i need some advice...

Hey everyone. As you have read from the title I have just bought a 2003 350Z track edition. It is the Intergalos Fire color and it has a navigation system. Now I have a list of upgrade that I want to do but I do not know where to start or what to choose. Here is my list thus far:

1. New Chrome Grill: I just purchase one over net. I got the Billet Grill.

2. Need New sound system: I LOVE music. I HATE the sound system in my Z. It sounds like crap and it hurts my ears. What I want is a good clean sound. I listen to alot of rock/alternative and some hip hop So I don't care for TOO Much bass. Like I said I want a clean sound with some punch to it. So I was thinking of getting an Alpine Deck (I have a nice one in my old car), a 4 channel Alpine Amp (again, from my old car), new speakers ( I will have to buy them, so any recommendations), and a 10" Subwoofer ( I'll probably go with a JL Audio), and a 2 channel JL Audio Amp for the Sub (again, from my old car). I really DON"T want to get a box for my sub. Instead I wanted to have it installed behind the drivers' seat like the Bose system is. Is that a good idea? would it work?

3. New Rims. I want to preferably keep the same tires that came with my car which are 18" but I would like to change the Rims. Preferably to some deep dish black rims. I don't want chrome but I want the aluminum/racing ones. (I really dont' want to spend more than $1200 for the wheels) and I need to make sure that they won't create any problems for my car and its performance.

4. And finally I wanted to see if I could change the seats for some leather ones or ones that look and feel more comfortable and nicer. Any recommendations? ( I don't want to spend more than $800 for both seats)

Any information or input would be greatly appreciated. Just to let everyone know I didn't know how to drive stick when i bought this car a few days ago and I learned it in a day. I have had a blast and would not go back to automatic ever again.

Last edited by indierock; 01-13-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:49 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's an '03, it isn't Interlagos Fire, it's Brickyard.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
indierock

thanks for the correction, brickyard then. It looks pretty similiar. Is there a place on the web where i can see the color b/c I am going to be getting leatherseats thru leatherseats.com and i'm trying to come up with a good two-tone color scheme that will compliment the car. I was thinking maroon for the inside lay and black leather for the outside lay. what do you think?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:35 PM
chewy_the_legen

Default Sound

Honestly, the sub in the rear of the driver seat is not a really good idea,, well to me.i put a JL W7 n it was not pretty, the seat raddled too much. but since ur not into bass, i think it might be a good suggestion for u. i also recomend alpine, i personally think it performs better and its cheaper than jl audio. Some real good advise, think twice before makin cuts. ull probly have to get a custom box.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wttc .

Bat™
Old 01-13-2006, 04:42 PM
davidf

An 03 Track with nav. I thought that was'nt available on that year and model.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:05 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a sub box placed behind the driver in my 1st 350....don't do it. Get a box made under your strut bar in the hatch. Better sound for sure.

Wheels:
http://www.wheelsnext.com/main.phtml

http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp

Good luck...and check you cars VIN ## to make sure you got what they sold you.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:13 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidf
An 03 Track with nav. I thought that was'nt available on that year and model.
Yes it was.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:24 PM
indierock

Thanks for the input. Well i won't put the sub behind the driver seat after reading what you guys said. thanks for that. so i'll get a box made which will take care of that problem. Now i was thinking of buying some leather seat from leatherseats.com. the seats that come with the car are the standard bucket seats so can i still place the leather seats over them? is there enough padding in it? I also decided to go with the two tone seat covers. for the secondary color i was thinking of going with Maroon Suede and for the primary color i was going to go with black leather. What do you think? is that a good combo color?