Sponsored by:

Headrest Embroidery

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 10:46 AM
giulio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Headrest Embroidery

Hi everyone,

I offer a service of embroidering headrests for car enthusiasts like myself. I have been doing headrest embroidery for quite a while now. People send me their existing headrest covers. I embroider and ship them back. The whole process with shipping takes 9 days or less.
Would you be interested in this service?

Prices:
$60/pair for cloth
$70/pair for leather
Prices include basic return shipping.

You can check out the gallery and comments:
http://www.UniverseG.com/hre

Here is a customer's pic:

I have never done a Z yet. I'd be very happy to though =)

Any questions are welcome here!

Thanks,
giulio
Old 02-24-2003, 11:05 AM
msink

Do you have a pattern yet for the Z?

Mark
Old 02-24-2003, 11:32 AM
giulio

Arrow

I don't have any Z logo embroidered yet. First I need to get a feel for the demand.
But I do have a design ready. I made this from a picture of the car's badge: (View attachement) It's the Z in a circle. This would be the design I'd go with if I had a Z. But I don't, so I'll let the forum members decide. And in the future I'll make more variations (350Z, "Z" alone, etc).

Thanks,
giulio
Attached Thumbnails Headrest Embroidery-350zlogo_exp.gif  
Old 02-24-2003, 12:30 PM
RedComet

you need to have a cover or the actual headrest?
Old 02-24-2003, 12:31 PM
ztom

I like your "Z" logo. I would have had that put on my Katzkin leather seats, but their 2 logo choices I didn't care for, so I just had "350Z" put on them.

Do you think that it would be overdone to have both "350Z" on the seats, and the "Z" logo on the headrest?

What colors would you do the logo in? black & silver? black & frost?
Old 02-24-2003, 12:57 PM
giulio

RedComet,
I use the pre-existing headrest covers. Usually car headrests are just foam with a cloth or leather cover over them. The covers are held in place by either plastic clasps, zippers, or permanently stitched on. If the Z uses the last method, this will all be in vein (someone please check for us haha!).

Just shipping me the covers helps in a few ways:
- I'm sure in most states it's illegal to drive without headrests on your seats (federal safety)
- Shipping just cloth is cheaper
- The embrodery machine needs acces to both sides of the fabric to be embroidered

ztom,
To be honest, yes, I do think that would be too much. I like to make a nice addition that's clean, subtle and classy. But it's your car and you can season it to your individual taste! And when in doubt... photoshop it. =)
The colors I would choose personally... silver for both the Z and the ring. And I'd fill the center with whatever exterior body color I had (or the accent color of the interior). Or keep the center black and use the body color for the z and ring.... there are so many choices and they all come out looking awesome, it's hard for me to pick!

Thanks,
giulio
Old 02-24-2003, 01:19 PM
ztom

Giulio;

My exterior is black and the interior is black, with stock frost headliner and sun visors. The Katzkin seats are black leather with
frost ("puddy") inserts, and "350Z" logos. I ordered these thru ATD1, but have not yet received them. Thus, the logo would need to be black and frost to match the seats, etc. or black and silver to match the "aluminum" interior trim.

Since I also have frost floor mats and hatch mat (with black edging) and black "350Z" logos, the interior would probably be overwhelmed with "Z" stuff, if I added your headrest "Z" logos.
Now that I think about it, it may already be overwhelmed.

I do like your design though, and wished I had seen it before ordering the seats (about a week and 1/2 ago).
Old 02-24-2003, 02:20 PM
Mr Fairlady

What about "FAIRLADY Z' in the Headrest??

That would be my vote!!!! depending on how much?? That would look phat!! I like Fairlady alot better then 350Z or just Z,.but that IMO

Not sure of the Font of it,..but maybe I could find a pic of it!
Old 02-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Z'd

How about a set of headrest covers that would slide over the existing headrests and have elastic at the bottom?? I have the frost leather interior and would like a slip-over cover- either in the frost color or black, for contrast. Having the Z logo there would be great!!!

If you are unable to make the covers, I can have my local seamstress do it and then send them to you for embroidery.

How much for 2 covers???
Old 02-24-2003, 03:40 PM
giulio

ztom,
I may have lost your business by being honest, but like it says in my first sentance... I'm an enthusiast too. So, I won't mislead anyone. If you want anything else embroidered (or the z, still) I'd more than happy to.

Fairlady,
Sure I can put any design on. Since it's a custom design, just for you, I'd have to charge a setup fee. That fee ranges from $10~infinity (usually about $50) and is in addition to the embroidery fee. Also, you have to supply me with the artwork. Email me a pic when you find one and I'll quote a price for you.

Z'd,
That sounds great. The price is the same, since it's no different to me than getting an OEM pair.
I never explored this possibility (making embroidered slip-ons) since it would:
- add to the price
- i dont own one of every make/model/year car to fabricate after
- they might not have the same fit and finish
On the other hand, it would allow someone to buy multiple designs and swap them at will. Hm, maybe I'll consider it again. I don't have a 350z to play with though =(
So for now, your best bet is to have your seamstress make them and ship them over to me. Be sure that they are exact as possible - I need the same folds, stitch locations, etc as the oem pair so that I can align and center the design.

Thanks again,
giulio
Old 02-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Z'd

I'll have a set made and ship them to you. Once completed, you could use mine as a pattern or I will have my seamstress make a pattern for you, if you want. I will want the Z logo at the start of the thread.
Do you have one of those computerized machines that will scan the logo and then program the machine??
Old 02-24-2003, 05:25 PM
giulio

I have been having a PM conversation with one of your members. He took a look at the bottom of the headrest and it looks like they are sewn on all the way around. Can a few others do the same?
Sometimes there is a plastic clasp but it's hidden because it's folder underneath the fabric (so the harder you tug the tighter it gets). Unless this other member is wrong, I (and we) might be out of luck with this =(

Z'd,
The logo above I created "by hand". I made it using vectors tracing the original photograph. It will not be scanned, but impported into the embroidery software. From there it is turned into stitch placement coordinates. Some crazy stuff!
You're welcome to have the covers made and shipped to me. Please let your seamstress know that I'll need a way to make sure the design will be centered and aligned.

Thanks everyone,
giulio
Old 02-25-2003, 12:59 PM
giulio

Question

Has anyone been able to check and see how the headrest fabric is held onto the headrest?

Thanks in advance,
giulio
Old 02-25-2003, 01:02 PM
djkern
Banned

Default headrest

giulio,

david here....

the headrest is sewn all around...can't get any part of it off. the only way to get something would be to make a headrest cover.

great idea...but nissan made it hard to make it!

thanks,
djk
Old 02-26-2003, 04:47 AM
giulio

Oh well, thanks for trying!
g
Old 02-28-2003, 01:32 PM
ztom

Giulio;

What's the size of the "Z" logo?

My Katzkin seat covers have been shipped. They were unable to put "350Z" on the backrest (for some still unexplained reason). They are able to do it for 95% of the cars, but not the 350.

Anyway, let me know if you still have any plans to do your "Z" logo.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:07 PM
BomexZ

HOW ABOUT THE NISMO LOGO??????????
Old 03-01-2003, 08:48 PM
djkern
Banned

if all of you read the thread fully.....he CAN'T make these for us. he needs a headrest that can come apart....specifically the cover of the headrest. nissan makes the headrests as one piece. you can't get a cover off of them....so, he can't make them. the only way to get this done is to get a cover over the headrest. no other way possible!
Old 03-02-2003, 07:38 PM
christurismohk

HOW ABOUT THE NISMO LOGO??????????
how 'bout these?
[img]
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...7/fca52a10.jpg[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 09:04 PM
djkern
Banned

just my opinion...but those things are ugly as hell! why would you ever put those in your car! more importantly...they would be worse for your neck if you were to get in an accident!

Quick Reply: Headrest Embroidery