Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have corbeau seats in their z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:26 PM
bghoward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have corbeau seats in their z?

Let me start off by saying that I have the stock crappy non-leather seats (2004 performance model) and I have been thinking about doing something with the seats to class the car up a little. I have been considering getting my seats re-upholstered with some custom leather, but I don't like the lack of lumbar support in the seats and I want something a little more supportive.

I'm not really planning on doing a lot of racing or anything, maybe auto-x or an HPDE once or twice in a good year, I mostly want something that holds me better, looks better, and is more comfortable than stock.

Anyways at one point a test drove the Evo and absolutely loved the Recaro seats that the car comes with so that started me on my quest to find some similar aftermarket seats for my Z.

However, as much as I liked the Recaro seats, I don't think I can justify spending upwards of $2000.00 on seats, I mean that's a good start on my way to FI!!!

Which brings me to my question...I came across corbeau as a possible option. They seem much cheaper than the likes of Recaro and Sparco and I wanted some opionions. I have been specifically looking at getting some A4's. Does anyone have some experience with those seats? Do the fit the Z without rubbing the door, do the seats still slide back and forth without issue, how does the seatbelt work with them, etc.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/a4/9_02.jpg

Thanks
Old 07-18-2006, 03:34 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Solution to the lack of lumbar....

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...latelumbar.php

I've taken several long trips in my Z and never arrived feeling fatigued or sore. I still can't believe after all these years, Nissan hasn't added these to the Z's seats.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:59 PM
bghoward

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Solution to the lack of lumbar....
While that solves the lumbar problem, I still want something a that looks a little better than the stock cloth seats.

BTW how is that thing installed in the seat?
Old 07-18-2006, 06:40 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Oops, I forgot to mention that I got Classic Soft Trim Leather seats installed in place of my stock cloth seats. The lumbar balloon slides between the seat cover and the frame/padding. You can unhook the seat-back cover at the bottom and get easy access under the cover. The actual seat is a little harder to remove because it's hog-ringged to the base frame.

The CST leather in two tone with Z emblem embroidered in the back runs about $650 installed. Come with the same 3 year warranty that Nissan would provide. CST is the official aftermarket supplier for Nissan leather seats. If you tell a dealer you want leather in a car, that's who they send it to.

I've got a couple pics here:
http://louisianazclub.org/coppermine...s.php?album=13
Old 07-18-2006, 06:59 PM
ToXiC

I have the corbeau forza pole postion seats red ones. i like the seats alot. I will get some pics in the day so u can see what the look like. on fitment issues the forza only rubs the door when the seat is 100% all the way back and our the bolts arent fully tighten. and the price for them is kinda hard to pass up imo.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:25 AM
bghoward

bump
Old 07-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know 350znv is on his 2nd set of Corbeau seats in his Z. Maybe he can chime in. However, I personally think the stock seats look pretty good and if you plan on getting them reupholstered you can always have the seat builder add bolsters etc if they are good at doing that kind of thing. I do not know if you plan on running racing harnesses, but I think it looks dumb when people get racing seats and still use the stock seatbelts
Old 12-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump
Old 12-02-2006, 06:38 AM
wtf no turbo

Originally Posted by bghoward
Let me start off by saying that I have the stock crappy non-leather seats (2004 performance model) and I have been thinking about doing something with the seats to class the car up a little. I have been considering getting my seats re-upholstered with some custom leather, but I don't like the lack of lumbar support in the seats and I want something a little more supportive.

I'm not really planning on doing a lot of racing or anything, maybe auto-x or an HPDE once or twice in a good year, I mostly want something that holds me better, looks better, and is more comfortable than stock.

Anyways at one point a test drove the Evo and absolutely loved the Recaro seats that the car comes with so that started me on my quest to find some similar aftermarket seats for my Z.

However, as much as I liked the Recaro seats, I don't think I can justify spending upwards of $2000.00 on seats, I mean that's a good start on my way to FI!!!

Which brings me to my question...I came across corbeau as a possible option. They seem much cheaper than the likes of Recaro and Sparco and I wanted some opionions. I have been specifically looking at getting some A4's. Does anyone have some experience with those seats? Do the fit the Z without rubbing the door, do the seats still slide back and forth without issue, how does the seatbelt work with them, etc.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/a4/9_02.jpg

Thanks
I have black A4s wide version in microsuede. Greats seats for the money and I had to put something made in America in the Z. They looked great in the car but I have a roadster and need to modify some electrical issues with the top so i put the stocks back in till all turbo, motor, and body work is done.

Ive had alot of expensive seats in my day and these measure up with some of the best. No fitment issues at all either. I will suggest you pay extra to have corbeau shave the seats down to get a little lower in the car. I think i payed 50 bucks a seat, but worth every penny with a roadster.