Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerodynamics Package...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 09:25 AM
ScottMZ3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerodynamics Package...

I noticed that the "Aerodynamics Package" comes with a front lip spoiler, but I can't seem to see it on any of the pics I have seen on the forums. Does anyone have a pic of what the factory lip spoiler looks like? Everyone's stock front bumpers appear to look the same to me. (tried searching the boards for answer, couldn't find it)

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2006, 09:27 AM
03Zilverstone

Unless I'm mistaken, it's just a little black piece along the bottom of the bumper cover.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:28 AM
philude

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
Unless I'm mistaken, it's just a little black piece along the bottom of the bumper cover.
you are not mistaken.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:48 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All Zs come with a small spoiler, about half an inch that is molded into the bumper. The aerodynamics package adds a 1" plastic spoiler that snaps on over that stock half inch one. It's hard to notice in pictures because of such little difference between the two.

This is the pic of this part from the mynismo.com site, and still, it is not much to see, but that's it.

Chris
Old 08-05-2006, 10:49 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Package also includes a rear air diffuser: fitting under the muffler. If you alter the exhaust, you may as well put the diffuser in the trash.

Last edited by davidv; 08-05-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Suvlaki

I mainly got the aerodynamics package cuz of the rear deck spoiler. It looked too plain without that spoiler in the back, and other spoilers jus' don't go with the car. I'm sure the aerodynamics package increases the downforce but you probably wont be able to tell the difference... it is so minimal. Again, it is for looks mainly.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:07 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Yeah David, I am surprised nobody is making ABS diffusers to fit with the various aftermarket systems. For instance in front of the Fuji/Nismo or a triangle for the HKS/Injens. I suppose most aftermarket systems also do away with the flat bottom resonator so it may be a mute point.

As far as I know, only the APS system has fittings for the stock muffler diffuser.

Chris
Old 08-05-2006, 11:17 AM
roast

Originally Posted by Suvlaki
I mainly got the aerodynamics package cuz of the rear deck spoiler. It looked too plain without that spoiler in the back, and other spoilers jus' don't go with the car. I'm sure the aerodynamics package increases the downforce but you probably wont be able to tell the difference... it is so minimal. Again, it is for looks mainly.
I'm willing to bet I could tell a difference at 159mph if I didn't have the aero package, but that's just a guess.

Downforce is always a good thing at higher speeds.

Originally Posted by davidv
Package also include a rear air diffuser: fitting under the muffler. If you alter the exhaust, you may as well put the diffuser in the trash.
Are you talking about the diffusers on the track model? I didn't think the diffusers were a part of the aero package. I thought it was just the lip and the rear spoiler??? Nissanusa.com lists the only models with the diffusers as the track and grand touring, and it's not listed as an accessory item.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:42 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Your talking about the Track rear diffusers, the little side diffusers right behind the rear wheels that come on the track.

Davidv is talking about the large metal diffuser attached to the front of the back muffler. Once the stock muffler is removed, there is usually a big cavity in front of or behind the new aftermarket back box(s), depending on style of system.

Chris
Old 08-05-2006, 11:43 AM
roast

Oh ok... I gotchya. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:04 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by roast
I'm willing to bet I could tell a difference at 159mph if I didn't have the aero package, but that's just a guess.

Downforce is always a good thing at higher speeds.

Are you talking about the diffusers on the track model? I didn't think the diffusers were a part of the aero package. I thought it was just the lip and the rear spoiler??? Nissanusa.com lists the only models with the diffusers as the track and grand touring, and it's not listed as an accessory item.
My error. The Track includes the under diffuser which I believe is part of the Zero Lift package.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:54 AM
ScottMZ3

Thanks so much for the info and the photo! That cleared it up.

One more question...any idea why Nissan won't let you get both the aero package and the mud flaps? Says you can't install both...seems odd.

-Scott