Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stillen Ver II body kit installed on Roadster, PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 07:40 AM
350zroadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stillen Ver II body kit installed on Roadster, PICS

Here you go, the car is chrome silver. Had some problem with parts fitting, Somerville Auto Center did a nice making it fit. Pics are taken at the garage, figured I could potentially damage it on the way home.

Parts installed
Stillen Front Fascia Ver II
Clear Corner reflectors
Stillen Rear Spoiler convertible version

Ordering some more Zaino stuff now, giving it a good waxing when the paint cures next week.
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Ver II body kit installed on Roadster, PICS-front.jpg   Stillen Ver II body kit installed on Roadster, PICS-rear.jpg  
Old 06-10-2006, 07:42 AM
djnc

i love that bumper, but it really needs the splitter along with it...its too high otherwise...very nice work
Old 06-10-2006, 07:58 AM
350zroadster

I see what you're saying.

Without the splitters though, it's the same height as the stock bumper(bumper goes above the undercover).

I stayed away for two reason though, the splitter was too much(rice or race prep?) and Boston is full of pot holes.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great man.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Roggan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it looks pretty cool, though i would install a black mesh behind the air ducts for a cleaner look.

I also think it would look even better with the splitter, it shouldnt make it too low i think, should be less then 1" lower with it...

Congrats!

/Roger
Old 06-10-2006, 02:18 PM
350zroadster

Yeah, I'm waiting for paint to cure, put clear bra on, then take it back to have black mesh applied to it.

I should have done it before but, oh well.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:23 AM
350zroadster

Also wanted to add that the parts were pretty poor in quality. I went with Stillen because members here had good experience with it but there was tons of fitment issues and bubbles in the urethane. This is probably the last time I would buy a stillen part. I would have been better off buying something from Ebay and save money, since either way the bodyshop needed to rework the parts.

Last edited by 350zroadster; 06-11-2006 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:38 PM
wilric44

Originally Posted by 350zroadster
Also wanted to add that the parts were pretty poor in quality. I went with Stillen because members here had good experience with it but there was tons of fitment issues and bubbles in the urethane. This is probably the last time I would buy a stillen part. I would have been better off buying something from Ebay and save money, since either way the bodyshop needed to rework the parts.
I want to ask you about your fitment issues. I have the Series 2 Hood. Now there is a considerable gap between the hood and bumper. Did you have this issue with their fascia? If so how did you fix it? I want to purchase the bumper but as you said Stillen does not seem to send defect free merchandise. I am going to have the body shop purchase the bumper for me or the dealer.

Any pointer would help.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:21 PM
350zroadster

Originally Posted by wilric44
I want to ask you about your fitment issues. I have the Series 2 Hood. Now there is a considerable gap between the hood and bumper. Did you have this issue with their fascia? If so how did you fix it? I want to purchase the bumper but as you said Stillen does not seem to send defect free merchandise. I am going to have the body shop purchase the bumper for me or the dealer.

Any pointer would help.
There's a bit of gap between the stock hood and Stillen bumper. I don't think anything is done to resolve this. There's also a 1/4 inch gap betweent he headlight and bumper, but you have to get close and look from above to see this.

I have to say, the parts are bad, but I was lucky the shop worked it out for me. Maybe their molde is in bad shape.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:19 PM
wilric44

Originally Posted by 350zroadster
There's a bit of gap between the stock hood and Stillen bumper. I don't think anything is done to resolve this. There's also a 1/4 inch gap betweent he headlight and bumper, but you have to get close and look from above to see this.

I have to say, the parts are bad, but I was lucky the shop worked it out for me. Maybe their molde is in bad shape.
I spoke to Stillen today and they told me to move the hood forward. They said to have the shop adjust the bolts on the hinges I guess to move the hood forward. If it does not work then I am going to see what Stillen does from there. It is suppose to fit exactly in my opinion or it should not be on the market. You would expect these for a refab, but not from the manufacturer. I like the look of the hood seriouly thinking about the bumper but I need a guarntee that it will close the gap.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:20 PM
B-Unit

looks good but u deff need some sides

-B-