Sponsored by:

06 HID Install on 04 Base

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:47 PM
FarSeide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 HID Install on 04 Base

I have searched and searched... please help

I originally had my base headlights converted to HID using the OEM Ballast and Bulb. And everything was working perfectly fine cause all I had to do was wire up 2 lines and use the plug for the ballast. but just the other day, some jack *** cracked both my tail lights and head lights so I ended up getting the new 06 HID Lights. The problem is I need way to plug in the original base harness into the HID adapter.

Has anyone done this ? Is there no adapter that will allow me to connect directly from HID to Base harness ? If not, does anyone have a wiring diagram so that I could hard wire thse. please help.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:41 PM
jondimellow

i have 05 base and i wanna get a hid conversion kit. what did u get? how hard was it to install?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:56 PM
FarSeide

I bought the 06 bi-xenon set and the LED rear. I am trying to figure out the wiring so that i could hook up the head lights..
Old 06-10-2006, 08:15 PM
rock350z

do a search and find Jun, he's the man for the job!
Old 06-10-2006, 08:34 PM
FarSeide

I've searched Jun but didnt find any relevant information regarding wiring up the 06 lights to the 04 base wire harness.

do you know who owns this picture or this car ? i was told that this particular member did exactly what i am trying to accomplish.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:35 PM
FarSeide

Old 06-10-2006, 10:23 PM
v8hunter

+1, im trying to figure out the same thing but w/ 05 lights
Old 06-11-2006, 08:35 AM
FarSeide

I think I figured out the wiring schematic but I wont know for sure until I wire them up.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Subscribing in case thread is found before I locate. I know someone posted a DIY 03 hids to 06 hids
Old 06-11-2006, 10:16 AM
solarscar

Hey, thats my car and it was probably the most fun i ever had doing a mod. I was like you, i searched endlessly trying to see if anyone, someone had done this and after a few days, i came to terms that i was going to guinea pig myself and go for it. I had NO wiring diagram to go by.... What i did was take the lights out and the accompanying wiring harness from the light and hooked it up (just the harness) to the adapter and then looked at the 06 HID harness and was like, okay, the low beam is this wire and it goes to this pin so it has to be the same on the 05 base light and i was right, the difference (if i remember correctly) is that the 06 HID has ONE LESS PIN OUT and its because the turn signal bulb is only a turn signal i.e. just a single filament bulb. The 05 base lights have a dual filament and there for another wire. Just match up the lights function from headlight to headlight and make very good connections! i used wire taps taped around the taps and then hot glued the ends of the taps to be sure. The lights work great and they are amazing looking. Great cut-off and they are true HID lights (through a projector)
Old 06-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by solarscar
Hey, thats my car and it was probably the most fun i ever had doing a mod. I was like you, i searched endlessly trying to see if anyone, someone had done this and after a few days, i came to terms that i was going to guinea pig myself and go for it. I had NO wiring diagram to go by.... What i did was take the lights out and the accompanying wiring harness from the light and hooked it up (just the harness) to the adapter and then looked at the 06 HID harness and was like, okay, the low beam is this wire and it goes to this pin so it has to be the same on the 05 base light and i was right, the difference (if i remember correctly) is that the 06 HID has ONE LESS PIN OUT and its because the turn signal bulb is only a turn signal i.e. just a single filament bulb. The 05 base lights have a dual filament and there for another wire. Just match up the lights function from headlight to headlight and make very good connections! i used wire taps taped around the taps and then hot glued the ends of the taps to be sure. The lights work great and they are amazing looking. Great cut-off and they are true HID lights (through a projector)
Do you have any pictures of the install?
Old 06-11-2006, 04:39 PM
FarSeide

Originally Posted by solarscar
thanks for your reply. I jus did the same thing. Last night, I compalred the my broken lights to the new 06 lights and just went at it.

I now have perfectly working HID lights. Who says you cant use the 06 HID on a base..

thanks again
Old 06-11-2006, 04:40 PM
FarSeide

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Do you have any pictures of the install?

I've wrote up my own wiring instruction so if your interested, i will post it here.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:56 PM
TiPIACE

Guys i just had this had done

In Aus pre 06 cars were all halogen

My car had a 6 pin harness on the engine side. I bought the headlights new from Japan and had the dealer throw in the 8 pin harness. So all my installer did was remove the wiring from my 6 pin, and insert them into the 8 pin, then plug the headlight in, dead easy.

This is what the 8 pin harness looks like. Try sourcing this part from your dealer, will make the install very easy. Failing that, just splice each wire individually like solarcar did

Either way they will work fine, but you wont have the auto leveling feature. The software for that would be built into the 06's BCM. But i dont mind since i prefer to manually adjust the beam level.

Light output compared to the old headlights is vastly improved. You dont get much color from the 06 lights, beam on the ground is a creamy white color (not pure white) but actual output is unreal and lights up in front of the car very well. And they also freshen up the look of the car, makes it look more modern
Old 06-11-2006, 05:11 PM
FarSeide

I have finally completed thsi project and if you need the DIY instruction, please PM me and I will send you the links.

Thanks TiPiace for giving me the idea that it will work.
thanks solarscar for doing int intially so that i know it could be done.
thanks all
Old 06-11-2006, 05:30 PM
TiPIACE

no probs mate, happy to see it all worked out
Old 06-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

I am intrested in the step-by-step DIY. Also where is everyone buying there '06 lights?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:03 AM
oos15oo

Also do you happend to know the part number or place where you can buy that plug, because I tried taking the wire schematics to the dealer and they said they couldn't order just the plug.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:56 AM
FarSeide

Originally Posted by oos15oo
Also do you happend to know the part number or place where you can buy that plug, because I tried taking the wire schematics to the dealer and they said they couldn't order just the plug.

same thing here. They told me it was part of the engine harness and they cant just sell me the harness.

So I ended up using the old harness from my old headlights and used that between the 06 and the engine side.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:56 AM
FarSeide

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I am intrested in the step-by-step DIY. Also where is everyone buying there '06 lights?

I got mine from Performance NIssan. Thanks to EDDY !