Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laser Veil Install(Please submit pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:02 AM
lamaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser Veil Install(Please submit pictures)

GreetZ All,
I am considering covering my headlights with laser veil. The manufacturer says that it is a "neutral grey". If anybody has some pictures of this on their headlights, maybe even before and after pictures that would be great.

Any experiences with the product would be appreciated. Things like applying it(does it streak, did it get on your paint?), maybe you had to remove it (did it come off easy?), etc. I have done a fair ammount of research on the subject and would just like to get actual user feedback and pictures.

This thread is NOT about: radar/laser detectors, jammers, blah, etc,

Links:
manufacturer: www.laserveil.com
tests: www.speedzones.com/counter.html
vendor: www.radarbusters.com/products/coatings/veil.asp

ThankZ in advance,
-LamaZ
Old 01-24-2006, 03:39 AM
lamaz

No body uses this product?!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:44 AM
Driven1
Professional

What is that stuff? I've been in the automobile modding and customization business for almost 10 years and Ive never seen that.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:53 AM
Driven1
Professional

Oh waita sec. Yeah I know what that stuff is. That is the biggest gimmic known to man. Dude, if your that concerned about the Radar and laser protection then I sugest goin to your local K40 or Beltronics dealer and have a built in radar and laser defense system installed. The front and rear set up w/ laser jammer should run around $1500 installed. They actuallly guarantee the product to the point where they pay the ticket if you get one. :O) And Yes they do from personal experience.

Id be careful with that and the finish on your car. And can you honestly believe that just covering the plastic lighting and liscence plate on the front of your car will prevent you from getting caught speeding? I mean come on. Seriously. K40 works for me. Thats my recommendation. 1)Invisble to the cops. 2)Built in to the car (my LEDS are mounted in my guage cluster) 3) A TRUE guarantee.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:22 PM
lamaz

ThankZ for the opinion Driven1. Did you check out the test done on www.speedzones.com/counter.html, they don't say it will make your car invisible.... just gives you a little more time to react.

I'm not trying to make my car invisible, just rying to make it harder to track. I don't want to have some science project hanging off of my cluster gauge. Then again, if my car becomes a target for cops...I will have no choice but to install something like the K40 or Beltronics.

Thanks for the 411,

-LamaZ
Old 02-09-2006, 06:52 PM
tourinz

Exclamation

that DOES NOT make ur car invisible, but, it gives you enough time to slow down, when u use that w/ a radar/laser detrector. I ordered mine a couple days ago, after extensive research. The only way to become invisble to laser, is having a laser jammer (the x20is the best one), radar detector and the veil... the whole thing will cost you around 1500 dollars.....

By the way, alcohol will take it out...
Old 02-10-2006, 12:42 AM
lamaz

Originally Posted by tourinz
that DOES NOT make ur car invisible, but, it gives you enough time to slow down, when u use that w/ a radar/laser detrector. I ordered mine a couple days ago, after extensive research. The only way to become invisble to laser, is having a laser jammer (the x20is the best one), radar detector and the veil... the whole thing will cost you around 1500 dollars.....

By the way, alcohol will take it out...
Please post pics of before and after of the parts that you cover with the Veil. If you don't want to post up pictures of your license plate, would you be willing to send them to me as part of a PM?

I'm in NY, and you cannot have anything covering your plate by law. Hence I would have to apply the veil directly to my license plates.

-LamaZ
Old 04-19-2007, 09:47 PM
jamaicanj

How about pics of the system installed??
Old 04-20-2007, 04:06 AM
lamaz

Originally Posted by jamaicanj
How about pics of the system installed??
SUPER flashback...as you can see by the age of this thread. This thread turned into the does it work thread, and apparently NOBODY uses it on this forum and hence the lack of pictures.

-LamaZ